Why are you doing this to me?

Model for Me

 

The moment that photographer and his assistant were out of room, Lu Han pushed Baekhyun away from him rather roughly.

“Thank you, Baekkie,” Baekhyun winced at the way Lu Han emphasized the nickname; he said it like his name was a vile substance that he wanted away from him. "Thank you for so willingly playing along."

That's right, their relationship was fake. It was just a one-sided love in which Baekhyun loved Lu Han so much but Lu Han was only using him to make that photographer's assistant jealous. It has been this way for quite a few months now. Despite the fact that Lu Han seemed to treat him like a toy, Baekhyun found himself falling for him a little more every day; it was rather painful.

The younger male was still leaning against the wall, panting for air and chose not to say anything. The older male's mouth twitched into a smirk before turning around and leaving the room. Baekhyun only moved to run after him.

After every photo shoot that that photographer's assistant was present at, Baekhyun would be forced into an extremely embarrassing show of affection. Not that he really minded; Baekhyun would rather it be this way than having Lu Han ignore him. When the assistant was gone though, Baekhyun would try to get Lu Han to be a little more understanding.

"Lu Han, I…" He began only to be abruptly cut off by the older boy spinning around and facing him with a rather angry expression.

"You just won't give up, will you?" He was right up in Baekhyun's face now; so close he could feel the other's hot breath on his face.

"I would like a chance, at least…" Baekhyun whispered causing Lu Han to start laughing rather loudly.

"A chance, ha," The older male replied in a way that told Baekhyun he wasn't taking him seriously, at all. "Listen closely, Byun Baekhyun, you will never be anything but a tool for me to use when I please, you got that? And until I can get Sehun to love me again, you're going to play along like a good little boy. If you don't, I can have you ruined over night, never forget, you are only where you are because of me. So your feelings and all that , I really couldn't care less."

And then Lu Han was walking away, like that conversation had never happened. Baekhyun fell back against the nearest wall, feeling his heart pound against his ribs and he could barely breathe. Lu Han always told him pretty much the same thing, but he'd never been so blunt and Baekhyun was surprised how much it hurt. He buried his face in his hands to hide the tears that were now falling, not even caring about smudging the makeup on his face.

 

Baekhyun dragged himself back to his apartment eventually. He had just sat there, against that wall, for who knows how long. Many people had walked by him, some asked him what was wrong, but most people didn't care. He hadn't bother moving until someone poked him telling him that the studio was closing and that he needed to leave. Baekhyun had only sighed and gotten up, before grabbing his bag from the back and leaving.

So now, there he was, lying on his bed, still depressed. His face was covered with smudged makeup and he was still wearing what he had been for the shoot. Baekhyun knew that there was not much of a point to him being so depressed over this since Lu Han had never felt the same way, and most likely never would; he wasn’t sure how he had even been able to live with this inevitable truth for so long.

Sighing and feeling extremely miserable, Baekhyun peeled himself off his bed and into the shower. He leaned his head against the shower wall and just let the scalding hot water hit him and burn him. Sighing, he started scrubbing himself roughly until his skin felt raw. There was no point to all this. Hurting himself, that is.

His career used to mean the world to him, maybe even more than that. Baekhyun wanted to be successful, to prove a point to those who had looked down on him, but mostly because of his parents. And then he met Lu Han. Sure, he had been rather famous before that, but Lu Han made him more desirable and before he knew it, he was being featured on magazines all over the country and every one knew his name.

Lu Han had given him this, and he definitely could take it away. In all honesty though, Baekhyun would choose Lu Han over his career any day, but in this case losing his career also meant losing Lu Han permanently and he knew he'd never be able to stand that.

When the water was really starting to hurt him, he finally turned it off. Sighing again, he exited the shower, dried himself off and got dressed. Baekhyun then did his hair and reapplied his eyeliner with a slightly shaky hand. He basically always wore make up, even at home, since without it he felt exposed. The more important reason, though, was because Lu Han had once, albeit rather offhandedly, told Baekhyun that he looked ugly without any makeup.

Despite being a model, Baekhyun found that he didn't really care what anyone else thought of him except for Lu Han; it made him feel like a child constantly seeking the approval of his parents.

Baekhyun pulled open his fridge and found the half-empty bottle of vodka that he had opened a couple days ago. He sat down on the couch and took a sip of the vodka, wincing as it burned his throat. It was a pleasant kind of burn though; a welcomed pain.

Soon enough the bottle was empty and laying on the floor in several pieces on his living room floor. Baekhyun stared at the broken pieces on the floor before starting to laugh rather bitterly; it was obvious that he was drunk.

Standing up on wobbly legs, Baekhyun attempted to go back to his room, only to lose his balance and then slip and fall onto the floor. Baekhyun winced, feeling the glass pierce his skin but the alcohol made him feel numb enough, and this was nothing compare to the emotional pain. He slowly shifted on to his knees, causing some glass to pierce his hands, but he managed to get up and actually make it back to his room. Collapsing on to his bed, Baekhyun passed out almost immediately while absentmindedly wondering if all of this was really worth it…

 

End of chapter 2

-------------------------------------------------------

Because nothing is ever as it seems... 

Thank you so much to my subscribers! ; A ; I can't believe there are so many of you already... why? I don't understand... <3

Anyways, hope you liked this chapter, and I'll try to update as soon as possible ^_^