When You Are Very Sick

Optional Bias Scenarios (Going On)

You groaned as you grabbed onto your stomach in pain. Just last night you were having an amazing time with your boyfriend and his band members, eating food and watch various movies. You admitted, that was probably one of the most fun moments you’ve ever experienced. Your body disagreed the next day, as you were tossing and turning in bed feeling the uncomfortable pain growing in your stomach. You would take medicine, which would only help a little. Overall, you’ve never been this sick before.

“Jagiyah, are you home?” you heard your boyfriend yell out of the room. You wanted to shout out that you were lying here but had no energy to. Your stomach was taking over of you eating, talking and sleeping. You saw your door opened exposing your boyfriend.

“Hey, why are you still in bed?” he asked, since it was already three in the afternoon. He walked closer to you, to see you unbelievably pale. His eyes widened, seeing you look so sick and you holding onto your stomach.

“Oh my god. ___-ah, you don’t feel well?” you nodded, making ___ feel so bad. He wondered how you got sick and he didn’t.

“Was it something you ate?” he asked in a soft tone, trying not to disturb you too much.

“Probably.” you said barley in a whisper.

“Can I do anything?” your boyfriend asked, your hair and rubbing your head trying to make you forget about the pain causing in your stomach. You shook your head, reassuring him that you’d be fine. You asked him if he could lie in bed with you, but before you finished the question he was already lying next to you, still playing with your hair.

“Just try to sleep okay jagi?” he said, giving you kisses on your head. You agreed that maybe sleeping would help you feel at least a little bit better, you then moved into a more comfortable position wrapping your one arm around your boyfriend’s waist, hugging him. The next thing you knew, you couldn’t feel the pain anymore as you drifted off.

You woke up feeling ten times worse than before. The thing that confused you was that you didn’t feel like you were about to be sick. You knew your boyfriend was asleep, hearing the soft snores coming from him. You quietly sat up and got out of bed. You gasped, feeling more pain, and then walked towards the living room. You couldn’t take this anymore; even walking made you feel so much pain. You carefully sat down on your couch and grabbed your phone. Looking at the clock you saw it was only 9pm. As the phone was ringing, you somewhat felt like you knew what was going to happen.

“Umma?” you asked.

“___-ah? What’s wrong?” she asked her tone writing concern all over it.

“How did you feel when you had to get surgery?” you asked, scared to hear her response. Just as you thought, your mom had gotten her appendix removed a couple of years ago. This ran in the family and you guessed this would happen to you also. She explained her symptoms, matching exactly how you were feeling.

“O-Okay, thank you umma.” you whispered into the phone then hanging up. You felt lost; yes this was honestly no big deal. But you always had nightmares about yourself getting surgery. You knew that you were absolutely going to live after this; you just wouldn’t have an appendix inside of you. Using all of your strength, you got yourself up off the couch and went over to your bedroom to ask if ___ will take you to the hospital.

As you walked in, you smiled for the first time today at how your boyfriend’s sleeping face was too cute. You started to softly call his name, making him wake up. He noticed you were standing up and rubbed his eyes.

“Are you feeling better ___-ah?” he asked, hoping that you were. He hated seeing you be in pain, he always loved seeing you smile. When you were in pain, sad or angry, he would always feel upset for not seeing that perfect smile of yours. You shook your head, frowning.

“Can you take me to the hospital oppa?” you asked, giving a little smile to show that going wasn’t going to be a big deal. His smile wore off, widening his eyes.

“W-What? What’s wrong jagi?!” he said a little too loud, making your head start to pound again.

“It’s just my appendix, don’t worry.” you whispered, grabbing onto his hand. He agreed to take you, quickly changing into something else, and helped you get into his car. As you were sitting in the passenger’s seat, you were looking out the window, noticing how you were passing all of the other cars. Your boyfriend was going almost twice as fast as the speed limit, making you scared.

“Oppa! I’m not in labour! Slow down!” you shouted, making ___ quickly slow down. He muttered an apology, making you laugh a little.

As you reached the hospital, the pain didn’t leave you alone. You were sent to the nearest room, sitting down on the bed. The doctor came in, grinning from ear to ear. He asked all of your medicals details and then started to proceed in the checkup. Pushing down on certain parts of your stomach either made you ticklish or in serious pain. He concluded it was your appendix and told you and your boyfriend they will begin surgery in a while. You nodded and thanked him, leaving you and your boyfriend alone.  

“I’m so sorry.” your boyfriend said, looking down at his feet.

“Why? You didn’t do anything oppa.” you reassured him. It made you feel sad, seeing him blame this on himself.  You explained to him that this ran in your family history and that nobody could tell when this would happen.

“I should have taken you to the hospital earlier. So you didn’t have to be in pain all day.” His voice cracked, making your heart break.

“I didn’t know it was my appendix earlier. None of this is your fault ___.” you said. You then asked him to come over to your bed side, he did so sitting up from his chair that was on the other side of the room. Using your little strength, you put your hand around his neck, bringing him down for a kiss.

“I love you.” you mumbled against his lips, making him grin. A nurse then came in the room, asking you to come with her to go into surgery. You smiled back to your boyfriend, mouthing ‘I’ll be fine’ and slowly walked out of the room.

The next day, you were lying down on your couch watching your favourite drama. ___ has never left your side since yesterday, bringing you anything you needed, even cooking food for the two of you. You could hear him running around the kitchen trying to clean up everything which made you giggle. You heard him call your name from the laundry room.

“I’m coming…” you said, about to get up from the couch. Your boyfriend then came running into the living room, yelling at you to stay lying down and not move since you were recovering.

“I’m feeling a lot better oppa, its okay.”

“No! The doctor said you have to rest for the day!” he shouted, making you both laugh.

“I was just going to ask… how you turn on… the washing machine.” he said not very loud, making your eyes widen. If anyone couldn’t tell, you were the one to do the laundry in the apartment. You explained him how to simply turn the switch on, making him sigh.

“That’s it?!” he said, as if he was in shock that it was that easy. He walked closer to you, leaning down giving you another kiss like he did this whole day. He mumbled a ‘Thank you’ while kissing your forehead as he ran down the hallway to the laundry room again. You smiled, feeling amazing to feel so much better and to know how incredible your boyfriend really is. You leaned back again and continued to watch your drama, then hearing your boyfriend shout “It worked!” from the laundry room.