How can I make it up to you?

Model for Me

 

The more Chanyeol thought about it, the more he regretted the way he had acted towards Baekhyun. He had finally gotten into a relationship with him, and he had to go and screw it up. He was more than desperate to make it up to him.

He knew that Baekhyun had left the country because of Lu Han, and the newspapers had confirmed it was true. It was quite sad that he needed to find out news of his own boyfriend from the newspapers. It also told Chanyeol that he had gone to Japan, but not his return date because that was apparently unconfirmed. So that gave Chanyeol an uncertain amount of time to figure out how he was going to make it up to him, if Baekhyun was even willing to forgive him, that was.

Sehun called him a couple days later to say that he would be unable to work for a while. He refused, however, to tell Chanyeol the reason as to why that was. After a bit of prodding and persistence, the younger male finally let slip that he was in the hospital. The photographer almost dropped his phone in shock, and went to visit him immediately. When he arrived, Sehun was awake, but he didn’t seem completely himself.

Against his better judgment, the first thing that Chanyeol asked was how this had happened. Sehun refused to answer the question, but the photographer had a sneaking suspicion that it had something to do with Lu Han. He wasn’t there long before Lu Han showed up, and so he decided it was time for him to leave. He gave Sehun a kiss on the forehead, before telling him to take care. The photographer had also taken the time to shoot the model a warning glare.

Chanyeol looked up all return flights from where Baekhyun had gone and made sure that he was at the airport on every single one of those days, and during every single one of those times. And every day he brought fresh flowers with him, hoping that that day would be the day that his Baekhyun returned to him.

He also tried to visit Sehun as much as possible, but was never able to stay long either because of Lu Han, or he was trying to catch his Baekhyun.

His efforts finally paid off two weeks later. Chanyeol spotted Baekhyun and rushed to meet him. When the model dropped his bag, the photographer mistakenly thought that he was just really happy to see him. He didn’t know what to think, though, when Baekhyun pushed past him, and was confused until he was told to leave him alone.

His shoulders drooped as he watched the other leave the airport. It was more than obvious that Baekhyun wasn’t ready to forgive him. To Chanyeol, that just meant that he needed to try harder.

 

He arrived at Baekhyun’s doorstep the next day, fully intent on just talking and hopefully working out a solution. The model refused to even open the door for him. Chanyeol stood outside and knocked on his door for almost a full hour, yelling out his name, trying to apologize, but Baekhyun just told him to go away. It wasn’t until a neighbour stuck her head out and screamed at him for making too much noise, did he give up and leave.

Chanyeol went back the next day, only to find that Baekhyun wasn’t home. He decided to wait for him, even if he had to wait all day. The model came back about two hours later, his face an emotionless mask.

“Baekhyun-ah,” Chanyeol called out to him, when he was close enough.

Baekhyun’s eyes widened in surprise, but then he looked sad again. He started walking faster, and immediately stuck his key into the lock upon reaching his door.

“Please, Baekhyun-ah,” He pleaded as he grabbed hold of one of the other’s arms. “I just want to talk…”

“Let go of me!” Baekhyun screamed, struggling against him.

So Chanyeol did, hoping to avoid upsetting the other further. After the shorter male had opened his door though, he just went inside before slamming the door in the photographer’s face. Chanyeol stood in front of the door for a long moment, wondering if perhaps he should knock, but then he remembered the look on Baekhyun’s face, and changed his mind. Instead he turned around and walked away with his head down, trying to hide his tears.

 

Chanyeol didn’t go the next day, or the day after that. Instead, he went to Sehun’s apartment and attempted to keep his mind off Baekhyun by taking care of his assistant. The younger male still had some trouble doing a few of the every day things on his own since his release from the hospital. It soon became quite clear, though, that Chanyeol needed to be taken care of as well.

“Hyung,” The photographer looked up to see Sehun looking at him, concern all over his face. “Why did you just throw that egg away?”

“Huh?” Chanyeol was confused as he looked in to the garbage can to see that he had indeed just thrown a whole egg in there. “Oh… I’m sorry.”

He bent down to take it out, but Sehun stopped him.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” The younger male asked as he started dragging the other out of the kitchen. “You just seem so… out of it.”

“I’m fine, Sehun-ah,” Chanyeol replied with a sigh before attempting to go back to what he had been doing previously, only to be stopped by Sehun. “Sehun-ah-”

“No you’re not, hyung,” The younger male insisted, tightening his hold on the other’s arm. “This is not the first time you’ve done something… questionable.”

“…What else did I do that I didn’t realize?” He was a little afraid to know though; just how badly had he been screwing up?

“Um… let’s see…” Sehun’s face became thoughtful as he started counting off things. “You threw my towel into the trash instead of the dryer sheet, you forgot to turn the rice cooker on, and the uncooked rice is still in there, I don’t even remember how many things you’ve burned, and I’ve lost count of the number of times that you’ve hurt yourself…”

Chanyeol winced as Sehun said each of those things.

“Why didn’t you say something?” He asked, feeling rather stupid.

“Yah, don’t blame the person with the head injury,” Sehun replied, although it was probably meant as a joke.

“I’m sorry…” Chanyeol mumbled. “I’ve just been… distracted…”

The younger male rolled his eyes in response.

“Baekhyun?” He guessed, although it was probably obvious.

“…He won’t talk to me,” The photographer replied, running a hand through his hair. “He won’t open the door for me… I know I screwed up, but I just want a chance to at least talk about it with him. Maybe get him to forgive me…”

 Sehun gently patted him on the back, a sympathetic smile on his face.

“It’ll be okay, hyung,” He said. “Why don’t you head home for the day? I’ll be fine on my own.”

“Okay, Sehun-ah,” Chanyeol only agreed because he knew that he needed to clear his head. “I’ll see you later…”

Sehun just nodded as the photographer left.

 

Chanyeol had gone home and just slept the rest of the day away, hoping that he would be able to figure out what to do about Baekhyun. After he woke up, though, he still had no clear idea than he had the day before. He got up, and got dressed, downed some coffee, and went out; staying in the apartment only made him feel worse.

He had no particular location in mind, he just wanted to wander, and so he did. He walked around aimlessly for hours until he passed by a pet shop, and something caught his eye. There, on display at the front of the shop, was a white, and rather fluffy puppy. And this puppy, for reasons that he could not explain, reminded him of Baekhyun. So on impulse he bought her, and decided to give her to Baekhyun as a present.

 

Chanyeol took a taxi to Baekhyun’s apartment, just carrying the puppy the entire time. She didn’t seem to be pleased with the way he had been carrying her, so she had been struggling against him for some time now. Chanyeol didn’t pay the puppy much mind, however. He paid the driver in front of Baekhyun’s place, and prayed that he would at least open the door for him.

“Baekhyun-ah,” He called as he knocked. “Baekhyun-ah, please open the door… I just want to talk to you… please.”

And to his surprised, Baekhyun actually opened the door. He looked like he had been about to say something until his eyes fell on the puppy, and his face lit up. Chanyeol was so happy to see him smile again that he almost forgot why he was there.

“I got her for you,” The photographer replied rather sheepishly, before awkwardly placing the puppy into the model’s arms. She stopped squirming almost immediately.

Baekhyun held the puppy carefully, while petting her head gently; she responded by his face affectionately. And then he looked up at Chanyeol, like he had almost forgotten that the other was still there.

“Come in, Chanyeol-ah,” And he moved aside to let him in. “Have a seat.”

The taller male was pleasantly surprised by his change in attitude, but he still felt the need to be cautious. He sat down on the left side of the couch rather gingerly, like he was afraid that putting more weight on it would break it. Baekhyun took a seat on the coffee table next to the couch, still holding the puppy. And for a long while, neither of them spoke and the model just played with the puppy a little.

“Chanyeol-ah…” Baekhyun spoke first, breaking the silence. “I’ve been thinking-”

“Please don’t tell me you want to break up with me!” Chanyeol exclaimed, suddenly freaking out. “I know I screwed up, and that I hurt you… but please I want to make it up to you… Please give me a second chance!”

“Chanyeol-ah, I-”

“No, please let me finish…” He interrupted him again before burying his face into his hands. “You never told me you were leaving, and I didn’t know where you had gone, so I went to the airport every day in hopes of catching you… and when I finally did, you pushed me away… I know that there’s no way that I’m hurting as much as you are, and I definitely deserved the way that you had treated me, but ple-”

It was Baekhyun’s turn to cut him off now, and he did it without words. The shorter male’s beautiful hands were cupping Chanyeol’s face, his legs were on Chanyeol’s lap, and his lips were on his. The photographer was shocked, to say the least, but he reacted eventually. Their kiss was soft but heated, and quite brief, but by the time they broke apart, it was more than clear what the other was feeling.

“I forgive you, Chanyeol-ah,” Baekhyun whispered, placing his forehead against his. “And thank you for the puppy.”

The taller male placed his arms around the other’s smaller frame and pulled him completely onto his lap before kissing him once again. This one was longer, and more passionate, their movements completely mirroring each other, fitting perfectly against the other. Baekhyun had his arms around the photographer’s neck, pulling the other closer as he deepened the kiss.

When they finally pulled away from each other, they were both panting, but a wide smile was on both of their faces. And for the next while, they just stared into each other’s eyes, enjoying the moment, and enjoying the feeling of being together again.

What eventually broke them apart from each other was the sound of the puppy whining; Chanyeol had been so into it that he had actually completely forgotten about her. Baekhyun twisted his neck around to look at her, and then burst out laughing.

“Aww, she made a mess,” He cooed, apparently not upset at all that she had just peed on his living room floor. “I think I should get that cleaned up.”

He tried to shift himself off Chanyeol’s lap, but the other stopped him.

“Please, allow me,” The photographer said with a sigh as he lifted Baekhyun off his lap and got up. “Now, where’s the mop?”

The model pointed to the kitchen.

“What should we name her, Chanyeol-ah?” Baekhyun asked.

“Whatever you like,” He replied with a shrug, not enjoying the cleaning at all. “To be honest, I got her because she reminds me of you.”

“Does she?” The puppy bounded over to him and away from Chanyeol, he picked her up lovingly, and held her close. “In what way?”

“I’m really not sure,” The photographer said with a slight frown.

“Hmm…” Baekhyun looked thoughtful as he absentmindedly petted the puppy. “I think I’ll name her Channie.”

The taller male winced at the name.

“…Are you making fun of me?” Chanyeol stopped cleaning and just looked at Baekhyun.

“Of course not,” The shorter male replied with his famous eye smile. “You said she reminds you of me, and I named her after you, so that makes her a little bit of both of us.”

Chanyeol finished cleaning and sat down next to Baekhyun, pulling the other into his arms.

“Hmm, Channie,” He mused, looking at the dog in his lover’s arms. “I like it.”

“I’m glad you do.”

“So, I guess that makes her our ‘child?’” The photographer was now more than glad that he had made that impulse buy.

The model placed his head upon Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Yeah, I guess it does.”

 

Sehun was so sick of staying his apartment that he would have literally accepted any excuse at all to leave. He had been stuck in the hospital for two weeks before the doctors had finally allowed him to leave, but still said it would be better for him not to go outside unless absolutely necessary, and to have someone take care of him.

So that was how Lu Han ended up coming over every day. Well, whenever he could. There were two days where he had been busy, so Chanyeol had come over. In his distracted state, though, the photographer had only managed to make things worse for Sehun. He eventually convinced Chanyeol to go home, and was glad to finally be alone again.

Since the injury, Lu Han had begun treating him better, but excessively careful, like he was made of glass. What surprised him was how much he had been taking care of him though; Lu Han was literally doing everything. Sehun eventually realized that it was most likely due more to guilt than love but he was grateful nonetheless.

The younger male decided that it was time to really give the other another chance. Sure, they had been together, and Lu Han seemed to really be serious, but Sehun hadn’t been due to his own paranoia that the other would cheat on him. Every chance that he had gotten, the younger male had tried to push Lu Han’s buttons, to make him feel the same way that he had felt. Perhaps Lu Han really had changed for the better, and perhaps he really was ready to just be with Sehun again, the younger male wanted to know for sure though.

He decided to put Lu Han’s loyalty to the test, and was going to put that plan into action that day when the other arrived. When the model got there, however, things changed.

“Sehunnie,” Lu Han exclaimed happily. “Let’s go outside today!”

Sehun was extremely surprised by his attitude. He didn’t remember the last time he had seen the other so happy.

“Uh, sure,” He stared at the other, confused. “Where?”

“Wherever you want, Sehunnie,” Lu Han responded. “I know that you’ve been wanting to go out.”

The younger male numbly nodded at his suggestion, stunned but happy that he was finally going to get to go out. The model smiled widely and grabbed his hand.

“Let’s get going then,” He pulled him out the door, and didn’t stop until they were at his car. “So where to first?”

“How about the park?” Sehun replied.

He hadn’t been outside in so long, so he wanted to go everywhere.

“Great!” The older male started the car, and backed out of his parking space. “That’s what I was thinking as well.”

At the park, the two of them walked hand in hand along the paths, and Sehun couldn’t help but feel like the two of them were back in university. He thought about that times that the two of them had walked together, just like this, and he realized how much he had missed it. He was glad that Lu Han had suggested this; he didn’t remember the last time the two of them had just spent time just doing something simple.

After a while, they sat down on a bench, but still kept their hands locked together. Lu Han laid his head upon Sehun’s shoulder, and Sehun laid his head upon Lu Han’s and they just stay like that until the younger male started feeling sleepy. Sehun jumped to his feet rather suddenly, managing to startle the model.

“How do you feel, Sehunnie?” Lu Han asked, worried. “Is everything all right?”

“I’m fine,” He replied while swinging his arms back and forth. “I just didn’t want to fall asleep. Could we go somewhere else now?”

The model stood up and smiled at him.

“Of course, wherever you want.”

 

That plan sounded all well and good, except on their way to the next location, which Sehun had decided would be the mall, it started raining and quite heavily. They arrived at their destination fine, but the rain made it so that they couldn’t get out of the car without getting thoroughly soaked. The two of them made the best of it though, sitting in the car, and just talking, talking like they hadn’t in a long time. They talked about anything and everything, and Sehun felt like he was falling in love all over again; maybe his Lu Han was finally coming back to him. He had also laughed a lot more than he could ever remember doing, as did the other.

“I really missed this, Lulu,” Sehun whispered after he had calmed down from another laughing fit. “Just sitting and talking like this.”

Lu Han nodded in agreement.

“I know…” He smiled at the younger male. “I don’t want this to end.”

“Why don’t we continue this then?” Sehun suggested. “Let’s just go back to my apartment.”

“I’d like that,” The model replied as he shifted his car back into drive. “We can go all night.”

“Yes, just like old times…”

And that night, they cuddled on Sehun’s bed just chatting away. Soon enough, the younger male started feeling sleepy.

“Can you promise me something, Lulu?” Sehun mumbled, already half asleep.

“Anything.”

“Promise me that we’ll work to make this last this time…” His eyes drifted shut. “Promise me that this time… this time will be different…”

“I promise you, Sehunnie…” Lu Han whispered as he placed a kiss upon the other’s forehead. “I don’t want to lose you again…”

 

End of chapter 15

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So um... BaekYeol and HunHan all in one chapter =D does this make up for the last depressing chapter? OTL please say yes... just a headsup. this story is going to end soon.

Thank you so much to all my subscribers! ; A ; I don't know why you even like my story, but I seriously feel like it doesn't deserve over 200 subscribers... but I love you all ; A ; so much! you make writing worth it =3

I wanted to post a new story soon... but i don't know which one... so um... please look forward to that? ^_^; 

Until next time! Which will probably be some time next week or perhaps some time before the end of this week. ^_^

My vacation officially ends on Wednesday, so I'll be back uh... full time? lol although i wasn't really uh... gone lol.