Do you know how happy you make me?

Model for Me

 

Chanyeol had missed this, this elation of just being able to take pictures of his beloved Baekhyun. And as the model posed this way and that, the photographer was inwardly screaming at the beauty in front of him.

They had made progress the night before, at least to Chanyeol they had. To hear Baekhyun say that he didn’t love Lu Han in that way, and that he never had, made him so happy. It meant, to him, that his chances had just grown quite a bit, and Baekhyun hadn’t told him no.

All too soon, though, his time with Baekhyun came to an end for the day, and that meant he had to take pictures of Lu Han. Now that he knew exactly what had transpired between the two of them, just the mention of the older model’s name was enough to make him angry. He was afraid that he would be unable to control his temper if he were to see the other in person.

“Why do you keep looking at me like that?” Lu Han asked as Chanyeol snapped another photograph. “Do I have something on my face?”

“It’s nothing,” The photographer quickly mumbled. “Lu Han-ssi, please stop moving around.”

“Oh, I know why,” And then a knowing smirk appeared on his face. “Baekhyun told you about me, didn’t he?”

Chanyeol’s silence only encouraged him to continue.

“Ha, I knew it!” Lu Han sneered, turning to stare directly at the photographer. “What did he say? Did he say I mistreated him? That he hates me? That he regrets helping me?”

Chanyeol straightened up and removed his camera from his face.

“Lu Han-ssi, I’m trying to do my job,” He sighed. “Can we talk about this later?”

“No, I want to talk about this now,” Lu Han stated, acting like a child, before leaning forward slightly. “Is that really what he said? Ugh, can he be more pathetic?”

“Lu Han-ssi, I would prefer if you didn’t speak badly of-”

“And you, you’re pretty pathetic too,” The model continued, standing up and facing the taller male. “What do you see in him? I know of your feelings for him, and I just don’t understand.”

Chanyeol was starting to find it harder and harder to maintain his composure, Lu Han’s words, his tone of voice, just his everything, was really starting to annoy him.

“Just because you don’t see any of his good qualities doesn’t mean that no one else does,” The photographer stated, still trying to stay calm. “I, for one, would never use him.”

“You’re right,” Lu Han replied with a nonchalant shrug of his shoulders. “So you think I’m a terrible person too, right?”

“Maybe,” Chanyeol replied, he wasn’t going to fall into Lu Han’s trap; he knew that the other was trying to provoke him.

“Hmm,” Lu Han took a step towards Chanyeol, trying to appear frightening. “How about I tell you what I think of Baekhyun then? My little Baekkie.

The photographer just crossed his arms, pretending like he didn’t care, but inside he was wincing just at the way Lu Han said Baekhyun’s name.

“That little two-timer,” The model smirked. “He told me he loved me, and yet he slept with you. And the way he begs me, and clings to me, like a puppy that’s desperate to please its master, it’s just so pitiable. Oh, and I’m sure if he were to ever agree to start a relationship with you, it won’t be because he actually has feelings for you, it’ll be because he's a desperate little that’s greedy for atte-!”

And that was all Chanyeol could stand to listen to. His last shred of patience had gone out the window and he had actually raised his fist. So now Lu Han was laying on the ground with a hand over his mouth and his eyes wide with disbelief. The photographer was panting, and he, himself, couldn’t quite believe what he had just done, but he didn’t regret it. If anything it had actually felt good. That little bastard had it coming.

Chanyeol took a step towards him and raised his fist again, fully intent on releasing all his pent up anger. Before he could actually land another hit, though, he felt someone grab on to his arm.

“Chanyeol-ah, please stop!” Baekhyun’s voice cried out, and Chanyeol realized it was him who had stopped him.

And he dropped his arm, all his anger suddenly dissipating.

“Let’s go, Chanyeol-ah,” Baekhyun whispered, now trying to drag him away. “He’s not worth it…”

The photographer followed after him, knowing that he was right. As they were walking away Chanyeol saw Lu Han struggle to his feet and then wipe some blood from his lips. A familiar smirk was once again on his lips as he, too, left but in the opposite direction.

 

“I think it would be best if you were to take a leave of absence,” Chanyeol repeated, mocking the way his boss had told him that.

After all, they couldn’t have their photographers going around being violent with the models. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes as he pulled some chips from his cupboard before going to sit on his couch. Despite being forced to stay home for a month he still felt no regrets about what he had done.

With some amount of difficulty, Chanyeol pulled the bag open, but due to pent up frustration, he managed spill chips all over the place in the process. He couldn’t be bothered to clean any of it up though, so he just slumped back against the couch and ate what was left in the bag. He had stuffed about five into his mouth at once when someone knocked on his door.

Who could that be? No one ever came here at this time of day. Tossing the bag aside, Chanyeol stood up and brushed himself off. He made his way to the door while managing to step on several chips.

 “Sehun-ah,” Chanyeol said, surprised to see the other. Then it dawned on him that if he wasn’t working than Sehun obviously wouldn’t have work either. “Come in.”

He stepped aside and let the younger male into the room, and Sehun entered without a word. Chanyeol winced as Sehun eyed the mess of chips in his living room. He didn’t say a word though as he stepped around everything and made his way to the couch. Okay, something was definitely wrong. The Sehun that he knew would most likely have made some sort of snarky comment about the mess, or have at least said hi.

Tiptoeing his way around the chips, Chanyeol sat down carefully next to Sehun on the couch.

“Sehun-ah,” He began carefully. “Is something wrong?”

The younger male didn’t reply for a while, and just stared straight ahead, like he was deep in thought.

“Hyung,” He said eventually. “Do I deserve to be happy?”

“Of course, Sehun-ah,” Chanyeol shifted closer to him, confused by the other’s question. “Why are you asking me this?”

“Then why would you do this to me, hyung?” Sehun turned to look at him, pain in his eyes. “Why would you punch Lu Han and then leave him alone? He came to me and he just said the most terrible things about you and Baekhyun-ssi… and I didn’t say anything because I was afraid he would hurt me, or worse you two… Of course, after all of that I learn that I temporarily don’t have a job… Why hyung?”

Chanyeol was speechless; it hadn’t even occurred to him that his actions would have such a negative impact on Sehun’s life. Wordlessly, he pulled Sehun into his arms and the other didn’t resist. Saying sorry wouldn’t mean anything at this point.

“I mean it’s bad enough that I forced myself back into being in a relationship with him,” Sehun muttered. “And now this… I love him still, but he’s definitely not the same person, even without all the cheating…”

“What do you mean by-?”

“By me forcing myself?” Sehun finished. “I don’t want to be in a relationship with him, hyung, at least not anymore… And I was never going to agree to it… but then he told me that he was using Baekhyun-ssi to get me back, and I couldn’t stand the thought of another person suffering because of me, so I agreed for his sake… Well technically for both of your sakes…”

Chanyeol’s arms around Sehun tightened, feeling rather ashamed of himself for letting his assistant, someone he had claimed to care for as much as himself, suffer so much because of him.

“I’m so sorry, Sehun-ah…” He had never meant an apology as much as he had at that moment. “I promise, if there’s anything I can do, I will help you.”

The younger male placed his head onto Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“I’m going to hold you to that, hyung,” Sehun mumbled. “Please don’t break that promise…”

 

The next week passed rather silently, Sehun was busy with Lu Han, which was why Chanyeol was surprised to hear a knock on his door that afternoon.

“Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol couldn’t even believe that the other was at his door.

“Hi Chanyeol-ah,” The model smiled at him. “I would have visited sooner but I was caught up with work…”

“It… it’s fine, please come in,” He stuttered, suddenly nervous. “Sorry, my apartment’s a little messy…”

Baekhyun stepped inside and waited for Chanyeol to close the door before turning to him.

“Chanyeol-ah… I um, got you a gift,” He told the other while holding out the bag that he had been holding. “As an apology and as a thank you…”

Chanyeol accepted the gift with shaky hands, stunned that the other had gotten him something in the first place. From the bag, he withdrew a box, and then opened it to reveal a beautiful, but very expensive looking, silver wristwatch.

“Oh my god, Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol exclaimed, staring at the watch. “Th-thank you so much, but I can’t accept this…”

“Why not?” Baekhyun looked at him with wide eyes, clearly afraid that meant that he didn’t like it.

“It’s beautiful, but it must have been expensive…” He really did want to keep it though. “And I… haven’t done anything to deserve this.”

Chanyeol closed the box and was about to place it back into the bag when Baekhyun stopped him.

“No, Chanyeol-ah,” He shook his head and smiled at him. “You have no idea what you’ve done for me… If you don’t accept that, then I’ll feel guilty for the rest of my life…”

“What have I done for you, exactly?” Chanyeol was confused, he felt like he had done nothing but cause trouble for the model.

“You… saved me,” Baekhyun told him. “You helped me realize that I deserve better, that I deserve love, that helping Lu Han was a mistake, that I had never loved him… and because of that I think I’m…”

The shorter male said the last part so quietly that Chanyeol missed it.

“I’m sorry,” He leaned in closer to the other. “What did you say?”

Baekhyun’s face reddened rather dramatically as he cleared his throat.

“I… I said that I think I-I’m ready to… accept your feelings for me…” He repeated just a little bit louder than before, but Chanyeol caught it.

“Are you saying what I think you’re saying?” Chanyeol questioned calmly, just to make sure; on the inside he was dying though.

Baekhyun responded with a shy little nod, and Chanyeol immediately stuffed the box with the watch into his hands.

“Hold this for a second,” He told the model when he looked at him confused.

And then with both hands, Chanyeol lifted Baekhyun’s face gently and placed his lips upon his. The kiss was feather light and brief but the meaning was there. Chanyeol was fighting the urge to deepen it; he didn’t want to scare Baekhyun away. Pulling away, he was rewarded with the sight of an adorable blush upon the model’s face as well as a genuine smile that told Chanyeol that he, most likely, liked the kiss.

“Chanyeol-ah…” He looked up at the photographer, his eyes bright. “I…”

“Shh,” Chanyeol smiled, and placed a finger over Baekhyun’s lips before taking the watch back. “You don’t need to say anything.” 

Chanyeol reached out and took hold of one of Baekhyun’s wrists and gently led him over to the couch where he sat down first, placed the watch on the coffee table and then patted the spot next to him, trying to get Baekhyun to sit down. The model was still noticeably hesitant, but he did so anyways. The photographer placed an arm securely around the other’s shoulders and pulled him closer.

“I can’t believe this is really happening,” Chanyeol was thinking out loud. “I’m not dreaming, right?”

“No, Chanyeol-ah,” Baekhyun whispered, while softly giggling. “I promise this is real.”

"You…are really okay with this?" Chanyeol was still a little paranoid that Baekhyun would run away, again.

"Yes, just not completely yet," The model admitted as he shifted slightly against Chanyeol. "But a little more time is all I need…"

The two of them fell into a comfortable silence, Baekhyun's head upon Chanyeol's shoulder, and Chanyeol holding Baekhyun close and tightly. The photographer had a wide smile plastered on his face as he placed his head on top of Baekhyun's. The model didn't try to move away, and Chanyeol took that as a very good sign.

He closed his eyes and thought about the last couple of months and eventually came to the conclusion that that car accident may have actually been a blessing in disguise otherwise Baekhyun probably wouldn't be here, right now, like this… that was when his thoughts turned to Sehun, and he once again felt guilty.

Unconsciously, Chanyeol let out a loud sigh, shattering the peacefulness of the moment, and causing Baekhyun to shift his head so that he was now peering up at him.

"Is something wrong, Chanyeol-ah?"

Chanyeol was about to say no when he realized that he probably wouldn't be able to do this alone.

"Baekhyun-ah," He lifted his head off of the other’s and looked directly at him. "I… need your help."

"Of course, anything," Baekhyun responded, his eyes widening in worry.

"Sehun, my assistant…" He trailed off, unsure how to tell him. "He… he said that he forced himself back into a relationship with Lu Han because of how terribly he was treating you… and I'm really afraid for him…"

Baekhyun's eyes were wider now, obviously in shock; no one would take that kind of news well.

"So… I want to help him… and because I had made him a promise…"

"Of course, Chanyeol-ah…" Baekhyun responded slowly. "What can we do though? Lu Han is an extremely possessive per-"

The model quite suddenly stopped talking, and a smile was now on his lips, like he had actually come up with something.

"Don't worry about a thing, Chanyeol-ah, I know exactly what to do."

 

End of chapter 11

---------------------------------------------------

Yay! They're finally together! ^_^ so I hope you liked this chapter owo i had a lot of fun writing it ^_^

Thank you so much to all my subscribers! ; A ; I can't believe how many of you there are! <3

So until next time, which will hopefully be before the end of next week. ^_^