Silent Tears

A Reason to Live

 

You swiftly ran out into the busy city streets of Seoul out of breath and relieved. *Where do I go now?!* Frantically, you went wherever your feet led you. Now and then you looked back and made sure no one was chasing you.

You blew a huge breath and came to a slow stop once you saw no one behind you. You were lost now. Seoul was now a new place to you and the last time you were here was when your parents passed away. *Appa, Umma. I did it. I’m free.* A small smile grew on your face as you fast walked your way down a hectic part of town.

*Good, they won’t find me here. I’ll be safe* You began to relax and slow down your pace. It’s been such a long while since you’ve last felt the beautiful sun and actually saw faces.

You were busily mesmerized by your surroundings that you no longer felt the need to worry about getting caught. Just then, the crowd started screaming and moving madly to each side of the walk way to clear the middle.

“VROOM..VROOM!!”  Your head shot up at once at the sound of a motorcycle that was headed right your way. You felt your knees go weak and your heart dropped. “No way….” You whimpered frightened.

You turned around and started running, but could not surpass his speed. Joon pressed on the petal and without stopping, he grabbed onto your waist and pulled you in front of him and sped off.

“Ahh!!” You didn’t even have time to react.

Joon was speeding so fast that you could hardly breathe. You clutched your chest and closed your eyes and felt like vomiting.

“If you don’t want to fall off and die, stay still.” He growled. Then, he immediately grabbed your left and right hand with his and set them on the handle bars while he placed his on top of yours. He hovered securely behind you making sure you won’t fall.

It seemed forever until the two of you finally came to a halt and you gradually opened your eyes. You were on a grassy top that over looked the Cheonggyecheon River. Joon jumped off the motorcycle still furious at you.

He ran his fingers through his hair, took a deep breath, and blew it back out. “Why’d you run?” He asked looking out to the river. You didn’t move an inch nor did you reply.

Joon turned around and faced you, “Did you really think you’ll be able to escape? What the hell were you thinking? You obviously believed that you’ll survive out here?” Your inside heated up at his questions.

“I know exactly what I was thinking! You actually thought I don’t know and think about this? I live day by day wondering how I will survive! I’m not safe anywhere I am or go and staying with you doesn’t make a hell lot of a difference. You…and Kim Ho are just the same.” You spat through clenched teeth.

Joon felt a little hurt by your words. *She’s right, we are the same. I’m no different from him. We do this just to satisfy ourselves as long as we get what we want.* He walked up to you in front of the motorcycle and looked down at you.

“Then why can’t you just give him what he wants? I’m sure if you did, he wouldn’t hurt you and I wouldn’t have to waste my time either.” He leaned down closer to you and you looked him straight in the eyes.

“Ever since I can remember, all that I’ve been trying to do was protect my parent’s valuables. I’m not going to give up now.” Your throat felt like it was drying up talking about this. “I’m not going to sit around and wait until the day you take me to him. Until my very last breath, I will never let him touch any of it.” You said angrily your hand tightened into a fist making your knuckles turn white.

“So, you’re saying that your life means nothing to you at all and you’re throwing it away to guard your dead parent’s fortune? Don’t you think you’re being a bit too faithful? I’m sure if they were still alive they would rather give up everything they had to save you.” Joon saw the sadness swept over your facial expression and he softened. *You stubborn babo girl. I’ve never came across anyone who would risk their life for something not worthwhile.*

“You don’t know anything! What I’m guarding is MY life. It’s not the money that I want. It’s the only thing that I have left of them. I can hardly remember how they looked like. Their voices are completely wiped out from my memories. If they were alive,” you voice was dimmed as you looked away from his gaze, “I wouldn’t have to face this alone.”

“Then you’re prepared to meet your step uncle am I right? This is all up to you. You don’t have much time left, so think carefully about it.” Joon scanned your face, but there was no reaction. You sat there silent in your own thought as you watched the beautiful river flow and all the people who came out to have fun.

It was true. The only thing delaying him from taking you to your step uncle was Lazer. Once they get rid of him, that’s when you’ll go too. It frustrated him the most whenever he thought about doing something bad to you, there was a deep pain within him that he never felt before. He’s been trying to stop thinking about you and just quickly get this over with.

The longer he got to know you, the harder it was for him to give you up. He reminded himself everyday what his purpose was and not to ever get involved. However, his heart wasn’t listening to him. It was unusual to him how even without knowing you well, he was captivated by you.

Joon took a deep sigh and slowly followed your gaze. Your eyes glistened at the water and the people around you. You look almost peaceful just letting the cool breeze catch your loose fringe. *She hasn’t gone out in awhile. Does she want to…..look around?* He hesitated, but just seeing you this way wasn’t helping either. He hopped on behind you and the engine.

“He killed my parents.” Your voice was low and vacant, but loud enough for Joon to catch.

“Huh…” He froze not knowing what you meant. “Kim Ho.” You whispered. Your tears brim your eyes ready to fall any minute, but you held them back once again. Joon could hear the change in your tone. The shakiness in your voice told him you wanted to cry. A surge of regret and sorrow filled his stomach.

He didn’t know what to do or say. Whether or not to comfort you and how? He too, was shocked. *Kim Ho killed your parents…* Joon stared at the back of your head. *Mianhae.* He wanted to say. Instead, he leaned in forward to your small frame. He grabbed your hands and put them on the handle bars again.

“Hold on tight.” He said softly and put his over yours. He pressed the petal and the engine roared loudly. With a swift u-turn he sped off onto the highway. He couldn’t help but think how perfect you felt in his arms. His body felt warmer with you there.

*You can cry now. No one will see you.* And as if you read his mind, tears rolled down your cheeks. The force of the wind hitting against your face hit your tears immediately away. All you could feel was the coldness lingering behind.

Joon felt your tears swiped his cheeks and his body stiffened. It hurt him like poison trickling through his body. He was relieved for not letting you know about Lazer or you’ll have an even harder time coping. For now, at lease the only thing he should be focused on is to keep you away from him. The rest, his heart can figure out.

~~~

Mianhae. Boring chapter and forgive me for excluding sweet moments AHAH. Don’t worry; Seungho will have his chance soon LOL. :) More Seungho and action coming up so I hope you enjoy this nonsensical chapter! THANK YOU!