Help me...

A Reason to Live

 

YOU POV

“HYUNG! Stop! You’re gonna kill her!” Mir and the rest stumble anxiously into the bathroom after you and Joon. Their jaws drop in shock knowing that if you die before giving them an answer to where the key is, they’re all going down as well. Sang Hyun and Beong Hee grabs him and tries to hold him back.

“Don’t interfere!” Joon shouts angrily and releases himself from their hold. He knows what he's doing. At that moment, his cell phone goes off. He pulls it out and looks at the caller ID. *Shiet.* It’s your step-uncle. Joon picks it up and walks out of the bathroom as Sang Hyun follows him.

“Beong Hee, go grab some towels and put it on my bed.” Seungho says looking at your unconscious self in the tub. Beong Hee nods and quickly leaves the room.

“I’ll get the first aid kit.” Mir says and also leaves. Seungho stays behind and closes the door. He quickly grabs your arm and pulls you out from the water. He puts his ear close to your mouth for any sign of breathing, but you’re out cold and your pulse is barely there. He lifts you gently out from the tub and lays you down on the tile floor. He starts pumping your chest to make the water come out from your lungs.

1…2…3…4…5

1...2…3…4…5

*Come on…* Seungho desperately continues to revive you.

“(COUGH COUGH).” You spit out a mouth full of water as your throat stings in pain. Seungho lifts your head up and supports your upper body to sit. You slowly open your blurry eyes to the sight of a beautifully structured face angel with almond brown eyes and light brown hair staring bluntly down at you.

*An angel…I’m really dead.* You were so sure of this. Before you tried to spread your wings and fly, Seungho waves his hands back and forth in your face making you snap back to reality.

*No. Not again.* You frightfully push yourself backwards with your feet and hit the wall behind you, afraid to get thrown into water again. Your body begins to shake out of your control. *Stop shaking you idiot. You’re not scared. That crazy man 'only tried to kill you'. This is nothing.* Your mind tries to calm you down.

“Hey...hey, it’s ok. I’m not going to hurt you.” Seungho says softly and he reaches out to you and you flinch. You finally realize he wasn’t the maniac a while ago, but you’re not going to trust anyone easily. He comes closer and wraps a warm towel around you. *What’s going on?* You thought confused at the sudden change. *Where’s that crazy guy hiding?* You look around dumbfounded and Seungho gives out a very low chuckle at the silly look on your face. He then picks you up and carries you out the bathroom into the hallway.

“I-I can walk.” You finally say, almost inaudible.

 “I thought you didn’t know how to talk.” Seungho says not looking at you and keeps on walking. You look down, too worn out to argue back. You both reach a room bigger than your house. The color white and blue fills the entire place and the huge windows give you a clear view of the city. *I’m in Seoul…* You instantly recognize.

 Seungho sets you carefully down onto the bed making sure not to hurt you anymore than you already are. *What am I doing?* He asks himself. He shouldn’t get himself involved. All they need from you is the key and nothing more. Your step uncle will handle the rest after they hand you over to him. He bends down and looks you in the eyes seriously.

“Look, whatever Joon ask of you, just tell him. If you don’t, I can’t guarantee your safety. He won’t give you mercy just because you’re a girl.” He warns you in a low whisper and puts another towel over you.

“Thanks for the heads up.” You smiled meekly already expecting for the worse. Mir comes in with some bandages and medicine for you, but stops and stares at the two of you oddly. Seungho stands up immediately and rubs the back of his neck like he's embarrassed.

“Ouch…” Mir makes a face at your bruised arms and bleeding knee. Seungho takes the bandages from him and starts unraveling it. *Why make a face when you kill for a living?* You cringe at them.

Seungho takes a scissor about to cut open the leg of your jean to put medicine on you, but you abruptly stop him from doing so.

“I can do it myself.” You refuse and grab the bandages from him. *They try to kill me and then heal me.* You thought this was beyond unbelievable. Just then, Joon comes into the room and whispers a few things to Seungho and he shakes his head. He strides towards you and lifts you over his shoulder again without a warning.

“YAHH!!” You shout and start kicking. “Let me down!! I have legs too you know! Do whatever you want to me, shoot me, stab me, but just don’t put me into the water! Please!”

“Shut up!” Joon hisses and doesn’t let you down. “Don’t do anything reckless hyung!” Sang Hyun shouts from behind the two of you. Joon carries you into a room, closes the door, and locks it. He carelessly lets you down and you hit the floor on your bottom. “Oww…” You said rubbing your left side in pain.

“You know exactly why you’re here. I don’t have time for your stupid games, so I give you five seconds.” He says with his arms crossed, his eyes shooting daggers at you. You bite your lip at how scary this guy is, almost losing yourself to give in, but you stubbornly keep silent.

“Fine. You want to do this the hard way? And you said anything right?” Joon jerks you up on your feet and tosses you on the bed before you can even make a sound. He starts taking off his jacket and shirt. He kicks his boots to the side and forcefully comes on top of you as you scream in terror.

“N-n-noooo!! Stop! Don’t do this! P-p-please!!” You beg trying to fight him off. You push his chest off of you, but he’s too strong for your weak strength. With one hand, Joon takes hold of your wrists and pins it to the bed as he rips your t-shirt to pieces. “HELLPPP!! SOMEONE HELP ME!!” Struggling and pleading, your voice becomes so hoarse that you start choking.

Endless tears cascades down your eyes like no tomorrow. Your heart pounds out of your chest as images of your parents flash before you.

 

*Appa…Omma….please help me...*

~~~~~~~~

:'(