Chapter 20

My Bodyguard is..... My Fiancee??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

JESSICA'S POV:

 

 

'Why is that a meat on a stick is called barbecue when a horse on a stick is called carousel?'

 

'They said practice makes perfect but nobody is perfect, so why practice?'

 

'If a gay had amnesia, is he still a gay?'

 

A frown flashed on my face after reading what she had wrote on the paper.

 

"What the hell is this?!!" I burst out, incredulously looking at her.

 

She shrugged."You told me to ask questions, right? Those are my questions."

 

"Yah! Can't you be more serious?"

 

"But--"

 

"I don't want those! Write another one. Something personal, okay?" I ordered, handing her another paper.

 

"Something personal?"

 

I nodded."Yeah. Like something about me."

 

She smirked."Oh? A question about you? Okay."

 

I just look at her as she starts writing again on the paper.

 

She was closed to dozing off awhile ago when I dragged her out of her room and convinced her to play with me since I don't want this day to be another boring day.

 

Well, we're not really playing. I just told her to ask me anything and that I'll answer it honestly.

 

"Finish!" she beamed, pushing the paper back to me.

 

I then flashed her a smile before reading its content.

 

"How can you face your problem if your problem is your face?"

 

Face flushed from anger, I hurled the paper away and directed a glare at her."Im Yoona!!"

 

She laughed."Why? It's a question about you."

 

I gritted my teeth, trying hard to control myself from beating the hell out of her."I'm being serious in here, Im Yoona."

 

"But that's a serious question." she innocently retort, propping her chin on the back of her hands."Really. How can you face your problem if your problem is your face, Ms. Jung?"

 

And that's it! I just had enough from acting like a saint.

 

This girl!

 

I'll make her regret her own words.

 

"My face is my problem, huh?!" I hissed before continuously smacking every part of her body where my hands chose to land.

 

"Ugh! Ms. Jung! I-I'm just kiddi-- Ow! D-Don't! Yah! My head! Ugh!"

 

My hand stopped midway in the air when she suddenly clutched her head in agony.

 

"Ah! Yoona!" I worriedly exclaimed, removing her arms that were covering her head and gently rubbing it afterwards."I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. You should've used your arms to protect your head. You know that I can't control myself when I'm angry."

 

Argh!

 

Jessica, why do you have to be so sadist? You've hurt her again! What if she really give up on you this time and leave you?

 

"Ugh! I-It hurts." she cried out.

 

"I-I'm sorry. Where does it hu--" my words instantly came into a stop when I suddenly heard someone cleared his throat.

 

I, together with Yoona whom I just realized was faking the pain, looked back to see who it was.

 

My eyes widened."K-Kai?"

 

Kai?

 

What is he doing here?

 

Oh! Don't get me wrong! It's not like I don't want him here, it's just that...why now? I mean...he didn't text me to at least inform me.

 

Is this supposed to be a surprise visit?

 

But.. Argh! I don't like surprises!

 

"Did I...interrupt something?" he asked, suspiciously eyeing us.

 

I then tilted my head at my side only to see Yoona's emotionless face. I slightly pushed her away before standing up to welcome my unexpected visitor.

 

"What are you doing here, Kim Jongin?" I asked, smirking.

 

Aww! He's really handsome!

 

"Why? Am I not welcome?"

 

"Of course not! Come in." I said as I lead him towards the living room.

 

From the corner of my eyes, I can see Yoona's sharp gaze at us but I just ignored her, acting like she's somewhat invisible.

 

Well, I still hate her for trolling me!

 

I can't still accept the fact that I got worried for nothing!

 

"What do you want? Coffee? Juice?" I smilingly asked him.

 

"Water is enough."

 

"Hey, you heard that?" I asked, looking at Yoona.

 

She glared at me."I'm not your maid." she said before heading upstairs.

 

"Yah!" I furiously yelled, following her fading figure with my eyes."Tch! That girl! I should've fired her." I mumbled before walking towards the kitchen to get what my visitor wants.

 

Yes! We still don't have maids. Oh! There is Hara! But the girl is nowhere to be found. Tch!

 

My father didn't bother hiring new maids. I think that was his punishment.

 

Well, I could hire new maids by my own. Just remind me to do that since I'm kinda forgetful.

 

I went back to the living room and handed him the glass of water before sitting in front of him.

 

"You don't have maids?"

 

"Yeah. I'd fired all of them." I coolly answered which made him laugh.

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't like them."

 

"Then you must like Yoona." he seriously stated.

 

My eyes widened."What?!"

 

What the hell is he saying?

 

Where did he get that idea?

 

"You still have her as your bodyguard, right?" he slowly asked which caught me off guard.

 

Yes! And I even begged for her to stay.

 

Why? Why did I do that?

 

I don't like her!

 

No! I don't like her!

 

"Right?" he again asked when he didn't receive any response from me.

 

"Y-Yes. B-but..that's because she's doing a good job...you know..in protecting me." I defensively answered.

 

"Oh? Really? But she doesn't look like someone who’s capable of fighting."

 

"But she is!" I quickly countered, slightly raising my voice."She really got the skills in fighting."

 

"I don't think so."

 

"I'm telling the truth! I bet she can even run circles around you!"

 

My eyes widened after realizing what I had just said.

 

What is happening to me?

 

Why the hell did I say that?!!

 

"Okay. That's what you said." he muttered which made me sigh in relief."Well, let's not just talk about your bodyguard. I obviously came here to ask if we can go out."

 

"Sure. No problem. I'll just inform Yoona so that she can prepare."

 

"No, Jessica. Just the two of us. Leave your bodyguard here. Don't worry, I can take care of you."

 

"But... I can't just leave her--"

 

"Come on! Please?"

 

I sighed."Okay."

 

I walked upstairs and turned to the left where Yoona's room was. I didn't bother to knock as I quickly twisted the doorknob and stepped inside her room.

 

She's lying on her bed but she has her back facing me so I can't really point out if she's still awake or was now sleeping.

 

"Hey Yoona." I called out.

 

I just stayed beside the door, not bothering to fully enter her room.

 

"Uh?"

 

So she's awake.

 

"I'm going out with Kai. You don't need to come. You can just stay here."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter