Chapter 37

My Bodyguard is..... My Fiancee??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOONA'S POV:

 

 

 

 

 

"Yoona."

 

I slowly looked up, still hesitant to meet her piercing gaze."Jessica, I'm so--"

 

"I hate you." she started, distastefully looking at me.

 

I bit my lip and slightly looked up, preventing my tears from falling down.

 

Those words again.

 

I wonder why it still crushes my heart when she had already told me that a couple of times.

 

"I really hate you. Even if my father kicks me out of this house, even if he freezes all of my credit cards and even if I live on the streets, I....." she paused. And God knows how much I wanted her not to continue.

 

"....will never marry you. I'll never marry a person like you."

 

But she did.

 

And the worst part is, after saying all of those words, she just ran all the way to her room, leaving me broken.

 

Tears started rushing through my cheeks and I wouldn't have bothered wiping it if only Mr. Jung isn't looking.

 

"I'm sorry, Yoona. I'll just talk to--"

 

I gently wiped my cheeks and forced a smile."No, you don't have to, Mr. Jung. It's alright. I have to go now. Thank you." I bowed and was about to leave when he once again called for me.

 

"Yoona..."

 

"Yes, Mr. Jung?"

 

"I'm really sorry."

 

I smiled."You don't have to apologize, Sir. It's my fault, anyway. I was careless. I didn't think this will happen when I've suggested this stupid play. I'm really sorry for hurting your daughter, Mr. Jung. I promise this will never happen again." I assured him before walking back towards my car.

 

Yes, I'll never bother her again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I hate you.'

 

'I'll never marry you.'

 

I quickly pulled over the car as my tears began shading my eyesight.

 

If I continue driving like this with Jessica's words continuously ringing inside my head, I'll surely end up in a hospital bed.

 

I'm not planning to die yet.

 

Although being involved in an accident can make Jessica regret her words and forgive me, I still don't want to resort to that kind of strategy.

 

That would make me look pitiful.

 

Super mega pitiful that is.

 

Since I already look pitiful now.

 

I then fished my phone out from my pocket and sighed before answering Taeyeon's call.

 

"Hello."

 

"Hello, Yoo-- Tae-Tae, give me the phone. Let me-- No, Fany-ah. I'll talk to her-- Come on! Let me talk to her first."

 

I just bitterly smiled as I listened to their adorable bickering.

 

They seem to be so excited to hear some good news from me.

 

"Hello, Yoona!"

 

"Oh, Tiffany! You won?"

 

"Yeah. I broke a vase on Taeyeon's head."

 

My eyes widened."Seriously?!"

 

She laughed."Of course, not! She's right here beside me. Eavesdropping." "Eavesdropping on my supposed to be call. MY." "Oh shut up, midget!" "What--"

 

I sighed.

 

They're really close now.

 

"So back to you, Yoona. What happened? Is Jessica with you now? Are you two cuddling on the bed now? Or are you just waiting for her to come out from the shower room? What?"

 

Looking around my surroundings, I sighed.

 

How I wish I could give her a 'Yes' answer. But....

 

"S-She...got mad, Tiffany." I started, voice slightly cracking.

 

"W-What?"

 

"She said she hates me. I....went there, smiling oh-so proudly, thinking that she'll hug me....and say she miss me but instead...." I paused, messily wiping my tears."...she just said she hates me. She really hates me that....even if she lives on the streets.....she'll never marry me. Tiffany....she said she'll never marry a person like me."

 

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany on the other line stayed silent.

 

I guess they were also surprised.

 

We all thought that we could celebrate tonight.

 

We didn't even think about the opposite.

 

That's why....when I saw her fuming in anger, I was speechless. I got afraid. So afraid that I didn't even make an effort of explaining my side.

 

I then buried my face on the steering wheel."She must be in pain now. It’s all my fault. I'm sorry. Tiffany, I'm sorry for hurting your bestfriend. I--"

 

"You're the one who's hurting the most right now, Yoona. Stop adding more pain in your heart by blaming all of this to yourself. I'm sure Jessica was just shocked. Just give her more time. She'll come back to you."

 

"You don't have to say things like that just to comfort me, Tiffany. I'm fine. Jessica....she's the one who needs comfort."

 

"Yeah, I know. I'll visit her now." "Yoona, this is Taeyeon. Where are you now? How about let's drink your stress away?" "Yah! Tae-tae!" "She needs it!" "No! You just want to drink! Alcohol is not the solution to every problem!"

 

"Tiffany..."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I badly needed to drink. Can't you just let her?"

 

Then I heard a loud sigh."Fine! Just... No girls! You're still Jessica's fiancee, remember that."

 

I smiled.

 

I am still Jessica's fiancee?

 

How did that happen?

 

She clearly said 'No. I'll never marry you.'.

 

So how am I still her fiancee?

 

Ah! I forgot! This is a fixed marriage. So whether we like it or not, we're engaged.

 

I bitterly smiled.

 

Can't I just tie you up with me, Jessica?

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

TIFFANY'S POV:

 

 

 

 

Soon as I stepped inside the Jung's residence, I immediately saw Hara who was busy watering the plants.

 

I tilted my head.

 

I wonder why Hara is always the first person I see everytime I come here.

 

Is she my long lost soulmate?

 

I shook my head.

 

No! Taeyeon is my soulmate, first love and everything.

 

"Hi Hara!"

 

She then turned off the water from the hose before looking at me."Ms. Tiffany."

 

"Is Jessi here?"

 

"Yes, Ma'am. She's at her room."

 

"Oh? As expected." I commented, chuckling.

 

I then thanked her before skipping my way inside the house.

 

I was just about to go all the way upstairs when I noticed a man sitting on the living room.

 

My eyes went wide after recognizing who it was."Ahh! Uncle!"

 

He tilted his head towards my direction and after briefly examining my face, he smilingly stood up."Oh, Tiffany!"

 

"I'm sorry for barging in just like that, Uncle. I thought no one's here." I apologized, shyly scratching the back of my neck."Should I go out and just politely went in again?"

 

He laughed."No need to do that. I'm happy you're here. I couldn't talk to Jessica." he sighed, looking really concern."She must be really upset."

 

"Don't worry, Uncle. Tiffany is on the way."

 

He frowned."Don't you think she's mad at you as well? You're involved here."

 

I then confidently waved a hand."I know, Uncle. That's why I've already prepared my speech on the way here."

 

He chuckled."Okay then! I know I can rely on you. Go ahead and please do your best."

 

I just nodded my head before carefully walking upstairs. I stopped my feet infront of her room and let out a deep breath.

 

Yeah. Of course, I'm also afraid.

 

But I have to do this.

 

I must do this.

 

"Jessi!" I called out, not bothering to knock."This is Tiffany. Please open the door."

 

A small smile formed on my lips when I suddenly heard light footsteps making its way on the door.

 

Oh! This is easy.

 

I thought she'll make me wait here for an hour.

 

She can't really bear being mad at me, isn't she?

 

Then the doorknob clicked and the door opens, revealing Jess--

 

Owh?! Who is this girl with bloodshot eyes?

 

I frowned."Who are you?"

 

The girl rolled her red eyes."Tiff, tell me." she seriously said, intently looking at me.

 

What?! This girl is Jessica?

 

Oh my God! What happened to her?

 

"Tell you what? And wait! Are you really Jessica?" I tried to joke to atleast lighten up the mood but when I received nothing but a sharp glare, I nervously cleared my throat."Okay. So what do you want to know?"

 

"The truth." she quickly answered."Do you....also know about this?"

 

I then guiltily bit on my lips and looked down."Well, Uh...." I paused, slightly looking up to see her reaction."....Yeah?"

 

And with just a blink of an eye, the door shut right through my face.

 

I snorted.

 

This brat!

 

"Yah! Jessi! You can't always shut people just like what you did to Yoona! You didn't even let her explain first!"

 

"I did!" she quickly yelled back."And she just only blurted out nonsense things which just make me hate her even more! You don't understand, Tiffany. You won't understand!"

 

"Then atleast let me explain first! Do you think you're always right?"

 

"I'm not thinking I'm right! I'm just thinking that what you guys did was wrong!"

 

I sighed.

 

I can never really win to this hardheaded brat, right?

 

"What should I do?" I just mumbled while blankly staring at the closed door.

 

I can't believe how I am still thinking of being in the same situation as Anna right now.

 

I shook my head.

 

I can be really random some--

 

Ah! Jessica really likes Frozen!

 

My eyes then started sparkling as an idea suddenly popped into my mind.

 

A smirk was written all over my face as I stared at the door. I then slowly leaned on it.

 

"Do you want to build a snowman?" I started singing but momentarily paused and leaned my ears on the door, listening to what will she say.

 

Then I heard a small laugh.

 

Hah! Got you!

 

"Come on lets go and play." I smilingly continued, standing straight on my spot."I never see you anymore. Come out the door. It's like you've gone away~ We used to be best buddies. And now we're not. I wish you would tell me why!~ Do you wanna build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman."

 

"Go away, Tiff."

 

"Okay, bye...." I sadly said and was about to walk away when I realized I got too caught up with the scene on the cartoon and forgot my original purpose on doing this."No way, Jessi! Open this i--" I furiously yelled as I hardly pounced on the door but immediately stopped after remembering that Mr. Jung is just on the living room."Open this beautiful door, Jessi. I want to have a good conversation with you."

 

And as I wish, the door opened once again, revealing the same zombie-like girl awhile ago.

 

"You're crazy, Tiff."

 

"And you're ugly."

 

Her eyes widened in anger."What--"

 

"I'm serious, Jessi! Have you seen yourself already? Gosh! You look awful." I said as I tried to step inside her room only to be alertly blocked.

 

"I'm still mad at you."

 

I raised an eyebrow."And why is that?"

 

"What why? You all lied to me! You know how much I hate liars."

 

I inwardly smirked.

 

Now I can use what I've prepared.

 

"I didn't lie to you. I just kept quiet. You get the difference? If you'd just asked me if I know who your fiancee is, I won't hesitate and tell you the truth. But you didn't, so in short... I didn't lie." I confidently answered which made her frown.

 

But she didn't say anything and just stayed silent.

 

I smiled. It looks like she's considering my side.

 

"Do you understand me now, Jessi? The one who really lied to you is your father and Yoo--"

 

I quickly clasped my hand on my mouth after realizing what I've just said. My eyes were wide open in utmost shock while she just looked at me and faintly smiled.

 

Damn it, Tiffany!

 

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter