Was I wrong this whole time?

Model for Me

 

"Lu Han…" Baekhyun began reluctantly.

He didn't want to burden Chanyeol with things that didn't really concern him, but the other looked quite eager to know so he decided to just tell him.

 

Flashback

 

"I want to help you," Lu Han stated simply.

Baekhyun was sitting completely still; he was in shock that he was actually sitting with and speaking to Lu Han, and that he wanted to help him. He felt like he had just died and gone to heaven.

"…Why?" He managed to ask after a long moment of awkward silence. "I'm not saying that I don't need your help, because I definitely do… but why me?"

"I think you have potential," The more experienced model replied, while looking at his nails. "I feel like you could even be as big as me."

Baekhyun was shaking a little in his seat; to have someone that you looked up to tell you something like that was rather overwhelming.

"Th-thank you," He stuttered.

"Hey, don't thank me yet," Lu Han dismissed his words with a wave of his hand before getting up. "Meet me at the studio tomorrow, okay?"

And then he gave him a cute wave before exiting the shop.

 

Baekhyun had a little fanboy crush on Lu Han, he looked up to him, he admired him and he wanted to be him. He hadn't been a model for long at this point (only about a year) and Lu Han was his superior in every way. To say the least, if he didn't accept Lu Han's help, he'd be stupid.

So, he did and met Lu Han at the studio the following day.

The older model had pushed him forward, telling him to try, and he had been nervous, just because he was in front of Lu Han. Soon enough, though, his poses because more natural, mostly due to Lu Han’s advice, and he managed to capture the attention of almost every person that had been there.

Baekhyun started following Lu Han around all the time; he was like an assistant or intern, and he had been more than happy. People began recognizing his talent because of this and he was getting calls from places trying to book him for something or other quite often.

 

"They want you to star in a commercial?" Lu Han looked at him with a tiny smile. "Why, that's wonderful, Baekkie."

There was a lack of emotion in his voice so Baekhyun couldn't tell if he really meant it or not.

"Really?" He asked, unsure, after all he had technically only been under the other's wing for not even half a year.

"Of course it is," The older model told him as he stood up and reached out to pinch his cheek. "I'm proud of you, but just one thing… Don't forget to wear makeup, or eyeliner at least. You look a little ugly, without it."

And then he was walking away, leaving Baekhyun to contemplate his advice. He always took everything that Lu Han said to heart and this time was going to be no different.

 

"So, we want you to walk into the scene," The director told him while pointing at the set. "Pick up one of the towels and wipe your hair with it while saying your lines. Can you do that?"

Baekhyun nodded eagerly, nervous but excited to be in his first commercial.

"Great, let's give it a try then," The director gave him an encouraging smile and pat on his back before walking away and Baekhyun could hear him telling everyone else to get into place.

Baekhyun took a deep breath and walked over to the set, waiting for the signal. For this commercial, he was supposed to look like he had just gotten out of the shower so his hair was wet, and only some natural-looking makeup on his face.

"And action!" He took another deep breath to calm himself before walking onto the bathroom set, as confident as he was nervous.

"Today, should I use the yellow towel?" Baekhyun recited, as naturally as possible.

He picked up the yellow towel and, in a model-like fashion, wiped his hair with it while unconsciously sticking his tongue out.

"And cut," The director called. "Hmm, Baekhyun-ssi, that was good, but let's try to be a little more natural, alright?"

The model nodded before making his way off the set, ready to start again.

The commercial shooting took a lot longer than Baekhyun had anticipated.

During the course of the shoot, they had to make his hair wet again several times. By the end he was sure of two things: one that he was probably going to catch a cold and two, that he was probably not cut out for commercials.

"Nonsense, Baekkie," Lu Han was telling him after Baekhyun told him his conclusions. "You were nervous and it was your first commercial ever, it'll go smoother. It was good for your first time, but I was serious about the eyeliner."

 

Lu Han was right; he knew what he was talking about after all. Baekhyun picked up another commercial pretty soon afterwards and it definitely went better than the first one. And he had Lu Han to thank for everything; there was no question.

 

Pretty soon after that, Lu Han started having mood swings. One minute he was happy, the next he was angry, and then he would start crying. The younger model didn't dare ask though; he felt it wasn't really his business. When he was happy, Baekhyun laughed with him. When he was angry, he took it out on Baekhyun. And when he cried, Baekhyun tried to comfort him.

That was when it was revealed that Lu Han had just broken up with his boyfriend, and that explained everything.

 

"I just loved him so much, Baekkie," Lu Han sobbed into Baekhyun’s shirt. "I can't believe that he would just break it off with me…"

He failed to mention the part about him cheating, which Baekhyun would discover later on, so the younger model felt a lot of sympathy for the other.

"I'm so sorry, Lu Han hyung," He whispered, while patting the older model's back. "You deserve better."

"No, you don't understand!" He yelled out, quite suddenly, and pushed Baekhyun away from him. "There's no one better than Sehunnie…"

There was silence for a while during which Lu Han was still sniffling quietly, looking rather pathetic, and Baekhyun just didn't know what to do.

"Hey, Baekkie…" Lu Han saying his name, quite suddenly, managed to startle him out of his frozen state. "You love me, right?"

Surprised, Baekhyun could only nod rather numbly.

"Will you help me then?" He was now staring intently at him, his eyes wide with innocence.

"…With what?" He asked, afraid of the reply.

"Help me win back my Sehunnie, of course," He replied like it had been obvious.

"…And how can I help?"

"Just be in a relationship with me."

Baekhyun hesitated, afraid of where this would lead, afraid that he would regret it.

"Come on, Baaeekkkie…" Lu Han pouted. "I love you…"

"O-okay…" He replied, finding that he really couldn't say no to the other.

"Yay! Thank you!”

Baekhyun gave him a small and forced smile, wondering just what he had gotten himself into.

 

At first it was good and they actually had fun. Lu Han treated him well and returned his affection. The longer this went on for, though, the less affectionate and the more cold Lu Han became. Baekhyun still felt like this was a real relationship even though he knew it wasn’t.

 

"Lulu!" Baekhyun called happily, while knocking on the other's apartment door. Their ‘relationship’ had been going on for about four months at this point.

"Go away!" He shrank away from the door a little at the cold tone of the other.

"Lulu?" He asked again, quietly.

Suddenly the door was yanked open, and Baekhyun found himself face-to-face with a very angry looking Lu Han.

"Stop calling me that," He growled.

"L-Lu Han," He stuttered, afraid. "Is everything okay?"

The older model pulled him in, slammed the door behind him, and pushed Baekhyun up against the door.

"Is everything okay?" He spat into Baekhyun's face. "Nothing is okay, and you know why? It’s all because of you."

The younger male winced at the other's tone of voice and word choice.

"You were supposed to help me get Sehun back, and you can't even manage something like that!" Lu Han fumed. "You're utterly useless! I hate you!"

Baekhyun felt extremely confused about why Lu Han was acting this way, but at the same time he felt like crying for the same reason.

"Just get out of my sight!" Lu Han shouted before turning away from the other and walking away.

Baekhyun stayed, frozen, against the door, panting, and unable to comprehend what had just happened. Deciding that it would be best to leave, for the time being, he opened the door and left Lu Han's apartment, trying to convince himself that this was just a one time thing, that things would go back to being normal by tomorrow.

Of course he was wrong; things only got worse from there. As the days went by the things that Lu Han said became more and more psychologically damaging and painful.

Baekhyun was still clinging to that little bit of hope that everything would go back to normal soon enough, but that hope was dwindling as the days passed.

And then several more months went by where Baekhyun asked himself daily why he was still in this relationship; there was never an answer but he could never convince himself to leave.

Lu Han had been his angel, and he knew he would be nowhere without the other so he wanted to repay him… but there was only so much that he could take…

 

End flashback

 

"And then he broke it off with me when Sehun agreed to get back together with him…" Baekhyun concluded, his heart pounding, since Chanyeol had not said a word, and he was paranoid about whether or not it had been right to tell him all that. "I'm sorry, Chanyeol-ah…"

"The car accident happened after that, right?" Chanyeol asked seriously, like he hadn't heard his apology.

Baekhyun just nodded in response, and then a heavy silence fell over them. Chanyeol's face was scrunched up and he looked like was deep in thought.

As Baekhyun went over everything that he had just told Chanyeol, something dawned on him: he had never truly loved Lu Han, at least not in that way. All this time, it had still been that same little fanboy crush, and admiration that had been there at the beginning. His eyes widened as he realized this and knew that he had Chanyeol to thank, knowing this, he could now truly let go.

"Chanyeol-ah," He whispered just as the other opened his mouth to say something as well. "Thank you."

The photographer's face became one of confusion.

"Why? I didn't do anything…" He titled his head and Baekhyun found that one little motion adorable.

"No, you helped me a great deal," He smiled while reaching out and covering the photographer’s hands with his. "By listening to me you helped me realize that I don't actually love him, at least not in a romantic sense." Saying it out loud made it that much more definite and Baekhyun felt this confidence, that he couldn't even remember, resurfacing. "And now I can move on."

Chanyeol just stared at him for a moment, like he was digesting this information before a smile spread widely across his lips; a face-splitting, eye-twitching smile.

"That's great. So does that mean that," He paused and then pointed between the two of them. "You could give us a chance?"

"N-not so fast, Chanyeol-ah!" Baekhyun blushed, looking away. "I… still need to think about that…"

Chanyeol laughed before suddenly pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Of course, now why don't you stay the night?" He asked. "It's already pretty late and we both have work tomorrow, together, I believe."

Chanyeol moved himself away from Baekhyun and gave him an encouraging smile.

"Alright, thank you, Chanyeol-ah."

"Hey, stop thanking me, I’m just doing what I should, as a friend," The photographer got up and stretched. "Good night, Baekhyun-ah, and sweet dreams."

"Good night, Chanyeol-ah."

 

End of chapter 10

--------------------------------------------------------

The, basically, complete history of Baekhyun and Lu Han, featuring a revelation =D lol

I hope you liked the chapter ^_^

Thank you to all my subscribers and commenters <3 also I'm really glad you don't think I'm dragging it on, I was really afraid I was...

So, until next time ^_^ which will be before the end of this weekend... so Saturday or Sunday, hopefully.