Chapter 3 - Kidnapped!

First, Admit Defeat

“I'm serious, Kyuhyun, we aren't joking.”

 

The men surrounded Kyuhyun in a big black truck, they weren't afraid he'd escape but they needed him to feel the pressure anyways.

 

“I get it, sheesh, I wasn't going to say anything to begin with, but now that you guys are all fussing about it, it makes me want to do otherwise,” Kyuhyun threatened, smiling playfully at the men.

 

“Kyuhyun, this is serious,” one of the men pleaded, “it's only going to hurt them. We know you're the last person who would want to hurt anyone, especially him.”

 

“You don't know that for sure, hyung,” Kyuhyun said, scooting closer, “it's times like these that makes a person change.”

 

The man leaned back in his seat, “Kyuhyun, we know you understand the importance of this matter, I know you won't do anything foolish.”

 

“Poor choice of trust,” Kyuhyun sighed.

 

“Your mom wants to see you.”

 

“I told her not to worry, I already called her a few days ago,” Kyuhyun groaned, “I really don't want to go back, hyung.”

 

“Well, don't have much of a choice now, do you?”

 

The engine of the car started running, before Kyuhyun even realized it they were already on their way towards his residence. Kyuhyun could only throw himself back in his chair, uttering some words to himself.

 

“Hankyung hyung, I'm going to remember this.”

 

“I hope you do,” the man answered, his arms crossed a wide grin spread across his face, “I hope you do.”

 

 

“Kyuhyun! Mom missed you so much!”

 

The lady ran towards Kyuhyun, her arms held wide open. He allowed her to embrace him, those arms that grasped onto him tightly.

 

“Did you miss me?” she asked, turning him around in circles, “I missed you so much!”

 

“Mom, we just saw each other less than two weeks ago,” he sighed, stopping her by grabbing her arms.

 

“You're right, that's absolutely too long! Too long! How could I have waited two weeks before calling you here again?!” she scolded herself.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and observed her, “you've lost weight again, what's wrong with you?” he asked, holding her face in his hands.

 

“Diet! A woman's got to keep her figure, no matter how old, especially since I'm a member of the Cho family, I must keep my image!”

 

Shaking his head, he took a seat on the sofa, “you care too much.”

 

“You don't care enough! But let's not get into that, sweetheart. How's school?”

 

“Fine,” he answered shrugging his shoulders.

 

“You never introduce me to your friends, you should bring them over sometime. I'll make them a nice meal,” she cheerily exclaimed, moving her hands in cooking motion.

 

Kyuhyun laughed, “I don't want my friends to die yet.”

 

“What are you talking about? I'm great at cooking!”

 

Kyuhyun turned around to completely face her, “in your imaginary world you are. I stopped eating your food the moment I was able to say no.”

 

Taking a pillow, his mother smacked him on the head, “that's because you're a terrible child!”

 

“That's where I get my violence from,” Kyuhyun teased, “I'll bring them over sooner or later, maybe later than sooner though.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Secret,” he whispered, holding a finger to his lips, “top secret.”

 

Kyuhyun's mom smiled at him. He was always a child in front her, he always knew how to make her laugh, he was her treasure. He spent the rest of the day with her, feeling apologetic for meeting with her so little. He was all she had now, all she wanted.

 

 

Kyuhyun spotted his buddies, sitting in the middle of the commons, where almost every student hung out, in the school. He ran up to them, trying to give them the friendliest greeting he could.

 

“Hey boys, so sorry about yesterday!” he shouted, throwing an arm over Kibum and Yesung's shoulder. All of them, aside from Yesung, ignored him.

 

“They're all mega angry at you,” Yesung warned, patting Kyuhyun on the back.

 

“I'm sorry I worried you guys,” Kyuhyun apologized, completely embracing Kibum from the back, “oh, come on, I didn't mean it.”

 

Kibum continued to stare away from Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun moved on to Donghae and Eunhyuk, “I swear, I was kidnapped.”

 

Eunhyuk, the easiest one to give in, turned to Kyuhyun, “kidnapped? By who?”

 

“By a scary lady! She's skinny and mean, she beat me!” Kyuhyun exaggerated, pointing at his head.

 

Donghae lifted an eyebrow and inspected closer at Kyuhyun's head. Exchanging looks with Kibum, they both shoved Kyuhyun's head lightly.

 

“Doesn't seem like much damage was done,” Donghae monotonously said.

 

“Until just now,” Yesung laughed.

 

“No, really though, where were you?” Eunhyuk questioned.

 

“I was kidnapped, I told you,” Kyuhyun repeated.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, if you don't tell the truth right now, I swear this fist is going to land right on the top of that head of yours,” Kibum threatened.

 

Donghae finally gave in and started laughing along with Eunhyuk and Yesung. Kyuhyun took Kibum's fist and rested it to his side.

 

“My mom, she kidnapped me. She sent those evil looking men to catch me, I had to go, they wouldn't even let me say goodbye. I thought she'd never let me leave,” Kyuhyun complained.

 

“Your mom? You don't live with her?” Donghae asked.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head, “I told you, she's evil.”