Chapter 7

Living Under the Same Roof with a Jock

Hyosung tried to look away but Kikwang’s eyes wouldn’t leave her face. He was staring down at her intently and she could feel her face get warm, self conscious about the fact that every feature on her face was now in detail to his eyes. What if he noticed the little blemishes there? On  to the more important matter, why wasn’t he letting go of her?! It was already pretty awkward as it was with all this time that had passed by.
 Not knowing what else to do, Hyosung raised her hands and placed them on Kikwang’s chest to get him off her. With quick push, they were separated and his hands were no longer around her waist. He shook his head, dazed by the sudden action before looking at her again, making her startled.
“Why’d you do that for? I saved you.”
“What do you mean you saved me?” She burst out once again without thinking. Then to justify the statement, she added on, “I could have saved myself...” Her eyes were on the floor again, feeling awkward with the moment. Finding nothing else to do, she started making invisible circles on the floor with the tip of big toe.
“Huh?” he asked, dumbfounded. This girl is so weird... “Why won’t you look at me?!”
“I don’t know...” She muttered, feeling foolish and pretty annoyed with herself. Why couldn’t she talk right? She wouldn’t dare look up, knowing that if she did, she would find him staring at her and she would end up saying or doing something stupid again. She could already feel his eyes on her without even looking up.
 “Well...”
“Well?” he asked. “Do you really want me to leave that badly? What did I ever do to you??”
She quickly looked up at this statement,“No, I didn’t mean that!” There was a sense of panic in her voice. She didn’t want him to feel like she didn’t want him there, although his presence was making her feel uneasy and she rather him gone.
Hyosung’s head filled with confusion once again when she saw a smile- no a smirk slowly appear on his face. “So now you look at me,” he took a step forward.
She squinted her eyes, “Huh?” But he wasn’t saying anything anymore, only coming closer and closer with every step. What is he doing? Realizing that the space between them was becoming less and less, she started backing away, walking backwards without looking back. He wouldn’t stop though, only coming closer and closer when she suddenly, her back hit the wall and there came the end to their little game.
He placed on arm on the surface of the wall beside her,  “No more escaping...” he said and then, Hyosung could feel the teenager’s touch again, but this time, it was on her chin. He was lifting her chin up until she was facing him, and staring into his dark eyes once again. There was something about those eyes that made her feel queasy - weak to the knees. She felt helpless, being cornered between the bed, walls and Kikwang blocking her only exit.
She couldn’t even escape his gaze with him holding her chin like that with a strong clasp. Why is he doing this?
Her heart skipped a beat when he opened his mouth. For some reason, a tiny part of her was scared that he was going to bend his head in and kiss her! They were pretty close after all, with nothing but the air to separate their lips. But instead of his lips coming in closer, they moved as he spoke the words, “Why do you look so familiar?...?”
She was baffled. Did he still not recognize her? “Is your memory really that bad? You really don’t remember me?”
“So I do know you?” he asked, coming in closer to peer at her. She tried to back away but it was impossible. They were so close that she could smell the cologne radiating off his clothes. She couldn’t help but notice how good it smelled. Why is his smell so attractive? She felt like being drowned in a hug from him, but quickly shook those thoughts of him away.
There was a wondering look in his eyes as he panned her face with his eyes,, as if trying to recall her in his mind when suddenly, “Ah! You’re that girl!” and he quickly backed away until they were much farther apart than before. Hyosung’s eyes widened. When she realized that she was free from his grasp again, she straightened herself up, relieved that she was free from his closeness again but curious as to why his reaction was so dramatic.
“So you finally remember?”
“Yes, your from history class and-” he raised a hand to his head and grabbed it as if he had a headache, “God. can’t believe I was playing with one of the nobodies!” his eyes were shut as if he were stressed.
Hoysung’s eyes went big. Did she just hear what she thought she heard?
As if suddenly realizing what he had just said, he opened his eyes and turned back to her. “No offense...”
She looked at him with disbelief. He only acted like this because he didn’t know who she was before?
“Wh-” she started off but he cut her off.
“Look, I’m sorry I acted that way but I didn’t know who you were before... Damn, you look so different with your hair down like that,” and with that, he walked out of the room, leaving a girl alone and dazed.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Hey, I'm so sorry guys for not updating as much anymore! We have guests staying in our house for a while and now I barely have any time on the computer... I'm sorry! :(