Not just a dream

A Reason to Live

 

The next morning you washed up, pulled on some sweat pants and a plain t-shirt and went downstairs. The house was dead quiet which was very unusual. A weird feeling crept up inside you as you slowly walked to the living room.

“Where did they all go?” You wondered, but something just didn’t feel right. Suddenly, you felt a strange presence hovering behind you. You gulped and slowly turned around. A tall man wearing all black was only a feet away from you.

“A-a-juhssi!” You gasped meeting eyes with your step uncle.  An evil grin spread across his face and his eyes twinkled as if he has found his most treasured prize.

“We finally meet again.” Kim Ho stepped closer to you and you shuffled backward in fear. “Don’t be scared, I’m not going to hurt you.” He reached his hand to grab you, but you trip over a stool and fall. You tried to scream, but nothing came out.

He bends down to you with a smirk and pulled you to your feet. “No! Please, I...I…don’t have what you’re looking for.” You rub your hands together pleading as tears brim your eyes.

“I already know where you’re hiding it.” He shook his head sneering and grabbed your shirt forcefully trying to lift it upward. You hold tightly to the bottom of it and at the same time fighting to push him off.  “You shouldn’t d-d-o this! Ajuhssi! I’m begging you!” You struggled with all your might not letting him take hold of your shirt.

“You little !” he slapped you roughly across your face making you stagger against the wall. He comes right on top of you with his hand pressed tightly around your throat. “Stop en moving!” He slides his hand to your shirt once again. You kick and yelp your hands gripping his arms trying to pull them off of you.

At the corner of your eyes you saw a lean and muscular figure stand a few feet away from you and Kim Ho. His eyes were dark and cold staring vacantly at the two of you. *It’s him.* Your eyes widen as you stretch your hand to the figure silently begging for help, but he doesn’t budge.

 Instead, he turned his back on you and walked away not looking back.

“JOON DON’T GO! JOON HELP ME!” You whimpered helplessly. Your heart broke into a million pieces as he disappeared into the darkness.

You tried to scream as loud as you could to him, but your voice was invalid. All you were able to do was cry as Kim Ho thrashed at you violently.

~~~

Seungho had just finished taking a shower that morning and was on his way out of the restroom when he heard you softly calling out to someone and crying.

Worried, he instantly came to see what was wrong. To his relief, you were only having a bad dream. Your eyebrows creased together in vain and your head turned from side to side as sweat glide down your forehead.

Seungho softened at the sight of your anguish and it pained him deep inside. “Min Hee…Min Hee-ah…” he bends down and lightly shook your arm. *I wonder what’s giving her such a hard time waking up.”

He puts his hand smoothly under your neck and lifts your head up a little bit. “Min Hee, wake up.” You instantly shot up from your bed in frantic breathing in and out heavily as if someone was choking you.

“Were you having a bad dream?” Seungho cups your face and searched into your eyes, concerned. They were filled with horror and tears. Your face was pink and sweaty and your heart was pounding at an abnormal rate.

“No…” You lied immediately wiping the sweat off your face. *Whew…it was only a dream.* But that didn’t make you feel any better.

*You don’t have to lie to me.* Seungho caressed your face and doesn’t take his eyes off of you.

You couldn’t stop thinking about the nightmare. It felt so real. It felt like something that would happen really soon. The way Joon gave you up to your step uncle and never turned back to look at you created more tears into your eyes. *That day will eventually come right?* You didn’t want to break down now, so you bit your lip and looked away.

Without saying a word, Seungho slowly let you fall into his broad shoulders with your head turned slightly to the left to hide your face. You didn’t protest and took in a deep breath while closing your eyes to prevent your tears from falling. You felt weak and paralyzed and you were embarrassed to cry in front of him.

Of course Seungho understood all too well. He knew you had too much pride and if you cried in front of him, you would only feel humiliated. “It was only a dream ok? Listen here.” He pointed to his heart. “Follow the rhythm of my heart beat and try to keep yours at the same pace. Take a deep breath.” Thankfully, it did help calm you down a little.

 Still, he couldn’t help, but embrace your shivering body. He slowly wrapped his arms around you and rubs your back soothingly. *Don’t be scared. I’m right with you.* He rocked you back and forth. “It’s okay, everything will be okay.” He cooed into your ears.

*I wish everything would be ok too, but it’s not.* You buried your face deeper into Seungho’s comfort. He tenderly the back of your head and doesn’t let you go.

After Seungho left, you went to clean yourself up. You locked the bathroom door and turned to face the large mirror in front of you. Slowly, you took off your shirt and pulled it over your head. You twist your body vaguely to the left and gently ran your hand over the imprinted scar on your rib cage.

*This is what they all want from me.* Clear image of your nightmare flows your mind.  *Please don’t tell me that bastard really knows where it is.* Your scar was the key to open your parent’s assets. The code that has been imprinted on your body will be the only thing that either saves you or kill you.

~~~

Seungho moment! haha :D  Chapter 11 will be up in the afternoon hopefully. I tried to squeeze it in here, but it seemed kind of awkward and maybe out of the story pace. I might not even put it up until later into the chapters. We’ll see! I’ll probably end up writing something else for chapter 11. :) Thank you!