Can't touch me..

A Reason to Live

 

(When I talk about Joon, ‘I’ will be change to ‘you’.)

“Joon, you’re the only one I can count on for this. It’s been 10 years and no one else seems to be taking me seriously. Get the girl. Do whatever you can to get the key from her or find out where she is hiding it. Also, bring her to me alive.” Your step uncle says devilishly and throws a picture of you across the table to him. Joon gives him a nod, bows, picks up your picture, and steps out of the room.  He had just come back to Seol from a previous killing in Busan that he finished up cleanly.

Joon quickly finds out your information and profile. He walks into his house and changes into new clothes. He pulls on some black jeans, a black v-neck t-shirt, and a leather jacket. He calls up a few gang members and heads out to find you. As he hops on his motorcycle, he pulls out your picture and stares at it. *A girl this time. Too easy…* He smirks.

~~~~~

“Granny! Let me help you!” I shout as I run to grab a sweet old lady’s heavy basket from her. “You shouldn’t be carrying such heavy things.” I smile at her as she beams at the sight of me.

“It’s been so long since I last saw you Min Hee-ah. How are you?” She questions me in concern.

“Sorry Granny. I’ve been so busy working that I haven’t been coming to help you sell your vegetables. Please forgive me.” I link my arms around hers’ as we walk along side by side towards her tiny house.

“Don’t be silly, I can handle this little work all by myself. I’m just worry about you. You need to take care of yourself more often. Omo! Look at you, so pale. If you keep this up, you will look like me very soon.” She jokes and pats my hand.

“If I look like you, that’ll be terrific. Your skin is still so beautiful! You have to share your secret with me.” I flatter her and wink as she laughs out loud.

“You always love to tease.” She says. As we walked up a small hill onto the front of her porch, I hand her basket to her and pull out an envelope filled with a bit of cash.  I then quickly stuff it into the pocket of her sweater as she refuses.

“Min Hee-ah! Don’t give me this! Keep it for yourself and buy some nice clothes to wear! You work so hard for this!” She nags in disapproval and starts to hand it back to me, but I swiftly run off waving.

“I will come visit you soon! Annyeong!” I laugh and departed my way. My smile turns into a sad frown as I tiredly rub the back of my neck while I kick a few pebbles along the way home. The sun is starting to set and the chilly breeze hits my skin. Truth is, I’ve been running and hiding again. This time was so close that I almost got caught. Ever since that night, I haven’t had a day of rest. They are getting closer and wiser as well. *Sigh…*I heave. * Just when I finally found a nice and peaceful place to settle down.* I pull my hood over my head to be safe. “FIGHTING!” I try to encourage myself.

In a split second I can hear faint noise of motorcycles coming my way. I look up instantly and see dust flying from miles away. My heart panics and my legs freeze in place. *Run you idiot!* I frantically tell myself. I won’t make it home at this rate. I turn the opposite direction and start running for my life. “AT LEAST GIVE ME A WARNING!!” I yell out loud. They seem to be getting closer and I pick up my pace. I don’t want to scare the people in town so I run past the small neighborhood into the fields of tall grass and rocky hills. *At least it would be harder to find me here.* I climb up a steep hill hoping to find a better hiding spot. By now, the sun has already set and the wind blew at me furiously. Down below me was the ocean.

“Hyung! I think I see her!” Mir shouts through his helmet. Seungho, Byunghee, and Sang Hyun follow closely behind. Everyone comes to a halt at the bottom of the hill and hops off their motorcycle. Joon takes off helmet and looks up towards you as you duck down behind a large rock. They all run up the hill after you.

*Damn it.* I clench my fist as they drew closer to me. I can hear foot steps behind me. I slowly stood up unafraid to face them. I’ve been through this too long and will never beg for mercy. If I don’t escape tonight, then so be it. The wind blew angrily as leaves dance around me. I turn around with my head held down and gave them an icy glare.

Joon and his gangs stood tall forming a circle around you. He stares at your petite figure *I can so easily grab her.* He starts walking towards you, but you step closer to the edge of the hill and he stops.

“Just cooperate and we won’t hurt you.” Seungho lied, but you were not swayed.

“Joon, she might jump.” Byunghee whispered. Joon shook his head knowing you wouldn’t do such a thing. He signals towards Sang Hyun.

 “Don’t make things difficult and just come here. We just want to talk with you.” Byunghee tries to distract you as Sang Hyun quietly and swiftly runs behind to grab you.

You are much quicker and have too much experience with this.

“I will never let you touch me.” With a smirk, you leaned back and let yourself freefall down into the ocean.

 

Your heart rapidly beating…

 

Ba-bump..Ba-bump…Ba-bump…

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry! Not interesting yet, but I hope you like it! :)

If it's confusing..do let me know.