Cruelness

A Reason to Live

 

“YAHH!!” Sang Hyun shouts after you as Joon runs as fast as he can towards the edge of the cliff in horror trying to grab you. He grabs onto Sang Hyun’s collar in rage and fiercely yanks him as Seungho steps in between to stop him. Joon watches your body splash into the water and angrily runs his hand through his hair.

“We have to find her.” He says running down the hill as the rest follows. Mir quickly scans the ocean for your body, but it’s too dark to see. Joon takes off his jacket and boots and runs towards the ocean.

“Joon! Are you crazy?!” Byunghee grabs his arm, but he doesn’t listen. He’s already swimming in the direction of the area where you dropped.

“Uhhggg…” They groan and they do the same.  They each swim different directions in the ice cold water.

*You better not be dead.* Joon frustratingly dives into the water in search of you. His body shivers to the cold, but doesn’t give up. Dark cloud hovers over the sky as if going to rain in any minute. The waves splash harshly on his body causing him to crash against the huge rocks.

Seungho sees your body in a short distant about to be swept away. He hastily swims to you before the current carries you off. He grabs hold of your limp body firmly and using one arm, he swims towards the shore. He stares at you still breathing and his mind flashes back to your sudden action earlier. The solid, dark look in your eyes before you fell seemed to have struck him.

“I got her!!” He shouts to the rest and they start swimming back. Joon sighs in relief.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Daddy no!!” I shouted in fear as my mom held tightly onto me. Tears are running down my cheeks like waterfall while she tries to calm me down assuring me that it will be ok. My dad walks to me with a hot metal rod in his hand that seems to have some sort of symbol on it.

“It’s only going to hurt a little sweetheart. Please forgive daddy.” With that he presses it against the left side of my rib cage and I scream in agony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“AHHHHHH!!” I cried and shot up. My body drenched in sweat and my clothes still damp. *I’m not…dead?* I recall what happened earlier. I then look at my surrounding. I’m on a cold floor in a dark and vacant room that smells like rusty metal. My pants are ripped and so is my knee cap. They had tied my hands securely behind my back. I can feel the tightness in my chest. It hurt so bad that I can hardly breathe.

In an instant, the door slides open and a tall man slowly walks in. He switches on a light bulb and comes my way. His expression is so cold and emotionless. *If looks can kill.* I automatically avoid his gaze, look down, and pull my knees up to my face. He grabs a chair behind him, sits down and leans forward right in front of me.

“I’m only going to ask this once and you’re going to give me an answer.”He says as his eyes pierce into me, but I pretend not to see. “Where is it?” I ignore him and keep my gaze steady on the floor. He roughly grabs hold of my face and forces me to look up. He takes out a sharp blade and presses it against my throat, cutting into my flesh.

*Just kill me.* I thought. I will never speak. I’m unafraid of his threat and his blade. I can’t even feel it cutting me.

“Are you deaf?” He asks annoyingly, but I look away keeping my mouth shut. Frustrated, he grasps onto my arm and pulls me up and I wince to the pain in my knee. He pushes me onto the chair and bends down to my level. “I can break you right now.” He whispers coldly. I stare deep into his eyes and see nothing, but emptiness.

 Before I can even blink, he yanks me to my feet and pins me against the wall effortlessly.  *I…can’t…breathe…* I breathe deeply. *Don’t give up Min Hee*. With the strength I have left I head him and he stumbles back a little as I fall onto the floor. I scramble weakly trying to stand and run, but my knees won’t budge. He grabs me by the ankle and drags me like an animal towards the door.

“JOON!” A voice suddenly shouts. “Calm down. Remember, you know you can’t do this.”

“She doesn’t want to talk. So I’m going to make her.” The guy name Joon says cruelly. He grabs a rope and instantly ties my ankles together. He tosses me over his shoulder and walks out the door as the other person follows behind us staring at me.

Heavy rain hits me and it stings my wounded body. I’m being tossed into the back of a car and it seemed like forever until we reached a destination. He takes me out and harshly carries me into a big house. A few other guys come out to see the commotion.

“Hyung! You haven’t finished this off yet?” One bellows. He ignores him and takes me upstairs into a room that seems to be the bathroom. He tosses me down and starts to fill a huge tub with water. I can barely keep my eyes open at this rate. My entire body feels too numb to move.

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” With that, he throws me into the tub and my eyes shoot open instantly. I can feel the cuts on my body open up even more.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” I yell at the touch of the ice cold water. He forcefully plunges my head into the water not allowing me to catch my breath. Before I knew it, darkness has already engulf me…..