Chapter 24

My Bodyguard is..... My Fiancee??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

YURI'S POV:

 

 

 

The sound of an opening glass door fully caught my attention. I quickly looked up from the menu and directed my gaze at the entrance only to be disappointed after seeing an unfamiliar face.

 

I sighed.

 

What's taking her so long?

 

Why do I always have to wait for her?

 

She's not like this when we were still dating.

 

Before, she would always come 30 minutes ahead of the time that we've planned to meet.

 

Before, she would hate herself when--

 

I lowered my head.

 

Oh yeah! That was before.

 

We're not in the same situation anymore.

 

"Excuse me, Miss. May I have your order please. "

 

I looked up, expecting to see a boy dressed as a waiter but was surprised when I recognize his face.

 

"Kai?"

 

He chuckled. “Didn’t expect to see you here, Yuri. As far as I know you have a show to attend tonight. Ditching your schedule just to see your boyfriend?" he asked as he slid himself on the chair across mine.

 

"You know I don't have one." I sarcastically answered before narrowing my eyes at him. “How about you? What are you doing here?"

 

"Oh." he mumbled. The smile on his face had disappeared. “I was at the Byeokjae Galbi."

 

I frowned. “Then what are you doing here? Don't tell me you will eat here as well."

 

"No. I didn't eat there."

 

"Why?"

 

He sighed. “I just don't feel like eating on the same restaurant where I got rejected."

 

My eyes grew wide as my lips formed an 'O' shape. “Oh my God! Krystal rejected you?!"

 

"It's not her."

 

"Then who?"

 

"The girl that you brought in my party."

 

Who? Yoona?

 

But that's impossible!

 

Yoona didn't even hang out with Kai.

 

If it's not her, then who?

 

My eyes widened.

 

Oh! The Fiancée!

 

"Jessica?" I curiously asked.

 

He nodded.

 

"You like her?"

 

A nod.

 

"And you've confessed to her?"

 

"Yes. Then she rejected me."

 

"Oh." was the only word that left my mouth.

 

Why did she reject him?

 

For all I know, she has a big crush with Kai. She even convinced Yoona to come to the party since she badly wanted to see him.

 

So what was the problem?

 

Was it because she knows she's already engaged?

 

But I thought she's against the marriage because she's straight?

 

Did she already know that Yoona is her fiancée?

 

Argh! Now my mind is in chaos!

 

"I'm sorry." I sincerely apologized, knowing that I was somehow the reason why he's in pain now. “If I didn't bring her--"

 

"No." he cutted me off, finally showing his adorable smile. “Actually, I wanted to thank you for introducing her to me. I'm lucky enough to have 'Jessica Jung' as my friend."

 

I snorted. “Oh, you're crazy."

 

"In love, I know." he said and I just shook my head. “So...How about you? Who are you meeting?"

 

"Yoona." I smiled.

 

His eyes widened."Aahh! Yoona? Jessica's bodyguard?"

 

I don't know why I always feel offended when someone addressed Yoona as Jessica's bodyguard.

 

I seriously don't feel like hearing it.

 

Why?

 

She just doesn't deserve it!

 

She's the CEO of the Im's company, for God's sake!

 

She's very capable of managing their business.

 

She's someone that everyone should look up to.

 

She just can’t be anyone's bodyguard.

 

But then....

 

"Yeah. Jessica's....bodyguard."

 

"You're meeting with her? Why?" he asked, curiosity was evident all over his face.

 

I frowned."What why?"

 

"Oh no! Don't get me wrong, Yuri. I'm just curious if she.....was that special for you...that you even ditch your guesting?"

 

I smiled. “She’s.....that special."

 

He then suddenly leaned forward. “How special?"

 

"She's my childhood friend and.."

 

"And?"

 

I bit my lower lip.

 

Should I tell him?

 

Oh whatever! I want to see his reaction.

 

"And ex-girlfriend."

 

And as if on cue, his eyes widened, jaws nearly dropped. “What the hell, Yuri?!"

 

"Yah! I'm your noona!"

 

"I don't care! You better not play around with me, Yuri!" he burst out, catching everyone's attention.

 

I looked around and noticed some of the customers in the restaurant were holding cameras. I even heard the people sitting behind us said that we may be dating.

 

Tch! Kai!!!

 

I knew it! I shouldn't have said that!

 

I then focused my attention to them and bowed a few times. “Don’t take it in a wrong way. We are not dating. We're just friends. Please don't take pictures. Thank you!" I smiled before turning my gaze back at Kai."Look at what you did."

 

"I'm sorry. I'm just surprised."

 

"Well, about that...I'm serious. I had a past with Yoona."

 

"Yuri--"

 

"I told you I'm serious."

 

"So..." he gulped. “You’re...not straight? "

 

I chuckled. “I’m gay, Kai."

 

"Are you really serious Yuri?" he asked, still in disbelief.

 

Well, I can't blame him.

 

I just nodded.

 

He then let out a deep breath. “I really can't believe this. You're too pretty to be gay. If you'll confess this in the public, guys will surely think life is unfair."

 

I chuckled.

 

Seriously! This boy is so childish! Far from the serious and calm guy everyone used to see in the screen.

 

"This is our secret, okay?"

 

He nodded. “Don’t worry. You can count on me. By the way, if Yoona is your ex then it means she is also a gay?"

 

"Definitely."

 

He groaned. “But Yoona is also pretty. Seriously! Life is so unfair! I just don't know what to do if ever Jessica turns out to be a gay as well."

 

I frowned.

 

Jessica is straight, right?

 

And it's far too impossible for her to like Yoona, right?

 

I smiled. “Don’t worry. I don't think she is."

 

Or that's what I hope so.

 

"Yeah! She really isn't. She just doesn't like me." he agreed, letting out a bitter chuckle. “Anyway, You said you're meeting up with Yoona, right?" he asked and when I nodded, he continued. “She’s with Jessica."

 

I pursed my lips.

 

They're really inseparable, huh?

 

"Really? Then that will--" the rest of my words were left hanging in the air when the door of the restaurant once again opened.

 

Instead of smiling, I found myself glaring at the two girls who were busy hitting each other while making their way towards us.

 

"Yuri."

 

 

 

-----

 

 

YOONA'S POV:

 

 

 

"Yuri." I softly called soon as we reached the table the said girl was sitted in. I tilted my head and wrinkles start forming on my forehead when I realized that she's not alone."Kai??"

 

Jessica, after hearing the guy's name, followed my gaze and started smirking for some reason that I really don't know.

 

"Oh Kai? What are you doing here? Are you starting to stalk me now?" she confidently asked.

 

My eyes widened while Yuri and Kai were trying to suppress their giggles.

 

What did she just say?

 

Is she still in her right mind? Well, that is if she has a normal mind.

 

Ugh! Seriously! This girl is so embarrassing!

 

"Aahh. Maybe?" the actor just smilingly answered.

 

Before Jessica could even blurt another shameless response, Yuri swiftly butted in."Why don't you guys sit first?"

 

I then turned to look at Jessica and motioned her to take the seat beside Kai before bringing myself on the chair beside Yuri.

 

With just a hand signal, the waitress came rushing to us with a small notebook and pen on her grip. “Yes Ma'am, Sir. May I have your order please."

 

"Ahh Yes. For me, I would like fried shrimp and spicy hot short rib for the soup." Yuri smilingly answered before turning to look at the girl across us. “Jessica?"

 

"I want beef steak."

 

"Kai?"

 

"Steak as well." Kai answered which made Jessica's eyebrow raised.

 

He just showed her a smile when she glanced at him.

 

I rolled my eyes.

 

Jessica already rejected him!

 

Why is he still flirting with my fiancée?

 

"And Yoona will have chicken barbecue." I heard Yuri said.

 

I looked at her, slightly surprised but still flashed a smile as to reciprocate her warm one.

 

So she still remember.

 

My favorite food.

 

"Ahh Ye--" I was about to confirm my order when my precious boss suddenly chimed in.

 

"No. She will have pork barbecue."

 

My eyes widened.

 

Did I hear it right?

 

Did she really say that? 

 

Or my ears just deceived me?

 

Yuri, same with Kai who look really surprised, cast their gaze towards the girl.

 

"Excuse me?" Yuri asked as she cleared .

 

"I said Yoona will have pork barbecue instead. She likes it better." she coolly said before turning to look... Wait! Is that a glare? Oh Yeah! She's glaring at me."Right?"

 

I just looked at her in disbelief.

 

When did I start liking pork barbecue than the chicken one?

 

I didn't get inform about that.

 

Just when I was about to agree with what my so called boss has said, Well, It's because I'm afraid with the way she looks at me, Yuri let out a short laugh.

 

"Really?" she sarcastically asked. “But I'm a hundred percent sure she doesn't like the pork one."

 

True.

 

I don't like pork.

 

Oh wait!

 

What's with the sudden glaring battle?

 

Kai then faked a cough. “It’s okay Jessica. I can just have the pork barbecue."

 

"No." Jessica answered, still with her eyes on Yuri."Yoona will."

 

"No. She won't." Yuri countered. “I told you she doesn't like pork."

 

"I can just have the chicken barbecue, Noona." Kai once again tried to ease the unknown tension between the two but when he received a glare from Yuri, he just turned to look at the confused waitress. “I-I'm still having the beef steak."

 

"Then you're wrong." Jessica firmly said before shifting her cold gaze at me."Yoona.likes.pork. Right?"

 

I gulped.

 

Seriously! This is my first time seeing a really scary Jessica.

 

What did Yuri do to her?

 

Aahh.. What will I do?

 

If I choose the pork, then Yuri will surely feel dejected.

 

But if I choose what my tummy wants, which is chicken, then Jessica will also feel dejec....--

 

My eyes sparkled.

 

Aahh!!

 

Rejection!

 

If I don't choose pork that also means that I rejected Jessica.

 

I smirked.

 

Yeah. That is

 

Now, I will make you feel how being rejected hurts.

 

"I'm sorry but Yuri's right. I don't really like pork, Ms. Jung." I said, ignoring the deadly stare the girl across me was giving. I then looked up at the waitress and smiled. “I’m sorry for the wait. I would like to have chicken barbecue."

 

"Ahh Yes. One chicken barbecue, fried shrimp, two orders of beef steak and a--"

 

"No." Jessica intervened. “I will have pork barbecue instead." she muttered through gritted teeth, scaring the hell out of the waitress.

 

"A-aahh.. Y-Yeah. C-Coming up." the waitress just said before quickly walking away from us.

 

Silence surrounds us soon as the waitress left.

 

No one dared to talk.

 

I just held my breath while occasionally glancing at the fuming Jessica.

 

Well,  Did I make the right choice?

 

I guess no.

 

Because she seriously looks like she'll eat all of us alive.

 

That's why I almost jump in horror when Jessica suddenly stood up from her seat.

 

"W-What's the matter? " I managed to ask.

 

She shot me that cold stare. “I’m going to the restroom. Do you want to come with me?"

 

I was about to stand up when she spoke.

 

"Just stay here. Idiot." she said before walking away.

 

I could only stare at her fading figure.

 

Aahh!! She's really scary!

 

I wonder what's with her.

 

I wonder what she's thinking.

 

Why does she suddenly want me to eat pork barbecue?

 

Is that her favorite food? If it is, then why did she get beef steak first? And why does she want me to eat it?

 

Ugh! I really don't understand.

 

"Is she always like that?" Yuri's voice cracked all of my thoughts.

 

I then turned to look a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter