Kidnapped Once Again

First, Admit Defeat

It was a new day. Kyuhyun could hear the chirping of the birds outside of his window as the sun shone brightly on his face. He rubbed his eyes and stared at the carvings on his ceiling; they were beautiful, shaded in a nice creamy brown color. Wait �“ this wasn't his room!

“Crap,” Kyuhyun scowled as he tried to sit up on the bed. His arms were tied together with a thick line of rope. “What the...” he silently groaned to himself as he realized his legs were also bound tightly. “Lee Sungmin, I know it's you! Get your face over here, now!”

Kyuhyun could hear several footsteps coming in his direction, it was definitely more than one person that was approaching him. They stopped right outside of his room,

“Promise me you won't be mad,” Kyuhyun heard. The voice was immediately recognized by him.

“Sungmin, just come in and untie me,” Kyuhyun tried to demand as calmly as he could. “It hurts,” he added, trying to use the guilt trick on him.

The door creaked open slightly but was quickly pulled shut, “don't give in that easily, make him promise you first!” The second voice was immediately recognized by Kyuhyun as well.

“I swear, if you guys don't untie me right now you better hope I never get free!”

Gasps could be heard from behind the door, “he recognizes us!”

“You have the ugliest voice anyone can find, Donghae, of course I recognize it. If you're here, that means Eunhyuk is bound to be around. Let me guess, Kibum's present as well.” Pushing and arguing could be heard clearly in the direction of the exit, Kyuhyun laughed silently to himself before he shouted again. “Just come in and let me go!”

The door finally opened and the five stepped in, “Sungmin told us a little about you and your situation at home, he really wants you to talk to your dad. Just once,” Eunhyuk attempted, flashing his lashes at Kyuhyun.

“If you promise us you'll go, then we'll unbind you,” Donghae added, clasping his hands together in a plead.

“I've got nothing to do with this,” Kibum clarified, “I just came to watch the show.”

“Tch,” Kyuhyun tisked, “it's not as easy as it seems. You've only heard one side of the story, you can't work with that kid just because of what he told you. He's biased.”

Kibum stepped over to Kyuhyun angrily, “well, if a certain someone was willing to share his problems with us when we asked him to, then this wouldn't happen now would it?” Kibum crossed his arms and glared at Kyuhyun.

“I can't believe you're still angry about that,” Kyuhyun shook his head, “I know it's not right for me to hide my issues from you guys, I just didn't want to burden all of you with my problems. We all have our own problems, you guys really don't need more added to your plate.” Eunhyuk shoved Kyuhyun's shoulder lightly.

No one noticed that Sungmin had started tearing up. Slowly making his way over to Kyuhyun, he kneeled beside him on the bed and held Kyuhyun's roped fists in his hand, “Kyuhyun, please. Listen to me just this once, just this once. Is it so hard?” Kyuhyun felt a stab of pain hit him in the chest but he turned to look out the window, holding back the sour feeling seeping behind his eyes.

“Min, I can't.”

Sungmin pouted and stood, “why not? Why is it so hard?” Donghae, Eunhyuk and Kibum walked to a corner of the room in attempt to give the two some space. When Sungmin started bawling, Donghae took the chance to free Kyuhyun from his shackles.

“Thanks, Hae,” Kyuhyun said as he rubbed his wrists. Donghae retreated back to his corner with Eunhyuk wrapping his arms around him, they had no idea what they should do in this situation.

“Min...” Kyuhyun tried to comfort as he set an arm on Sungmin's shoulder. “I'm sorry, Min... but I really can't.” Sungmin threw Kyuhyun's arm off of his shoulder and glared at him straight in the eyes; his eyes were red and puffy but he bit on his lips to prevent himself from shaking. “Why do you want me to see him so bad? I'm not really his kid, we have nothing to do with each other. If it weren't for what happened between him and mom, I would be more than glad to go back with you, Min, but I can't.”

“Y-you don't e-even know what h-happened,” Sungmin chocked. He tried to hide his face with his hands, secretly attempting to brush off some tears, but Kyuhyun pulled his hands away and swept the trickle of tears for him.

“What do you mean?” Kyuhyun asked, turning to seek his buds for help. They shrugged at him.

“I can't t-tell y-you,” Sungmin gasped, trying to catch his breath. Kyuhyun smiled at how cute Sungmin was acting at the moment, he was like a child who was lost in the middle of no where. “That's w-why I want y-you t-to t-talk to d-dad,” he continued. Kyuhyun pulled him in and kissed him lightly on the forehead.

“Min... I... I really...” Kyuhyun to to explain but couldn't find an excuse. Kibum patted him on the shoulder and looked into his eyes sternly,

“Just go, Kyu, it's not just for your dad anymore. Now it's for everyone; you, Sungmin, your mom, your dad and Sungmin's mom. It involves too many people, you can't just ignore it.”

Kyuhyun pondered on what Kibum had just told him for a few seconds before turning to Sungmin who was now staring at him with watery puppy eyes. “Aish,” Kyuhyun scowled. Donghae coughed to get Kyuhyun's attention and Eunhyuk nodded at him, “fine. I'll go, just once.”

-----

The next day, after giving Kyuhyun proper time to prepare himself for this upcoming event, Sungmin and Kyuhyun both headed to the place he once had so many memories.

“Do you ever miss this place?” Sungmin asked, linking his fingers with Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun shook his head and Sungmin pouted, “never?”

“Not once,” Kyuhyun shrugged, looking over at Sungmin he found Sungmin pouting his lips into a cute curve. “That doesn't mean I didn't miss you,” Kyuhyun added, flicking Sungmin's lips lightly with his free hand.

“So you admit that you missed me,” Sungmin replied triumphantly. Kyuhyun didn't bother countering that because it was true. It was great seeing Sungmin's smile after causing him so many tears. “You didn't miss dad? Not at all?”

Kyuhyun threw an arm over Sungmin's shoulder, “I never had a father, Min. This man you call dad isn't my father, he was merely a man that was once in my life. But that doesn't mean I didn't miss him, he was good to me for a short period of time after all.”

“He never intended to shut you out,” Sungmin added, wrapping an arm around Kyuhyun's waist, Kyuhyun smiled weakly. They were now walking up the steps to the house, no, the mansion. The closer they got to the door, the more nervous they got. Sungmin knocked several times and Kyuhyun expected to see the butler who once took very good care of him,

“Welcome home, Sungmin,” a foreign voice greeted, “you too, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun cocked his head to the side, trying to remember this voice that sounded so foreign, yet, at the same time so familiar to him. He nodded as Sungmin replied, “hi, mom.” Upon hearing that it was Sungmin's mother, Kyuhyun quickly bowed respectfully, hoping to give her a good impression of himself. What was he doing? Trying to be a good 'boyfriend'?

“You don't have to be so formal, Kyuhyun,” she smiled, “we're all family here.” Kyuhyun only smiled simply at her, he didn't know what to say to that.

They walked into the house and down a long hallway towards a room with a sign that labeled it the Office Room. Sungmin knocked twice and a voice permitted them to enter.

Sitting in the back of the room was an old man. His hair was graying and his skin was wrinkly; he looked tired and was dressed in a simple suit uniform. This wasn't how Kyuhyun remembered his father to be. The man he once called father always dressed in a clean cut suit attire, not one segment of his clothing could be ruffled of messy.

“Kyuhyun,” he groaned weakly. Kyuhyun's eyes narrowed suspiciously, that wasn't a voice he recognized either. The man he once called father always spoke with a strict and strong voice; his tone was always stern and scary deep. “I'm s-so glad to see you again,” his father chocked, his eyes started to water as his face scrunched into a grateful smile.

“Are you?” Kyuhyun asked coldly, “I never belonged here.”

“No,” Sungmin stepped up, making his way towards his fathers side, “you always belonged here, Kyuhyun. We were the ones who didn't belong.”