When You Are Afraid

Optional Bias Scenarios (Going On)

Everything around you was crumbling into bits and pieces. You looked around the house that was falling apart, scared to death. You could feel yourself breathing less and less air every second. You all of a sudden could feel your legs start to feel like they were there again. Moving them around, finally getting up from the almost gone floor and running out the house. You were almost at the front entrance, about to save yourself, and then pounds of concrete fell from the ceiling and landed in front of you. You turned around one more time, but it was too late.

You shot up from your bed, heart beating uncontrollably, water pouring down from your forehead and eyes. It was just a dream you continued to yell through your mind, trying to calm yourself down. You then jumped from the sound of thunder coming outside of your apartment. You cried harder, being terrified of thunder and lightning ever since you were a kid. As you got older, you tried your best to conquer your horrible fear but always failed. You always put yourself down, everyone you knew had no problem with this type of weather and you’d always beat yourself up for being so afraid.

After another ten minutes, the thunder and lightning have gotten worse making you even more terrified. Still crying, you heard the door open over the thunder. There stood your boyfriend, having a sad expression on his face. You felt totally embarrassed for him seeing you like this; you turned your body away to the other side and crawled up into a ball.

“Awe jagiyah” he said, walking up to your bed and crawling in the bed with you. He lied on his side facing your back, brushing your hair and cuddling up to you to make you feel safer.

“Sshh, its okay ___-ah” he whispered in your ear so you could only hear him and not the roaring thunder coming from outside. You couldn’t take it anymore, finally turning around and snuggling up to your boyfriend, still crying. You tried your best to just think about anything other than the thunder and lightning. Somehow your mind came back to the horrid dream you had a while ago; you gripped onto your boyfriend harder, making him feel more concerned.

“I’m s-such an idiot” you mumbled. Your boyfriend hugged you tighter, trying to relax you.

“How? For being scared of thunder and lightning?” he asked. All you did was nod on his chest.

“Jagiyah, you are not an idiot. Lots of people are afraid too, you’re not the only one” he said, playing with your hair. Another huge roar of thunder and bright flash of light attacked your window again. You then cried your loudest, terrified. Your boyfriend knew about your fear, but never knew it was this bad. He felt so horrible that you had to go through this all the time when a storm was happening. He then grabbed your sheets and put them over the both of your heads. You were confused to what he was doing. Whenever you would do this, it wouldn’t hide the fact that the thunder was still incredibly loud. ___ then grabbed your cheeks, whipping many of your tears away. He then placed a kiss on your lips, tasting your tears that you were still letting fall. You then wrapped your arms around his waist, hiding your head in his chest. He held your head in his chest and covered your ears with his hand. After another minute, he could tell the storm was starting to pass by. He noticed you were still awake, and started to sing softly in your ear. You were taken by surprise once he started to sing your favourite ballad song from his group. You couldn’t hear thunder as much and started to feel sleepy again. You let your eyelids drop as he continued to sing you to sleep.

The next thing you knew it was morning. The sheets were off the both of you, seeing the sunlight come from your window. Still snuggled up in your boyfriend’s arms, you looked up to see him peacefully asleep.

“Thank you oppa” you whispered, kissing him on the cheek. Once you opened your eyes, you saw him smiling.

“You’re welcome jagi” he whispered back, making the both of you laugh. After constantly telling each other I love you, I love you, I love you the both of you fell back asleep, resting and enjoying the sunny day ahead of you.