Mianhae

A Reason to Live

 

“SLAP!” Trails of blood dripped down your lip as Lazer smacked you across your face. Your hands were tied up to a rope and your feet dangled on the ground.

They had taken you to a dark vacant room with no windows. The ground was muddy and you could smell must and mold rotting on the walls.

“Answer me!” He shouted in your face angrily. He rubbed his hand on his neck and paced back and forth glaring at you. You tried your best to keep your eyes open, but you weren’t just going to tell him anything.

With your neck hung low to the side, you rolled your blood shot eyes up to look him. He was around his early 30’s and had a large scar on his jaw line. A smirk formed on your face.

“You stupid ! How dare you look at me that way!” he ran up to you and grabbed your arms. “If you don’t tell me where you hid it, I’m going to--”

“Kill me?” You cut him off. “You won’t ever live to see it if you kill me.”

“Argh!!” He shook you violently. “You think I don’t have the guts to kill you?!” You stared at him not answering. Reeks of alcohol came out of his breath and you cringed at the smell.

“If you don’t tell me where it is, I’ll have no choice, but to cut you up and that son of a Kim Ho won’t find out either.” Lazer growled under his breath. He was only inches away from your face.

“I’m going to ask you one more time. WHERE. IS. IT?!”

“Don’t waste your time. I’m not going to tell you.” You gritted your teeth. “!” he punched you in the guts with all his strength and you started to gasp for air.

“You filthy piece of trash!” He grabbed your throat and began to squeeze it, but you spat in his face and kicked his stomach. The force made you swing back against the wall.

Lazer stumbled backwards. He glared up at you astonished. He swiftly wiped the spit off his face and charged at you. Before he could put his hands on you, one of his men came running into the room.

“What is it?!” He snarled annoyed for being disturbed. The guy whispered a few things into Lazer’s ears that you couldn’t catch.

Suddenly, a big nasty grin grew slowly onto his face. He turned back to you and walked slowly towards you. “Untie her.” He said to the other guy who obediently let you down from the rope. You fell recklessly down onto the dirty ground and winced.

Lazer knelt down and grabbed your face with one hand and he yanks you forward to face him. “You didn’t want to tell me, but I found it anyways.” He sneered under his breath smirking.

 He stood up and took off his jacket and undid the top buttons of his shirt. Smiling evilly, he came down at you. “W-waeyo?!” You scrambled backwards as your feet shuffle the ground fearfully.

He grabs hold of your ankle and pulls you back. “Stop moving!” He then climbs on top of your legs and starts ripping your clothes forcefully.

“ GET OF OF ME!!” You screamed. *Oh no. Don’t tell me he knows where it is!” You held tightly onto your clothes, but he was much stronger than you. Lazer continued to tear up your clothes like rags.

“Stop!! Don’t do this!” You punched him a few times, but it was like hitting a rock. You then grab onto his face and dug your nails deep into his flesh.

“AHHH! !!” He slaps your head with great force and it hits the ground hard. You couldn’t move after that. Your body went numb and your vision blurred. All you knew was that he wouldn’t stop what he was doing. *Joon ...help me.*

~~~

Joon, Seungho and the rest of the guys finally arrived at the abandoned building in a deserted area of the town.

“This is the place.” Sung Hyun said.

Joon quickly jumped off his bike and ran towards the building surrounded by Lazer’s gangs. Seungho Mir, Sang Hyun, and Beong Hee followed swiftly behind him.

Lazer’s gang immediately attacked them and an intense fight sprung out. Seungho punched a guy in the face and head locked him, putting him to sleep. Mir, grabbed onto a buff one and kicked him in the head knocking him out. Sang Hyun and Beong Hee already killed two. Joon speedily seized the one guarding the gate and snapped his neck effortlessly.

“JOON! GO GET HER! We’ll handle this!” Seungho shouted. Although his heart ached wanting to go get you himself, he knew he couldn’t. *As long as you are safe in Joon’s hands.*

Joon nodded and ran into the dark building. Sweat rolled down his face and neck making his hair damp. *Min Hee, hold on I’m almost there.* His brain felt like exploding right now as he sped faster down the dark hallways.

He could hear a deep voice faintly laughing a far distance ahead of him. *LAZER!* He could recognized his tone right away. Joon followed the faint sound which led him to an even darker room.

There was a dim light that helped Joon make out where you actually were. Slowly and quietly as possible, he crept inside. A tall guy instantly popped out and attacked him. He swiftly dodged and banged his head into a sharp metal rod on the wall.

Joon ran into the room and saw Lazer stand in the center with a gun in his hand. A huge grin was on his face as if he has found what he’s been searching for.

Joon instantly saw you on the floor. The upper part of your body was completely .. You were rolled up into a ball shivering. Joon froze at the sight of your helplessness and his heart sank down to the pit of his stomach.

“Min Hee-ah…” He whispered. He clenched his jaw tightly and shot a deadly glared at Lazer. He reached his hand to the back of his pants, about to pull out his pistol, but stopped himself.*Don’t be too quick.*

“Aren’t you acting up a little much there?” Lazer laughs. “You like this ? Uh-oh! Kim Ho would be very upset if he knew.” He snickers and laughs some more trying to anger Joon. However, he held back from doing anything rashly. He couldn’t take his eyes off you.

Lazer followed his gaze and a cruel idea came into his mind. He lifted up his gun and pointed it your body. Joon’s eyes widened and he takes a step forward to you.

“Come closer and I will kill her right now!” Lazer shouted.

 Joon’s heart stopped beating. “Don’t hurt her.” He growled. “Just me and you. Leave her out.”

“Oh, that’s no longer necessary.” Lazer chuckles. “I already found what I wanted. She’s useless to me now.”

Joon became baffled. *He found it? He found…..* He looked down at you frantically. *Don’t tell me…*

His thoughts became drowned out by Lazer. “You’re a stupid fool. You couldn’t even do your job correctly! Now I found it and I’m going to kill the both of you!” He roars as he puts his finger on the trigger about to pull it.

 Joon reacted much quicker. He swings around and pulls out his pistol from the back of his waist pants and points it at Lazer’s head.

Photobucket “BANG!” Blood splatters all over as Lazer collapsed to the ground. Joon shot him several more times in anger for what he did to you. Lazer’s eye balls rolls to the back of his head and he stopped moving.

 Joon bends down and picks up a piece of paper that he still held tightly in his hand and opens it. On the paper were numbers in random order. *What the hell’s this.* He stuffed it in his pocket and hastily ran over to you.

“Min Hee-ah…” Joon’s voice trembled. “D-d-on’t come any closer…” You managed to squeak. You didn’t want him to see you this way. It was too embarrassing.

He doesn’t listen and slowly bent down to you. His eyes abruptly spot the scar on your rib cage and he froze. The numbers he saw on the piece of paper were identical to the symbol you had. *This…must be it.* He dismisses the thought out from his head immediately, not caring anymore.

Joon takes off his jacket and gently puts it over you. With shaky hands, he carefully puts one arm under your knees and the other around your shoulders and lifts you up. He cradles you close to him and starts walking out.

“I…told…you…not to come.” You whispered as tears burned your eyes. “I don’t want to be seen--”

“Stop talking. I know, so stop…” He looked down at you as you buried your face into his chest and trembled holding back your tears.

“Just cry damnit!” It pained him to see you trying to be strong. “It’s ok….just cry.” *Stop acting strong for once and let it out.* You start sobbing softly then louder, letting all your fear, sadness, anger, and pain out of your heart.

“I’m sorry…I’m so sorry.” Joon softly spoke into your ears.

He blamed himself for what happened. *It was my fault for taking you out. This wouldn’t have happened if we just went back. Mianhae for not being able to get to you sooner, Min Hee. Mianhae.*

~~~

At last! Thanks for reading! Hope it was okay! Good night!