Chapter 29

My Bodyguard is..... My Fiancee??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOONA'S POV:

 

 

 

"I am........Jessica's fiancee."

 

......1

 

......2

 

......3

 

I just watched how her face contorted after hearing my unexpected revelation.

 

Well, I honestly don't know what comes into my mind that I've suddenly decided to spill that.

 

I just feel so....comfortable around her.

 

Maybe because we shared the same story.

 

Jessica and I hated each other at first and then unexpectedly, we started to get used with each other's presence, become friends and had eventually developed feelings.

 

Eventhough, the last is most probably in my part only.

 

"WHAT?!!" we both exclaimed in unison. She weirdly looked at me and I just laughed before saying,"I kind of expected that reaction from you."

 

"So....You really are....Jessica's fiancee?"

 

I slowly nodded.

 

She frowned."How did that happen? I mean... Does Jessica even know that she's already engaged to someone?"

 

"Uhmm.. Of course!" I answered."You don't know?"

 

She sighed."Yeah. Tiffany didn't tell me." she pouted."I thought we're not going to keep secrets from each other."

 

I chuckled and lightly hit her shoulder."Hey, Relax! I bet Tiffany doesn't know as well. Jessica hates me.... I mean, her fiancee so much to even tell others about it."

 

"Is it fixed marriage?" she calmly asked but then her face suddenly contorted."Wait! If it's fixed marriage then...you might be someone--..." she turned to look at me with those curious eyes."Who really are you, Yoona?"

 

I smiled."I'm Im Yoona."

 

"Eish! Im Yoona! I'm serious! You might be really someone. What is your real name? I don't want to hear an 'Im Yoo--... Wait! Im.... Im?!" with her widely opened eyes, she pointed a finger at me."You're an Im?!"

 

"I told you I'm Im Yoona." I chuckled."I didn't even change my whole name."

 

"That rich Im?"

 

I just chuckled.

 

Is it really that unbelievable?

 

Do I really look like a peasant?

 

"I-I don't know..." she mumbled in astonishment.

 

"Am I that obscure?" I pouted but then later smiled."Anyway, it's just been a year since I replaced my father so...It's quite understandable."

 

She then suddenly stood up and bowed ninety degrees."I'm sorry, Ms. Im. I didn't really--"

 

"Yah! What are you doing, Kim Taeyeon?" I burst out, pulling her back beside me.

 

"Oh my God! I didn't know I was talking to an Im all this time!" she beamed."I've been really blessed. Imagine, I'm in a relationship with a Hwang, friends with a famous actress, Jung and then now, an Im!"

 

I chuckled."Don't exaggerate. We're all just humans."

 

"But I really don't understand..." she suddenly said, looking at me with a pair of questioning eyes."Why do you still have to disguise as a bodyguard? You know, you can just go on with your business life and marry her without going through all of this work."

 

"Where's the thrill in that?" I laughed."I don't really like Jessica, to be honest. My first impression to her....was not that good."

 

"Why?"

 

I unconsciously clenched my fist as I remembered our first meeting -or more like, my first time meeting her."Well, I just saw her purposely messing their pool after the maid had finished cleaning it. Then, she went around, finding that certain maid and scolded her for not doing her job perfectly. Ridiculous, wasn't it?"

 

"Yeah. Totally." she bitterly chuckled."Poor maid."

 

"I don't know why but that girl is surely fond of firing their maids."

 

"Lucky I'm not working for her."

 

"Yeah." I chuckled."I was really furious at that time that I've decided to teach her a lesson."

 

She looked at me, confused."If you're planning to teach her a lesson, then why are you pretending as her bodyguard? What's the connection? You could have just applied as her teacher."

 

I rolled my eyes."Yeah. That's funny. Really funny."

 

"I'm serious! Why do you still need to be her bodyguard? Didn't you even think that she can just underestimate you because you're probably just one of her servants? Whereas if you introduce yourself as her fiancee, then there....you can be a little bit cocky and teach her a lesson."

 

"Then she would hate me." I continued her sentence."You just don't know how 'straight' she is. After knowing that she will be marrying a girl, she went all crazy like an angry granny. In order for me to teach her a lesson, I should catch her sympathy first. And I could just do that by pretending as.....someone." I paused, directly looking at the girl beside me."But unfortunately, I failed. I failed because...... I fall in love with her."

 

She just casually stared at me as if my sudden confession didn't surprise her at all.

 

Am I that obvious?

 

"Silly." she chuckled after a while."Falling in love with her is completely fine. She's your fiancee, remember?"

 

"But I don't want. I...don't think I can still marry her." I sadly stated, looking down on the sand.

 

"Why?" she asked, surprised.

 

"I'll just be hurt. And I don't want to get too emotional just because my wife doesn't love me."

 

"Yoona....."

 

I forced a smile."After this vacation, I think I'll just bid a proper goodbye to Jessica as her bodyguard before going back to my original life. Then I'll tell Dad to just cancel our marriage. I bet he'll understand." I looked up and realized that the sky is slowly getting dark."Let's get inside now, Taeyeon." I said as I stood up and dusted my clothes.

 

I was about to walk when I noticed she's still not moving in her spot."Taeyeon...?"

 

She then looked up at me and smiled."Let's do a double wedding, Yoona."

 

Tch! This girl!

 

Wasn't she listening?

 

I just smilingly shook my head before deciding to walk first.

 

With that, she hastily stood on her feet and clumsily chase after me.

 

"Then let's just marry each other."

 

I laughed."Crazy."

 

She shrugged."That's the least thing I can do to save you from being emo."

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

JESSICA'S POV:

 

 

 

"Jessi!" came a loud squeal as the door of my room shot open.

 

I just watched how Tiffany excitedly jumped on my bed and engulfed me into a tight hug.

 

"Jessi!!"

 

I frowned."What the hell is wrong with you, Hwang?!" I asked as I removed this freaking sticky girl on me.

 

She looked at me with her sparkling eyes."I'll tell you later. For now, let me know first what you need to me."

 

"Aahh!" I exclaimed, clasping both of my hands.

 

I then quickly reached for my phone on the bedside table and smilingly handed it to her.

 

"What is this?" she cluelessly asked while staring down at my phone.

 

"Are you dumb? Of course, that's a phone! A mobile phone, to be specific." I sarcastically answered in which she quickly responded with a strong whack on my head."Aww...! I'm just kidding. But next time, don't ask such stupid questions, okay? It's embarrassing."

 

She rolled her eyes."Whatever. What do you want me to do with this, anyway?"

 

"Take me a picture!" I quickly answered, smiling widely at her.

 

She looked at me in disbelief."Take you a picture??! That was just the reason why you called me?! Really? Really Jessi? You've interrupted my precious moment with my girlfriend just to take you a picture?!"

 

"No! Of course not! Stop overreacting!" I answered, making her sigh in relief.

 

"Ooohh... I'm sorry." she mumbled as she tried to calm herself."So what is it?"

 

"Well..... Ahmmm...." I started, intently looking at her."I also want to take a picture with you. I'm planning to update my instagram later."

 

"And then?" she patiently asked.

 

I frowned.

 

And then???

 

It's already finished.

 

I only need her for a selca.

 

What in the world is she expecting me to say?

 

"That's all..." I carefully said, waiting for her outburst.

 

"That's all??!!" she yelled and I was just too lucky that I've managed to cover my ear a few seconds before she showed me her uvula."Take you a freaking picture and take a freaking picture with me??!! Jessica Jung, please tell me you're just ing kidding!"

 

I scrunched my eyebrows."But I'm not."

 

She clenched her fist. Her chest continuously moving up and down due to her suppressed anger.

 

"Tiff...Why?" I anxiously asked, already intimidated at the soon-to-be transformation of my pretty bestfriend to a really terrifying monster.

 

I swear, HellFany is an upgraded version of HellSica.

 

If I can just throw some random things inside the house, she, on the other hand, can surely throw a whole house.

 

Okay! I was just exaggerating.

 

But really...

 

"Tiff....." I softly called when I didn't receive any response."What do you really expect me to say?" I carefully asked.

 

She glared at me for a complete minute before finally trying to calm herself by exhaling a huge amount of air.

 

I sighed in relief.

 

Woohh! I thought she's going to eat me alive.

 

"Well....I was just expecting that maybe....just maybe you wanted to have a little chit-chat with me. You know, it's been ages since we've shared news about each other."

 

I frowned.

 

She's weird.

 

What does she even want me to share?

 

Hmmm... Maybe she just wants to hang-out with me.

 

Okay then.

 

"You know that's weird but...fine." I nodded."My favorite color is still pink. Favorite number is still 9. My favorite actress isn't Yuri anymore but the rookie yet pretty, even prettier than Yuri, actress from Passionate Love, Seohyun. Favorite place is my bedroom and my favorite thing from my favorite place is obviously--"

 

"Your bed." she continued, looking all worked-up again."Stop it, Jessica. Just... stop it. And how did that Seohyun become your favorite actress? The drama isn't even airing yet. Plus, the girl isn't the female lead role."

 

I pouted."And so what? I've read so many good tweets about that Seohyun. And.....the girl looks innocent. Way far from that Yuri."

 

"Yah!" she hastily snapped."Watch your words. Yuri's not like that. Stop saying bad words about Yuri just because you're jealous!"

 

I looked at her incredulously."Jealous?! Why would I be jealous? And wait! Are you siding with that actress as well?!" I snorted."Tch! I knew it! You're all useless! I don't need all of you! Just stay the hell away from me! 'Yuri's not like that', 'Yuri can't do that', 'Yuri's good', Yuri that, Yuri there.... STOP IT!" I furiously yelled as I got off from my bed and was about to stomp towards the door when a pillow suddenly hit my head. I quickly looked back and glared at the culprit."Yah!"

 

"Stop being childish, Jessica!"

 

"Childish? Me?" I scoffed."Isn't it you? I remember your father telling me you ate your poop when you were three!"

 

Then an extremely flustered Tiffany turned to reach for another pillow."You! How dare you bring that up?" she exclaimed, hurling the soft thing towards me."That's not even connected with the word 'childish', you idiot! I was still a baby that time!"

 

"Baby is one and below!" I quickly retorted."Childish!" I continuously teased which just made her even more stressed out.

 

"I said that's not being childish! Acting like you is the real meaning of the word 'childish'!"

 

"How dare you!"

 

And with that, we had successfully engaged into a bloody pillow battle and we only stopped when all of the pillows were already messed up on the floor.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter