When He Can't Make It To Your Graduation

Optional Bias Scenarios (Going On)

 

“Cue the music!” you heard your English teacher yell out, standing tall in here heels on the stage. Music then started to play, the sound of loud trumpets filled the auditorium as you stayed seated, waiting to be called to walk up the stairs, and onto the stage. You then felt someone kick your left leg, turning your head to see one of your close friends rolling her eyes.

“This is so boring” she said, you laughed and nodded. You were at your high school’s auditorium, and you and your graduating class were practicing everything for your actual graduation tomorrow afternoon. Your English teacher, Ms Park seemed very nervous and was pushier then she was normally.

“Everyone be quiet! You better not act this way tomorrow!” she yelled over the loud music through the microphone and cleared .

“Choi Yoon Mi” she called and your friend beside you sighed.

“Yay, my turn” she whispered to you in a sarcastic tone and shot out of her seat and walked carefully in her high heels towards and up the stair case. She walked up to Ms Park and stood beside her, practicing with holding the certificate and smiling towards the crowed. Ms Park then rushed back to the podium and spoke into the microphone calling your name. You got out of your seat and carefully walked passed everyone else and walked up the stairs to grab your ‘pretend’ certificate. You were waiting for this special day since the first day of your last high school year.

 Even though the official day is tomorrow, you already had your dress and gown laid out for you back at your apartment shared with your boyfriend, ready to go. You were smiling bigger than expected standing on stage looking in the crowed because of your thoughts of ___ coming tomorrow. You both knew how hard you’ve been working this year and you were so ecstatic to hear that he could make it to your graduation. The last time you saw him was just a month ago, when he had to leave for promotions in Japan. During that time, you felt anxious if your boyfriend would come or even remember your graduation. But just a couple nights ago, when you were having a little skype date with him, he promised he would make it.

Ms Park patted you on your back, indicating for you to walk off the stage and sit back in your assigned seat. You did so, and as you walked down the stairs toward you seat, your phone started buzzing, loud enough for some people to turn their heads towards you. You blushed, and laughed awkwardly before answering the call.

“___-ah?” your name was called over the phone, you quickly looked at your phone screen to see it was your boyfriend calling you, then placed it back to your ear.

“Oh, hey oppa” you said quietly, walking a bit farther away from the stage and crowed so nobody could disturb you.

“H-How are you doing?” he asked in a soft voice like you did.

“I’m okay, we’re just practicing for graduation” you told him, smiling to yourself, but he reply to you.

“I miss you oppa, I can’t wait to see you” you confessed through the phone, hearing a sigh on the other line.

“I’m so sorry jagi. B-But I won’t be able to make it tomorrow…” he said. You gasped a bit, feeling such hurt.

“Why?” you asked in a squeak, upset with what he was saying to you.

“Manager hyung is making us do another show here, I won’t be able to get there on-time” you lowered your head and stared at the floor, your feelings becoming too unbearable and finally letting some tears shed. He apologized for what seemed like forever, but you knew none of it was his fault. You laughed and told him not to worry about it and good luck for his show. Then ending the call, you slowly whipped your tears away, trying your best not to smudge your makeup and sat back down at your assigned seat, wanting to go to back to your apartment and get the day over with.

~

“___ ___” Ms Park called you up to the stage. You took a big breath of air, and sighed, plastering a fake smile on and walking up the steps. As you did, you thanked Ms Park and you both turned towards the crowd, smiling for your parents to take pictures. You spotted out your parents, since you could hear your mother bawling like a child and your father taking too many pictures. But beside them was an empty seat, the seat your boyfriend was supposed to be sitting in. All you wanted to do was see him, hug him and kiss him. You thanked Ms Park once again, and walked down the stairs and off the stage. You quickly walked to your seat and sat there, listening to more speeches and awards be handed out, still thinking about your boyfriend.

After the ceremony ended, you met your parents outside of your high school in the court yard and sat down at one of the benches.

“Honey, where’s ___?” your mother asked, sitting beside you and wrapping one of her arms around your shoulder.

“He…couldn’t make it” you said to your parents. Your mother frowned and apologized while your father gave a stern look to your mother. He never really accepted your relationship with ___, but he knew you both felt something with each other.

“Do you want to leave ___-ah?” your father asked, giving you a small smile. You smiled back and nodded, you hugged your parents, thanking them for coming and that you love them. Walking back towards your car, you could hear girls screaming from the front entrance of the school. You turned around to see what the commotion was about but you didn’t see much because everyone was all in a huge crowed. Just as you were about to enter your car, you heard someone yell out your name. You rolled your eyes, having a feeling it would be one of those jerks you were stuck with since the start of high school and turned around again to see ___ running to you. Your mouth dropped open, shocked to see him here. You quickly covered your face, trying to hide your tears growing in your eyes from him as he was now in front of you.

“I need to start running” he exclaimed, panting from running to you. Your burst into laughter causing more tears to fall. You immediately pounced on him, wrapping your arms around his waist, hugging him tight.

“I missed you” you mumbled into his chest, staining his white shirt from under his tux from your tears.

“Aw, jagi don’t cry” he said, kissing you on your head.

“I’m so sorry I missed it” he said, letting go of the hug and linking hands with yours.

“It’s alright, you’re here now” he smiled, leaning in and kissed you sweetly. You definitely missed them, still getting butterflies in your stomach. You both then ended the kiss, catching your breath.

“What are you wearing anyway?” you asked, blushing that he was wearing a very nice tux, finished with a simple black tie. He chuckled and looked down at the ground.

“I-I thought it was right for the occasion” he mumbled, making you laugh at his embarrassment. Then, he placed his hands on your cheeks and gave you light pecks.

“I’m so proud of you ___-ah, I love you” he whispered. You blushed and nodded.

“I love you too oppa”