Chapter 33

My Bodyguard is..... My Fiancee??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

YOONA'S POV:

 

 

 

Wrinkles appeared on my forehead when I took a quick look at the girl beside me and saw her just quietly staring out of the window.

 

Weird.

 

She hasn't uttered even a single word since we left the resort.

 

Hell! She didn't even say goodbye to Yuri, Taeyeon and even with her very own bestfriend, Tiffany. She just slumped herself on the passenger seat, plugged an earphone and closed her eyes, simply telling everyone that she's not in the mood to talk. So Tiffany just let her.

 

Hmmm...I wonder what's with her now.

 

She's acting like a kid again.

 

She's only like this when she's mad.

 

I frowned.

 

Mad...?

 

Oh no! Don't tell me she's really mad?!

 

Is it because I didn't help her on carrying her things?

 

I sighed.

 

Guess I need to apologize over such simple things again.

 

"Ms. Jung..." I called out but just like what I've expected, I didn't get any response.

 

"Why are you so quiet?" I glanced at her and playfully smiled."Are you mad at me again?"

 

Instead of answering, she just peevishly pulled her IPod out of her bag and again plugged an earphone.

 

I scrunched my eyebrows.

 

I could clearly hear the music blasting from that small device on her ear.

 

Seriously! Does she want to lose her sense of hearing?

 

It's too loud.

 

Fortunately, the car infront of me suddenly stopped. I then took the chance and quickly removed her earphone.

 

"Are you trying to get--" I was about to scold her but just found myself melting in fear when she sharply turned to my direction and glared at me.

 

She had already redirected her gaze on the window but I just kept on dumbly staring at her.

 

I was stunned.

 

I didn't know how to react.

 

Sure, she had sent me a lot of glares before but.... this one is different.

 

Really different!

 

It's scary.

 

She's not just mad. She's furious.

 

And I don't think it's still about the not-carrying-her-luggage thing.

 

It's definitely more than that.

 

"Why are you acting like this?" I calmly inquired but just heaved an annoyed sigh, realizing that she still has that loud device on her ears.

 

I then bravely pulled the wire of her headset which immediately earned a piercing glare from her.

 

But that glare slowly turned into a soft stare, seeing how deeply bothered I was.

 

She closed her eyes and sighed."Why?" she breathed out, frowning."You're so annoying."

 

"Why are you so quiet, Ms. Jung? Do you have a problem? Do we...have a problem?"

 

"Why? Can't I be quiet now?"

 

"Ms. Jung.... Please--" I was about to say but was harshly beaten by the loud horns from the cars behind us.

 

I then quickly sat straight on my seat and again brought the car back to life. I started driving, giving my full attention on the road when my eyes suddenly caught a small convenience store on the other side of the road.

 

I shot a quick glance at the girl beside me before maneuvering the car towards my target place.

 

"Why?" I hear her asked but I just ignored her and carefully parked the car on the small parking space of the convenience store.

 

The car soon died down. I slowly tilted my head to face her.

 

"Ms. Jung, I--"

 

"Are you hungry?" she quickly questioned, cutting my words."Okay. Let's grab something to eat."

 

She was about to open the door when I alertly grip on her wrist. She glanced down at my hand on hers before looking up at me.

 

"Let's just talk." I told her.

 

"What are we going to talk about?"

 

"You know you're acting weird. You have a problem. And I'm not that dense to not know that I AM YOUR PROBLEM." I pointed out, slightly raising my voice at the last four words.

 

I clenched my teeth, feeling all worked out.

 

I'm really irritated right now.

 

She's acting like this but she won't tell me what her problem is.

 

I really don't know what to do now.

 

"Why would you be my problem?" she sarcastically said as she removed my hand on her wrist and tiredly leaned on the chair.

 

"Then what? What's your problem?"

 

She then tilted her head, so that we're now facing each other.

 

"Yoona..."

 

I raised an eyebrow."What?"

 

"Tell me. Do you...." she paused, looking right into my eyes."...have something to confess to me?"

 

I froze on my spot with my eyes resembling into an owl's one.

 

Do I have...

 

...something...

 

...to confess...

 

..to her?

 

"Just so you know, I really don't like liars. So....if you have something to tell me...." she added, narrowing her eyes at me."...then say so."

 

I tugged on my sleeves.

 

Yes, Jessica.

 

I have a bunch.

 

A bunch of confessions.

 

But why is she suddenly asking that question?

 

Does she know the truth now?

 

That I'm not just her bodyguard but her fiancee?

 

But how?

 

Taeyeon? Did that midget tell her?

 

No! Taeyeon won't do that.

 

Atleast not when she had just told me to leave Jessica.

 

I then slowly looked up and nervously meet her eyes.

 

I gulped.

 

The eager look on her eyes is just enough to make my heart throb.

 

What should I answer?

 

I bit my lip.

 

"I-I...." I shakily started."....I...

 

 

 

....don't have."

 

 

 

She stared at me.

 

She just blankly stared at me for a whole complete minute before disappointment finally dawned on her face.

 

She chuckled. A bitter one.

 

"Fine. That's good." she just said before placing her earphone back on her ears again."Let's just go home now. I'm already tired."

 

I looked down.

 

Yeah, I know.

 

I made a wrong choice.

 

I.... shouldn't have lied.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

After an hour of driving our way back home from the convenience store, I finally tilted my head on my side and a faint smile formed on my lips, seeing Jessica frowning on her sleep.

 

I then smilingly lifted my hand and reached out to straighten her creased forehead.

 

She slightly shifted on her seat and mumbled something incoherent which caused her earphones that were stuck on her ears in our whole ride to fell.

 

I looked at her.

 

I didn't know my heart can throb like this by just staring at someone's face.

 

She's just so beautiful.

 

Especially, when sleeping.

 

She might look like an angel now but I know once she wakes up, she'll quickly turn into a devil.

 

That's why I don't feel like waking her up.

 

I sighed.

 

I was just about to divert my gaze from her when her eyes suddenly shot open and it instantly grew wide, seeing that I was staring at her.

 

With her reddened cheeks, she frantically wiped the corners of , thinking that she might have drool in her sleep and quickly looked out on the window.

 

Surprised dawned on her face, realizing that we were already infront of their house. She glanced at me but didn't bother to talk and just opened the door of the car for herself.

 

I then quickly got off from the car as well when I noticed her walking fast to get inside the house.

 

"Jessica!"

 

And with that one call of her name, she abruptly stopped from walking and turned around to face me.

 

"Jessica?" she incredulously repeated."What happened to Ms. Jung?"

 

"Jessica, what is really your problem? Why are you suddenly treating me like this? Atleast tell me what I did wrong and I'll stop bothering you."

 

She slightly shook her head."You didn't do anything wrong. Just stop calling me by name 'cause you're still my bodyguard. I think it will be a little bit unfair to Hara who still keeps on talking to me formally though she has been working for me for almost all of her life."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter