Are you sure this is going to work?

Model for Me

 

The last month had passed painfully slowly for Sehun. He couldn’t work because of Chanyeol’s instincts, and love for Baekhyun. Now, the two of them were happy together, and Sehun? Sehun was still suffering.

Lu Han was loving towards him, and towards him only. Sehun had learned the first day they were back together that Lu Han loved him and hated everyone else with somewhat of a burning passion. Lu Han’s love for Sehun was beyond love. The model treated him like a possession, a very beloved and treasured possession, but a possession nonetheless.

Sehun missed the person that Lu Han used to be.

The Lu Han that was kind to everyone, the Lu Han that never spoke badly of others, the Lu Han that loved him completely and thoroughly, and the Lu Han that treated him like an actual human being. That was who Sehun was in love with.

It was scary what fame and money did to people.

He stood off to a corner waiting for Chanyeol to finish for the day, and silently wished for it to come faster.

Looking around, he caught the eye of a model that had just walked into the room, and he felt his breath catch. The other male was handsome, but pretty, his skin was of a slightly darker tone, and he was just so very y. This was the first time he’d felt so attracted to another since Lu Han.

The other male smiled at him, and Sehun felt his heart skip a beat. Realizing that he was staring, he looked away quickly.

“Hi,” Sehun jumped at the sudden voice next to him and looked up to see the model that he had just been staring at.

“H-hey…” He replied weakly. Even the other’s voice was very attractive. “Um…”

“My name is Kim Jongin,” He held out a hand to Sehun. “But you can call me Kai.”

“O-Oh Sehun,” He stuttered as he accepted the other’s hand. “It’s very nice to meet you…”

“It’s nice to meet you as well, Sehun-ssi,” Kai gave his hand a good strong shake but didn’t let go. “I would like for us to become friends, if that’s okay with you.”

Sehun could only nod numbly, surprised by the other’s words.

“Great,” Kai released his hand and then tugged the same hand back towards him, pulled a pen out of nowhere, and wrote his number on to the other’s hand. “Call me.”

And with a wink the model started walking away, leaving Sehun feeling rather stunned.

 

Sehun felt like a third wheel.

He still wasn't sure why he had agreed to this, having lunch with the happy couple, that is. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had only been together for about a month, but the model already seemed like a completely different person; Chanyeol just had that effect on people. He watched the two of them giggling together, feeding each other and it was quite disgusting in a sweet sort of way.

"Sehun-ssi, are you alright?" He started at Kai's voice, having forgotten that the other was there as well.

"Oh, I'm fine," Sehun replied, but his eyes were still on the couple. "Those two are just making me feel sick."

Truth was he was jealous and a little bitter; he was glad it had worked out for the two of them, but he wanted to be happy too.

Chanyeol laughed at Sehun's words.

"Just ignore us, Sehun-ah," The photographer replied as Baekhyun fed him some more ice cream. Chanyeol the spoon clean with a completely love struck expression on his face.

"Oh, Chanyeol-ah," Baekhyun’s voice was soft and loving. And with a small smile, he reached out and wiped some ice cream off the corner of Chanyeol's lips before it off his own finger. “You had some ice cream on your face.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and turned back to Kai, who was technically his companion.

"So, Kai-ssi," He said, a little louder than necessary. "How are you?"

"You've asked me that already," Kai responded, making Sehun aware of how distracted he had been.

"I'm sorry…" He mumbled as he took a bite of his own food. "So uh, tell me more about yourself…"

Sehun knew the he was supposed to be having fun. He was fairly certain, though, that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were trying to set him and Kai up and he found that he really didn't have a problem with that. Part of him still felt guilty, however, like he was cheating on Lu Han.

"I've only been a model for about a year," Kai was saying now as he tapped his chin with long fingers. "Baekhyun hyung has helped me a lot, and I think I really like you."

Sehun’s attention was immediately directed back to Kai by his rather sudden and bold statement. He hadn’t even realized that he had been staring at the couple again.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" He stuttered.

"I said I like you, Sehun-ah," The model placed emphasis on the ah, and he smirked a little; Sehun was starting to feel a little uncomfortable.

"Oh… but we just met…" Sehun replied.

"Jongin-ah, stop scaring him," Baekhyun chided softly. "Sehun-ssi is a sensitive person."

Sehun didn't reply, deciding to just sip his drink. He heard the door chime, meaning some one had just entered and Sehun ignored it, thinking that it had nothing to do with him. It wasn't until a shadow appeared over his table did he realize he had been wrong.

"Sehunnie," Sehun winced at Lu Han's voice. "What's going on here?"

"Lulu…" Sehun whispered. "Noth-"

"Lu Han-ah," Sehun was surprised to hear Kai speak up. "We're just having lunch, as friends, is that not allowed?"

"Friends?" Lu Han was now looking at Kai with narrowed eyes Kai. "When did you two become friends?"

"Only a couple of days ago," The younger model shrugged like it was no big deal. "I just wanted to get to know him better."

"Byun Baekhyun," Lu Han rather suddenly directed his attention to the other, and pointed at him angrily. "You had something to do with this, didn't you?"

"I…" Baekhyun’s reluctance and stuttering told Sehun that he still seemed a little afraid of Lu Han. He was actually shaking until Chanyeol placed a hand over his.

Sehun sighed and stood up.

"Lu Han," He kept his voice even as he grabbed Lu Han's wrist. "Let's just go, okay?"

Sehun dragged him out of the restaurant and only managed to take a few steps away from the door when Lu Han stopped him. The model folded his arms and faced him, obviously waiting for him to explain himself.

"It was nothing," Sehun sighed, exasperated by Lu Han's paranoia and jealousy. "I wasn't cheating on you, okay? Just because you do it to me, doesn't mean I'll do it back to you."

The model visibly winced at Sehun's answer, and unfolded his arms before moving forward and tightly hugging the younger male.

"I'm sorry, Sehun-ah…" He whispered. "But I promise I won't do it again, alright?"

He sighed and patted Lu Han's back.

"Okay, Lulu…"

As they were walking away, Sehun noticed Kai looking at them and the look on his face said that he had seen everything.

 

Kim Jongin had indeed seen the whole thing, and that one little scene told him that things were just as bad as Baekhyun had described them, if not worse.

He turned back to Chanyeol and Baekhyun to see the photographer still trying to calm his clearly shaken boyfriend. He also knew, vaguely, of the history between Baekhyun and Lu Han, and was sympathetic towards him. Kai knew that he would have never let that kind of thing happen to himself, though.

"I'm sorry, Jongin-ssi," He heard Chanyeol say. "I never expected that to happen…"

"Don't worry about it," Kai just shrugged. "At least now I know what I'm up against, so I promise I'll help him in one way or another."

"Thank you, Jongin-ah…" Baekhyun whispered, still clinging to his boyfriend. At some point he had moved and was now actually sitting on Chanyeol's lap.

"Hey, what are friends for?" He shrugged and got up. "Thanks for lunch guys."

With a wave, Kai left the restaurant; he still had work that day.

 

Returning to his apartment after another long day, Kai collapsed on to his bed and closed his eyes, more than glad the day was finally over.

Before drifting off to sleep, he replayed the conversation with Baekhyun in his head. The older model had told him the basic gist of everything: Sehun and Lu Han were a couple, Sehun had gotten back together with him for Baekhyun and Chanyeol's sake, he was unhappy, Lu Han was mistreating him, and that Lu Han was a possessive person and easily jealous. Kai had taken in all of it without a word.

He wasn't really given an incentive, he just thought that this sounded like a challenge, and after meeting Sehun, he decided it would be fun as well. So he promised he would help, just in his own way and by his own terms.

 

End of chapter 12

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So uh... I really don't like this chapter, I'm not even sure why... but this chapter is kind of like the calm before the storm...

Warning! Lots of drama ahead, probably lol as if there hasn't been enough drama... OTL

Thank you so much to all my subscribers! ; A ; I love you all <3

I will be going to vacation for five weeks, so I most likely will be unable to update. I'm so sorry ; A ; please don't unsubscribe >.< I promise I will update as frequently as possible when I return so please look forward to that? ^_^; I'm so sorry!

So until next time, which won't be until the end of August... most likely... ; A ;