Attached

A Reason to Live

 

Joon speeds up his motorcycle on the highway as three other bad guys from Lazer’s gang chases after him. Once he met up with Kim Ho that night, they were already waiting for him secretly outside. He got caught up in physical dispute until he was able to get on his bike and escape.

After he swiftly loses them, he carefully pulls into the parking lot of his luxurious manor and limps towards the front gate. *It’s time to start getting ready and leave to another place soon.* Joon know Lazer well and just like your step uncle, he will do anything within his power to get what he wants.

Now, it seems as though he can feel you hurting deeply. This wouldn’t have been such a difficult task for him if you were just another person he has to kill. However, seeing you put up a strong front every day no matter how scared you were has sparked a light into his heart.

~~~

It’s been about a week now and you were starting to get used to your new ‘home’. No one has bothered you about the key anymore and that has made everything a lot easier for you. You learned that Seungho was not a very bad person after all. He often comes to check up on you and talked to you frequently. He is actually very sweet.

Even so, your inside becomes wary every time you saw Joon. He doesn’t smile at you, but he doesn’t stare at you with that cold empty look in his eyes anymore. Instead, there was sadness in them. There has been many times when you wanted to ask him “what’s wrong?”, or “what’s bothering you?”, but you were afraid to.

Your mind keeps reminding you, “Don’t get too close. In the end, they will all turn you in.” Your heart doesn’t know whether or not to trust anyone. Since the very beginning, they had only one goal and that goal is to get the key.

Sitting on the sofa still in deep contemplation, Mir dramatically plops down right next to you making the sofa sink deeper and that snapped you out of your thoughts. He put his elbow on his knee and rests his head on his hand and stares at you.

“W-w-ae? Why are you looking at me that way?” You blink a few times and automatically avert your eyes elsewhere as your face becomes warm. Mir continues to gaze blankly at you.

“Quit being a weirdo and leave her alone.” You were relieved for Beong Hee’s words. He sits down across from the two of you and picks up a magazine.

“You know what? I just noticed how cute you actually are.” Mir finally speaks with his index finger and thumb rubbing his chin still staring at you. “Oh…I’ll take that as a compliment.” You turn away feeling embarrass.

“Yeah, and your skin looks really creamy and soft too.” Mir was now in a daze. Your face flushes hot and becomes even redder. *Get me out of here!* You wanted to scream.

“But why do you always put your hair up? I bet you’ll look hot with your hair d----OWW!! What the hell was that for?!” Mir rubs his head angrily and looks up at Seungho.

“Stop your creepiness. You’re making this entire house feel disgusted.” Seungho says and wink at you which made you laugh.

“How so? I’m only complimenting Shorty right here.” You immediately turn your head and look at Mir who sits there pouting. *Shorty?! Me?!* You didn’t want to believe what you just heard.

“Araso. I don’t feel disgusted. Thanks.” You gave him an encouraging smile and pat his shoulder to lighten him up.

“Well, I’m going to wash up and go to bed. You guys should too. Good night.” You sweetly smile at them and walk up the stairs. At the same time you collide into Sang Hyun who was coming in the opposite direction.

“Whoa! You ok Min Hee?” He holds onto you so you won’t fall.

“Mianhe. Good night Sang Hyun.” You apologize and quickly run up stairs.

“What happened? She looked flustered.” Sang Hyun points his thumb back towards the stairs. Seungho shrugs not planning to answer and also goes upstairs.

“Mir ‘s being a .” Beong Hee laughs and Mir throws a pillow at him shooting daggers with his eyes.

“First of all,” Beong Hee continues, “you can’t be giving her a nickname.”

“When did I?!” Mir pretends not to recall.

 “Just now. You called her ‘Shorty’.” Beong Hee reminds. “You called her Shorty?” Sang Hyun raises an eyebrow at Mir. “It just came out and she is short!” Mir tries to defend.

“Yah! When you start giving her nicknames, you’re getting attached to her. Do you know what will happen to her? How are you going to face ‘Shorty’ when god knows what Kim Ho will do to her? WE will be responsible.” Beong Hee retorts trying to snap Mir back to reality. Sang Hyun sits there and shakes his head.

“Joon! You’re back. What happened to you?” Sang Hyun gets up and walk towards Joon. His face had a few minor scratches, but his leg was in pain. He was at the front door and heard everything Beong Hee said. He couldn’t help, but agree.

“I’m fine.” Joon says and slightly limps upstairs.

~~~

Seungho catches you by the arm before you reach your room. You turn around surprised, but smiles warmly.

“Yeah Seungho?” You ask. “Mir’s always like that. Don’t take him too serious.” He says hoping you won’t feel too embarrass. You shake your head and laugh.

“Awe man. I was feeling flattered though!” You joke pretending to whine which made Seungho chuckle. *She is so silly.*

“Haha. I’m only kidding. Don’t worry; I know he was only teasing.” You assured grinning.

*Then why did you turn all red?* Seungho held back his thought and smile. He loves how your eyes glisten when you laugh. *She’s…..beautiful.”

“Well, sweet dreams Seungho.” He nods at you and you go inside your room.

~~~

That night Joon had a horrible time trying to fall asleep. There were a million things running through his mind. Most of them were about you. Every time he sees you, he can’t help, but feel guilty. Then when he thinks about giving you to Kim Ho, he gets angry, frustrated, and then confused.

 When he closes his eyes, he sees you smiling as if nothing was wrong and everything was okay. He hated being in this situation and the fact that he is in charge of you.

“Arg!” He sits up in bed running his hand through his hair annoyed. He pulls on his shirt and leaves the room. As he walks down the hall and pass your door, he notices that your bedroom light is still on.

Curious, he slightly opens your door and peek in to see what you were still doing up at midnight. He sees that you weren’t in bed, but your window was open all the way, so he walks in.

You were sitting on the balcony floor with your legs dangling down in between the railings. You gaze out at the beautiful lights of Seol deep in your little thought not realizing Joon standing there behind you. He slowly limps up to you and sits down next to you giving you a fright.

“Yah!” You slightly jump. “At least make a sound that you’re here.” You furrow your eyebrows, but he just shrugs and looks straight ahead into the city.

“You couldn’t sleep?” You tilt your head a little to look at him and he turns to look at you not answering. You give him a small smile and lightly poke his knee. He winces at the pain that shoots up his leg and you instantly draw back your hand.

You also notice the fresh scratches on his face as well. Without thinking; you pull up the leg of his pants to reveal a deep cut right below his knee cap.

“What are you doing?!” Joon says embarrassed and pulls the leg of his pants back down. You roll your eyes and stand up.

“Wait here.” You leave and come back with medicine and bandages and sit back down. You begin to pull the leg of his pants back up and he holds onto your wrist to stop you.

“It will get infected if you don’t do something about it.” You warned and unleash his hold. You roll up his pants careful not to touch the wound and gently start cleaning it with rubbing alcohol. Joon watches as you bandage up his knee. His expression softens and his heart beats faster to your gentle touch.  *Joon, you stupid fool. Get a grip.* He continues to study your kind and beautiful feature carefully as the wind blows tenderly at your loose fringe.

“I guess these will really become of good use.” You were talking about the bandages. You smile and look up at him and he turns away clearing his throat. *Stop smiling like that at me.* He couldn’t take it when you did.

“And there too?” You shake your head at him and tilt his face towards you catching him off guard. You put a small bandage onto the cut on his cheek bone. *And I thought you were top notch.* You laugh silently.

“Don’t you……hate me?” Joon found himself shamelessly ask. You look at him confused, but nodded.

“I would push you off this balcony if I could.” You sneered and then start to giggle. “I’m kidding. I’m not sure if I like you, but before that, I don’t hate you either.” He recalls his cruel behavior towards you and his gut twists. You look at him as if you read his mind.

“I’m stronger than you think I am.” You look up into the dark sky eyes sparkling. “But, now we’re even.” You point to his knee trying to muffle your laugh. A smile grows on his face as he stares at you with affection. Your smile is more than enough to knock his breath out and your laughter is melody to his ears.

“I’m sure you didn’t have a choice, but to bring me here. I know my step uncle pretty well. He would do anything to put his hands on other’s possessions.” Something in you felt like explaining everything to this mysterious man. You wanted to somehow understand him as well.

*Don’t say that. Don’t tell me anything. Don’t try to understand. You’re making things even harder than it already is.* “You shouldn’t pretend to be tough when you’re scared.” Joon says not staring at you.

You shake your head and bite your bottom lip.“Ani~I'm not scared. I’m not scared of anything.” You look at him and he turns to look at you as well. “The only thing I’m scared of is……..living.” You whispered.  He saw the fear flash in your eyes for that second and his heart stopped. Joon’s mind feels like exploding right now and he hates the way you are being so perceptive. More than that, he hates that you are making his heart weak.   

The both of you sit there for awhile until he felt a light weight on his shoulder. He turns to look at you and found you sound asleep. As carefully as possible, he cradles you firmly into his strong arms and lifts you up. He takes you to your bed and gently puts you under the cover tucking you away.

A strong feeling urges him to react unlikely. He bends down and plants the tenderest kiss on your forehead. He then slowly pulls back staring at you peacefully sleeping. “Don’t do this to me…” He whispers.

~~~~

Going too fast? Too slow? Ahaha. I’m beat, sorry for the many mistakes in this chapter. I will edit tomorrow. Good night. Thanks for reading!