How did it end up this way?

Model for Me

 

"Looks like you got your wish, Baekkie," Baekhyun winced at the tone of voice that Lu Han used; it was just so condescending.

The two of them were in a quaint little cafe and Baekhyun was more than sure that he was not going to like what Lu Han was going to say next.

"I had promised that I would leave you alone because I was so mean and terrible to you, wasn't I?” The way he said it made it more than obvious that he didn’t think that he had been though. “For my Sehunnie though, I'll do anything. So I guess this is goodbye, Byun Baekhyun."

"No," Baekhyun gasped; never had he wanted this. "Please don't leave me…"

"Leave you?" The older model burst out laughing at that. "I'm not leaving you. We never had anything in the first place. There was no relationship. We had an agreement. You would help me win back Sehun and until that happened, we would be in a fake relationship. You know, I still don't understand why you agreed to this. So since this is the last time we will probably ever be speaking, why don't you tell me?"

"Because I love you," Baekhyun cried. "I wanted you to be happy… and I just wanted a chance…"

"Ha!" Lu Han spat in his face. "You're so pathetic, you know that?"

And then he pushed his chair back from the table and stood up.

"Goodbye, Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun just watched Lu Han leave before scrambling out of his seat and chasing after the other. There was no question that the older model had treated him horribly, but the thought of Lu Han not being in his life anymore… it terrified him; it was literally his worst nightmare.

"Lu Han, wait!" He cried as he reached out and grabbed the other's arm. "Please, can't we work something out?"

Lu Han shook free of his grasp and turned to stare straight at him.

"Why, Byun Baekhyun?" Baekhyun tensed at his tone of voice. "So you can humiliate me more? I already know that you cheated on me with that photographer!"

"That didn't mean anything though!" The younger model protested loudly, forgetting that they were on the street and not noticing that there were people who were stopping and staring at them.

"Stay away from me, Baekhyun!" Lu Han was acting like someone who had just had his heart broken. "Stop trying to get me to give you a second chance! You're the one in the wrong here. You hurt me! I deserve better!"

Baekhyun was taken aback by his words; Lu Han was playing the victim, like the two of them had switched positions.

"Leave me alone!" Lu Han turned around and started walking away, heading towards the crosswalk.

Baekhyun knew that when this got out it would most likely be some huge news story and it may very well destroy his career or, at least, give him some undesirable reputation, but at that moment all he cared about was Lu Han.

"Lu Han, wait!"

Baekhyun chased him across the street without a single thought for his own safety. That was when he heard the loud beeping of a car. The last thing he saw was a frightening smirk on Lu Han's face before his world went black.

 

Baekhyun felt cold, so very cold…

Where was he, and why was it so cold? He tried to open his eyes only to find that he couldn't. And then he realized that he could barely breathe and that he couldn't move either. What was going on?!

The memory hit him like a ton of bricks. Lu Han, break up, car… he was hit by a car… Baekhyun gasped when he felt a sharp pain in his left side. Numbness spread through his body suddenly and then he fell asleep again.

Baekhyun was woken up by the annoying beeping of the heart monitor, the incessant dripping of the IV, and what sounded like someone sobbing while trying to keep it quiet. Forcing his eyes open, he turned to his right to see a figure hunched over on a chair. Who was this person and why was he crying? He seemed vaguely familiar, and Baekhyun felt something nagging at him, something that told him that this person was rather important.

"…Chanyeol-ssi," He winced at how his voice sounded, dry, raspy, and not like him at all. "Why are you here?"

The photographer looked up immediately and a wide grin appeared on his face; it was rather blinding. The tear tracks showed that he had been crying just a moment ago though.

"Baekhyun-ssi, you're awake!" He exclaimed. "I'm so glad!"

And he seemed genuinely happy too.

"I don't understand…" Baekhyun mumbled. "But why?"

"Because I love you," He stated confidently, his smile never faltering. "And I was concerned about you! Do you know how worried I was when Sehun told me you were in a car accident? I ran down here almost immediately… I'm just so glad you're all right now!"

"…Thank you, Chanyeol-ssi," Baekhyun whispered, but that didn’t even begin to convey what he was feeling.

He honestly couldn't remember the last time someone had really cared, or had been worried about him. Baekhyun was so touched by Chanyeol’s words that he started tearing up a little.

"Why are you thanking me?" Chanyeol's face was now one of confusion. "Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry…"

"No, you said nothing wrong," The model told him as he slowly and painfully moved himself into a sitting position. Chanyeol reached out and propped up his pillow and Baekhyun smiled at him in appreciation. "And I should be the one saying sorry. I'm sorry for the way that I reacted to that night, I'm sorry for the way I treated you and I'm sorry that I can't reciprocate your feelings… I'm just so confused right now…"

Baekhyun looked away feeling a little ashamed.

"Don't worry about it, Baekhyun-ssi," Chanyeol’s voice was kind. "I understand. And if it's time that you need, I'm willing to wait."

He turned back to look at the photographer to see the wide and toothy grin back on his face.

"Thank you, Chanyeol-ssi…" Baekhyun repeated as he wiped a tear from his eyes. "I really appreciate it."

 

Three weeks. That was how long Baekhyun was in the hospital for before he was finally allowed to leave. The doctors didn't allow him to leave until they were sure that he would be able to heal completely. They almost made him stay longer when they heard that he lived alone and that he didn't have anyone to take care of him.

"I'll take care of him," Chanyeol's deep and familiar voice reached his ears. "Is that okay, Baekhyun-ssi?"

The model could only nod numbly at the other's rather sudden suggestion.

"Then it's settled," He replied with a familiar wide grin. "He can stay with me until he's well enough to live on his own again."

 

And just like that, Baekhyun found himself living with Chanyeol and he couldn't say that he disliked it, at all. Although he had to say that he thought that Chanyeol did a little too thorough of a job in terms of taking care of him. The other never let Baekhyun do anything on his own, except for things that needed to done alone, and even then he would continuously reiterate that he was right outside the door.

Baekhyun didn't find this annoying though, he had to say that he liked the attention, and it had been a long time since someone had really cared about and loved him like this. Which was why he was beginning to feel rather guilty. He felt like he was taking advantage of Chanyeol, taking advantage of the other's hospitality, and not even being able to reciprocate his feelings. Baekhyun didn't really enjoy this guilt that was gnawing at him.

Chanyeol also made sure he literally never had to do a thing, even when he was at work everything was already done. Baekhyun was restless, he was used to being busy and used to taking care of himself. He was definitely not used to having someone do anything for him. It was just… strange and different for him.

He lasted about a week, not doing anything that is, and then he couldn't stand it anymore. There had to be something he could do!

So one night he decided to try and make dinner for the two of them. Going through the fridge, he found that Chanyeol was quite prepared. Deciding to keep it simple as to not worsen his injuries, Baekhyun pulled out some vegetables and placed them on the counter. Carefully, he washed them, and then started to cut them slowly.

A piece of cucumber slipped off the board and on to the floor. He sighed as he put the knife down and bent over to pick it up. That wasn't a great idea. He could feel his chest throb in pain as he did so, and he winced as he stood back up hoping that he hadn't done anything that made it any worse than it already was. After washing the piece that he had dropped, Baekhyun picked up the knife again.

"I'm back, Baekhyun-ssi!" Startled by Chanyeol's rather sudden return Baekhyun managed to slice his finger open. Gasping in pain and shock, he dropped the knife on to the floor.

Chanyeol closed the door behind him before finally noticing the model was in the kitchen.

"Baekhyun-ssi? Are-?!" He rushed over at the sight of the blood that was dripping out of the other's finger.

Turning on the tap, he immediately stuck Baekhyun's finger under the flowing water.

"Why were you in the kitchen? What were you doing? Why won't you listen to me?" Baekhyun winced at Chanyeol's words; he had been hoping that he could have finished this before the photographer got back. "Ugh, it's good that it's not that deep. What if it had been though? What if you really hurt yourself?!"

Baekhyun was hurt by Chanyeol's words and so felt the need to defend himself.

"I'm sorry, but I've been living on my own for years, so I think that I'm capable of taking care of myself," Baekhyun responded, temporarily forgetting about the pain in his finger and his chest. "And no one asked you to take care of me, anyways! I would be perfectly fine without you!"

The model regretted his words almost immediately.

"No… I'm sorry, I didn't mean that…"

Chanyeol sighed before turning the tap off.

"I'm sorry too, Baekhyun-ssi," Chanyeol whispered as he pulled Baekhyun’s finger towards him and gently kissed the cut that was no longer bleeding. "I'm just worried, and I don't want your injuries to get worse. I know you're perfectly capable… I just want to help you…"

"Thank you, Chanyeol-ssi," Baekhyun could feel himself blushing because of Chanyeol's kiss.

"I'll get you a bandage," The photographer gave him a small smile before leaving the kitchen.

Baekhyun followed after him, completely abandoning any and all thoughts of making dinner. Chanyeol opened a closet and started rummaging through it, concentrating really hard on finding bandages. The model just stood and watched him; truly grateful for everything the photographer had done and was doing for him. He was more than sure he had never done anything to deserve this, especially not for Chanyeol.

"Here it is!" He exclaimed as he pulled out a box and removed a bandage from it before placing the rest back. "Here you go!"

Chanyeol turned towards him, softly grabbed his hand and bandaging his finger before kissing the cut again.

"Now promise me you'll be more careful…" Chanyeol whispered, still holding his hand.

And Baekhyun knew that he wasn't just talking about this cut, that he meant later on and forever as well.

"I promise…"

 

Baekhyun was told that he would need to stay with Chanyeol for at least a month so that his injuries could heal completely. He kept a mental calendar and crossed off each day that passed, almost eager to return to living on his own. It wasn't because he didn't want to be around the photographer, it was more due to guilt and he didn’t want to use the other, which he felt like he was doing.

When the month finally ended he left the photographer a quick note expressing his gratitude before almost immediately running out of the apartment. Baekhyun ran while trying to hold back his tears of regret and trying to ignore this unfamiliar feeling that was bubbling in his chest.

 

End of chapter 8

-----------------------------------------------------------

So... what happens next? ^_^ I don't even know lol OTL

I hope you liked the chapter ^_^;;;;

Thank you so much to all my subscribers! I love you all ; A ; <3

Until next time! Hopefully by the end of the week. =3