Chapter 4 - Wreck That!

First, Admit Defeat

“We're seriously going to do this?” Yesung sighed, “Is it really necessary?”

 

Eunhyuk hung an arm around Yesung's neck, “hyung, it'll be fun.”

 

Shaking his head, Yesung smirked as he threw his arm over Eunhyuk's shoulder, “fine. Just don't say I didn't warn you when you piss them off.”

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk nodded as Kyuhyun and Kibum already headed off, Yesung ran to catch up with them. It was a new mission, sort of. They were all heading towards an old shelter that was nearly torn down years ago when there was a big gang fight, it belongs to one of the three major gangs that was involved in the brawl.

 

“I still don't understand why you guys want to do this, it'll just get us into unnecessary trouble,” Yesung shrugged.

 

Eunhyuk thought the question through a while before answering, “you know what they do and we don't like it, we're going to change that.”

 

“So full of morals, aren't we?” Donghae added sarcastically.

 

“We are,” Kibum replied grinning, “that's pretty much all we've got anyways.”

 

Kyuhyun shoved Kibum lightly, “speak for yourself, Bum, I've got brains.”

 

“Uh huh,” Donghae lazily uttered, he was used to Kyuhyun's egotism by now, he had to be, otherwise he would explode with disbelief.

 

Arriving at their destination, they hid themselves behind some bushes just in case men were resting in the shelter. They observed it for a while, taking every little crack of the building into consideration of their destructive plan.

 

“Where should we start?” Kibum asked.

 

“Do we ever have plans?” Eunhyuk replied.

 

“True.”

 

Silence hovered in the air, it was the first time they didn't know how to start.

 

“Let's start with the ceiling,” Yesung suggested.

 

“So much for 'this will cause us unnecessary trouble'”, Kyuhyun teased.

 

“Well, we're already here. Might as well make it a masterpiece,” Yesung replied with a smile.

 

They started destroying. Using anything they could pick up off the ground, pull off of trees, and some minor equipment they brought along with them. They didn't realize that, in the distance, some men were watching them with smirks on their faces.

 

“Naive,” one of them smirked.

 

“Simple,” another one of them continued.

 

“Young,” the last sighed admiringly.

 

“Let's go, we should report to the boss,” the first commanded, “he'll like this.”

 

 

“Sungmin, you eating alone?”

 

The five boys, exhausted from their labor, lazily seated themselves around the table with Sungmin, who properly consumed his meal.

 

“You all look really worked out, something happened?” Sungmin asked, wiping his lips with a napkin.

 

The boys looked at each other and smiled with satisfaction, “we did a little workout,” Eunhyuk replied. Sungmin accepted the answer, refraining from questioning them further.

 

“Ah! Do you guys know about the fair?”

 

Looking at one another again, the boys shrugged and returned their gaze to Sungmin.

 

“No?”

 

They all shook their head.

 

“You want to go?” Yesung asked, sitting up straight.

 

Sungmin nodded.

 

“What are you? A kid?” Kibum teased.

 

“He looks like one,” Eunhyuk added.

 

Sungmin lowered his head in disappointment, he hated being called a child.

 

“Oh look what you guys did,” Yesung scolded, “apologize.”

 

Kibum and Eunhyuk stared at each other, “he started it,” they said in unison as they pointed at each other.

 

“What are you two? Kids?” Kyuhyun imitated.

 

Kibum took a napkin from Sungmin and threw it at Kyuhyun, “sorry, Sungmin, I was just joking.”

 

Sungmin grinned, “gotcha.”

 

Eunhyuk and Kibum pulled more napkins off of Sungmin's tray and crunched them into balls, throwing them at Sungmin.

 

“Where's Donghae?” Sungmin asked, noticing his absence.

 

“Family stuff,” Yesung answered.

 

“Ahh.”

 

“A fair, huh?” Kyuhyun silently uttered, “Let's go to it.”

 

“Why the sudden desire?” Kibum asked.

 

Kyuhyun smiled, “we can bring girls with us,” he answered, winking.

 
“Since when were
you into girls?” Eunhyuk teased.

 

“Ever since I started hanging out with people like you.”

 

They started to plan for a day to visit the new fair none of them were aware of. They were relaxed, a bit too relaxed, so relaxed that they didn't realize they were being watched and observed the entire time.

 

“This is sad,” Kibum fumed, “I don't want to go with any girls.”

 

“You think you might be going gay?” Yesung joked.

 

“Not funny, hyung,” Kibum angrily scowled.

 

“Maybe you just haven't found a girl you like yet?” Eunhyuk tried to console.

 

“It's true, all the girls at this school ,” Kibum answered, “none of them are bad enough.”

 

“What's not bad enough?” Donghae asked, taking a seat in between Kyuhyun and Kibum.

 

“We're planning on going to the fair, Kyuhyun suggested that we bring some girls with us,” Sungmin explained, “but Kibum can't think of anyone to go with.”

 

“Bring your sister,” Donghae suggested.

 

“She's only seven,” Kibum laughed, “she'll be a hassle.”

 

Donghae shrugged, “bring your mom?”

 

“Really, Hae? Really?” Kibum rolled his eyes.

 

“Just giving you some ideas,” Donghae laughed.

 

“How are things at home?” Eunhyuk asked Donghae.

 

“Fine, just the usual family drama,” Donghae replied, taking a sip of Sungmin's drink.

 

“Oh, that's gross,” Yesung commented.

 

“I didn't touch it with my lips,” Donghae explained.

 

“Sure,” Kibum teased.

 

“Who are you bringing, Kyuhyun?” Yesung asked.

 

“I'm not sure yet, but I've got plenty to choose from,” he shrugged, “oh, my mom wants to invite you all to dinner, by the way.”

 

“Kidnapping you wasn't enough, huh? Seems like you're having a hard time satisfying her needs,” Kibum said sarcastically.

 

“You make it sound so wrong,” Kyuhyun retorted, “I'm afraid I cant, she's a scary lady.”

 

“I'm a bit nervous,” Eunhyuk admitted.

 

“About meeting my mom?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Yeah,” Eunhyuk replied.

 

“...why?”

 

“You've never told us anything about yourself, we know almost nothing about you and now suddenly you want us to meet your mom, it's a bit nerve wrecking,” Eunhyuk explained.

 

“Not to mention you keep calling her evil and scary,” Donghae added.

 

Kyuhyun laughed, “but it's all true. Don't worry about it though, she won't do anything, I won't let her. I'll even have her introduce some girls to you,” Kyuhyun winked.

 

They laughed the rest of lunch time off, joking and teasing each other as they always did. As usual, Sungmin mostly sat aside and listened to them, laughing along. Somehow, he just didn't feel as if he fit in with the rest of them, but it felt good to just stay beside them. Just sitting there, watching.