Chapter 15 - Unexpected Sleepover

First, Admit Defeat

The previous night was an exhausting one.

 

Kyuhyun spent the rest of the evening explaining to his buddies about his past and current situations. He gained their sympathy, barely, but he did gain a lot of their support. Laying on his bed yesterday night, he stepped deep into his mind to search his true wishes, desires and a method in which everything could end nicely. Slowly,  for the first time in a long while, he fell into peaceful slumber.

 

Kyuhyun awoke to a peck on his cheek. A cold sweet kiss.

 

“Kyuhyun, wake up,” a familiar voice called out to him.

 

He couldn't open his eyes, there was a bright white light shining on him.

 

“Kyuhyun, wake up,” the voice called again as the person smoothly caressed Kyuhyun's cheek. Kyuhyun struggled to open his eyes, but nothing would do.

 

The touch landed on his lips this time. Soft cotton-candy like lips landed on his and kissed him almost passionately, but the person broke it off before Kyuhyun could respond.

 

Kyuhyun clenched his fists, trying to force his eyes open, but it didn't work. Suddenly something soft landed hardly on Kyuhyun's face, “Cho Kyuhyun, I said wake up!”

 

Kyuhyun finally opened his eyes, standing before him was Sungmin but there was no bright light and no soft gentle touches or calling. It was just the same old tough Sungmin.

 

“What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asked while rubbing his eyes, “I was in the middle of a good dream.”

 

“I know,” Sungmin smirked.

 

Kyuhyun sat in bed confused, what did he mean by he knew?

 

“Anyways, let's go,” Sungmin said, walking over to Kyuhyun's bedside.

 

“Where?” Kyuhyun asked, “how did you get in here anyways?”

 

Sungmin ignored all of Kyuhyun's questions, “let's go!”

 

Kyuhyun reluctantly got out of bed to wash up and change. As Kyuhyun was in the shower, Sungmin went through several of Kyuhyun's artifacts, skimming around his room.

 

“Don't touch anything,” Kyuhyun suddenly screamed from the shower.

 

“I know,” Sungmin replied irritatedly, “you sound like grandma.” Sungmin slid his hand across Kyuhyun's desk, over his papers and around his bookshelf. Everything was organized very neatly.

 

“Hey, look at this!” Sungmin yelled, “It's a picture book!” Sungmin looked towards the shower just in case Kyuhyun would suddenly jump out to attack him, but there was no sign of that.

 

Sungmin pulled the picture book out and flipped through the pages, there were many photos of Kyuhyun's childhood, with his parents and friends but those only lasted one fourth of the book, the other three fourths were all of Sungmin and himself.

 

Sungmin smiled to himself, “good days,” he whispered. He set the book back on the shelf and sat on Kyuhyun's bed, waiting for him to finish. After a while, Kyuhyun finished cleaning up and came back into the room finding Sungmin napping on his bed.

 

He tucked Sungmin in and sat next to him, watching him sleep. He pulled a book off of his desk and started reading. An hour passed, two hours passed, but Kyuhyun continued to sit next to the sleeping Sungmin.

 

Once in a while Sungmin would moan or groan in his sleep and Kyuhyun found it really cute.

 

Sungmin tossed around in bed and his arm landed around Kyuhyun's waist, but Kyuhyun didn't push him away. Kyuhyun just let Sungmin lay there and eventually wrapped his hand around Sungmin's.

 

Kyuhyun didn't realize that Sungmin wasn't asleep anymore after the second hour, he was awake and grinning, trying his hardest to keep in his joy.

 

Kyuhyun set his book down at around the fourth hour and settled himself comfortably beside Sungmin, their faces were close and their hands were still linked.

 

Sungmin used this to his advantage and scooted into Kyuhyun's embrace. This was something they used to do as kids, they would snuggle together in bed. It was nostalgic for Kyuhyun.

 

After a while, both of them fell asleep together. They didn't notice that people had walked into the room and found them snuggled together in bed prosperously. They didn't notice the hours were going by quickly and Sungmin was missing out on what he was preparing for all morning. But it didn't matter anymore.

 

It wasn't until Sungmin realized that he was sweating that he woke up from his sleep and sat up in bed rubbing his forehead. Kyuhyun was already awake and watched him with a smile.

 

“Did you sleep well?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

Sungmin blushed and nodded.

 

“Good, now get out of my bed and take a shower, you're gross,” Kyuhyun demanded, sitting up to make room for Sungmin. Even though he complained, not one minute did he let go of Sungmin's hand or push him away during their nap.

 

Sungmin nodded and got out of bed. Kyuhyun gathered some clothes and towels for Sungmin and set them on the counter in the bathroom, “tell me if you need anything.”

 

Half an hour passed and Kyuhyun received a phone call.

 

“This is a dorm after all, some things should be done at home.”

 

It was Donghae and Eunhyuk.

 

“What are you talking about?” Kyuhyun asked, a bit flustered.

 

“We visited you about two hours ago,” Eunhyuk said, holding in his excitement as best as he could, “we didn't know that you and Sungmin were like that.”

 

Kyuhyun paused for a bit, “we're not. But you two should be the last to speak,” he countered. Donghae and Eunhyuk were silent, they couldn't say anything back.

 

“Well, we just wanted to tell you that we weren't the only ones who were there, the door wasn't locked when we got there,” Donghae explained.

 

“We called Yesung hyung and Kibum, but neither of them stopped by,” Eunhyuk added, “you got to be more careful.”

 

“Thanks,” Kyuhyun finally sighed, “I know, I'll be more careful from now on.”

 

At that, both sides hung up the phone and Sungmin entered the room clothed in Kyuhyun's casual wear that were a bit too big for him.

 

Kyuhyun went to look out the window, it was pitch black out side.

 

“Maybe you should just stay here for the rest of the night, it's too dangerous to go out now,” Kyuhyun said.

 

“It's ok, I'm not a girl,” Sungmin replied.

 

“No, but you're Lee Sungmin. A lot of people out there want a piece of you,” Kyuhyun teased.

 

Sungmin sat down in the desk chair and turned towards him, smirking, he asked “do you?”

 

Kyuhyun blushed and got back in bed, taking his book off of the desk. He didn't reply.

 

“Oh well, it's ok if you don't, like you said, many people out there do,” Sungmin bitterly stated, flipping through a random book on the desk with his chin propped on one hand.

 

Kyuhyun glanced up at Sungmin, chewing on the left side of his cheek.

 

“What?” Sungmin asked.

 

Kyuhyun just kept staring.

 

“What?” Sungmin repeated impatiently.

 

“You've fallen too deep,” Kyuhyun finally replied.

 

“What are you talking about?” Sungmin asked, crossing his arms.

 

Kyuhyun stood up and walked up to Sungmin, leaning over to close the distance between them. He locked lips with Sungmin. Sungmin tried to push him away, but Kyuhyun grasped onto his arms and held them behind his back.

 

Kyuhyun stared straight into Sungmin's eyes as he kissed him. The kiss was rough at first, but slowly it became more gentle until Sungmin bit him.

 

“I'm not a girl,” Sungmin said, pushing Kyuhyun off.

 

“No, but you're weak,” Kyuhyun laughed, “I knew it.”

 

“What?” Sungmin asked.

 

“The same lips, you kissed me this morning didn't you?” Kyuhyun asked slyly with a grin on his face.

 

“I did,” Sungmin shrugged.

 

“Why did you lie?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“I didn't lie, you never asked,” Sungmin replied.

 

“I guess you've got a point, but that also proves my point, you've fallen too deep.”

 

Sungmin took a seat next to Kyuhyun, “I might have fallen deep, but you've fallen deeper.”

 

Kyuhyun didn't reply but he knew it was true. Sungmin was like poison, intoxicating but full of hazards. He couldn't get enough but was too afraid to ask for more. He had fallen deeper for Sungmin than anything else in the world. Drugs couldn't be as addicting.

 

Sungmin leaned on Kyuhyun, his head on Kyuhyun's shoulders, as he whispered to him.

 

“Some day, Cho Kyuhyun, some day you will come to me.”