Hesitation

A Reason to Live

 

~Flashback~

“Hello?” Joon answers the call exiting the bathroom.

“So, I see you caught the girl.” A shallow, cold voice answers on the other side. Kim Ho’s (your step uncle’s name) lips forms into a wicked smile. He finds out news as fast as wildfire. “I hope you didn’t hurt her too bad. I know how hasty you can be when it comes to killing, but I still want her to at least be breathing when you bring her to me.”

“I still haven’t gotten an answer from her yet. She’s not talking.” Joon replies, his hand rubbing his temple in frustration.

“Whao...whao…and when has this little issue ever stopped you from completing your job?” He asks in surprise. “She jumped off a cliff.” Joon simply retorts. *You’re en niece is insane.* He wanted to say.

“She’s fearless isn’t she? Hahahaha!” He roars in laughter expecting you to be this way. “I’m giving you only two weeks to pry that little shiet’s mouth open and make her talk. If you can’t do this job correctly, I’m done with you.” And clicks, he hangs up before Joon can say anything more. He hits his fist against the wall in anger. Your stubbornness is getting on his last nerve.

~End of Flashback~

~~~~~~

You POV

The veins in your neck bulges out as you continue to scream at the top of your lungs. The thought about losing yourself to this stranger, this murderer, is the last strength that pushes you to not give in. *Someone, anyone…save me!* Your heart yells out hysterically as you squirm frantically out of his grasp. Your hopelessness is killing you inside.

“Stop moving!” Joon shouts at you not letting go. He grabs onto your tank top and starts to rip it off of you. “P-please.” You manage to squeak breathlessly. Tears trickling out of your eyes like diamonds. Joon stares at you and a sudden reflect upon himself stops him immediately. The look in your teary eyes that are filled with so much sadness, pain, and innocence takes a blow at him. He slowly releases his tight hold on your wrists and you instantly push him off you as he stumbles backward on the bed, his mind still in a haze.     

You scramble as fast as you can off the bed, onto the floor, grabbing your torn up t-shirt. You crawl rapidly towards the corner of the wall and hug your knees together fearfully.

*Shiet. What the was I thinking? Why do I feel so…..bad?* Joon ponders inwardly. He gets off the bed, picks up his clothes and leaves the room banging the door shut behind him.

The toughness in you seems to have melted away. You feel disgusting and dirty including the fact that your clothes are now garbage as well. *erted bastard.* You sniffle and embrace your arms. You thought about how to escape, how to keep silent until the very end without having to go through this kind of ordeal ever again. *Appa, tell me, what should I do?*

~~~~~

Suengho, Mir, Beong Hee, and Sang Hyun watches a shirtless Joon walk out of the room with widen eyes. They stare at one another in total dismay. Joon walks down the hallway, enters his bedroom, and shuts the door angrily.

“Don’t tell me…” Mir drifts off as Beong Hee and Sang Hyun shrugs their shoulders. This was something new to them. Joon has never really interacted with anyone before, especially with a woman. “Must be his new way of killing.” Beong Hee assumes with a smile and Sang Hyun slaps his head. “Come on, let’s go.” And the three of them walks off except for Suengho who still stands there in shock. He gazes at your door not knowing what to do. *Joon wouldn’t do that. He’ll just kill her instead. He’s not the type to get involved with anyone.*

~~~~

Joon plops himself down onto a chair exhausted. He can’t take the image of you out of his mind. The tears, the pain, the desperate calls written over your face are gradually haunting him.

The only thing he has ever done since he started working for your uncle was assassinate. He lived a lonely life his entire childhood and he still does today. He taught himself how to fight in order to survive. An abandoned child who has no family, no one to love him, will never understand the pain of others. He’s not good at being patient.

Joon gets up and paces back and forth thinking of a plan. *What can I do to make her tell me?* This wasn’t going to be easy especially since torturing you isn’t working. You’re appearing much different to him then he has expected. *A weak person like you, how can you withstand everything up to this point and still be alive?* Joon lifts up his hand about to run it through his hair, but stops when he sees dried blood.

“What the…” This wasn’t coming from him. It’s not his blood. His mind then wonders to you. He stares at the clock. An hour has already gone by since his ‘attempted ’. “Damn.” He says defeated and goes into his drawers to grab the first aid kit.

Joon creeps to your room and opens the door slowly as possible making no sound. He peeks in, but doesn’t see you. He swings the door open in panic and walks towards the bed. You were lying on the cold floor, knees up to your chest, and your hands rests gently underneath your lips. Soft little hiccups can be heard coming from you due to all the excessive crying. Everything else that you went through that night has completely knocked you out. He stares at your figure and your clothes that he destroyed. Nasty bruises that cover your body are turning shades of dark blue and purple. Your face filled with tiny scratches and cuts and your injured knee exposed. It was too painful to even look at.

Joon squats down to you not knowing whether to wake you up or not. He reaches a hand out to you, but a voice in his mind stops him. *Don’t do it.* He pulls back and stands up. You shiver to the cold. He walks behind him and grabs the blanket on the bed and gently puts it over you. He then sets the medicine and bandages right beside you. With one last look, he turns off the light and leaves.

~~~~~~ It takes me an entire day to complete a chapter. Well, this one is just "ehh", but hope you enjoy :) thank you again for reading it even just viewing ahah. Annyeong!