Chapter 1 - Idiots

First, Admit Defeat

“On the count of three! 1... 2... GO!”

 

“Hurry up Kyu, you'll get caught!” Donghae screamed as a group of boys sprinted from an old broken building into an alley.

 

“Hae, over here!” Eunhyuk shouted, dashing through a door.

 

They all fell to the floor as they entered the dark room one by one, short of breath and strength-less. They all laughed at each others dumb acts and at how clueless others were.

 

“I really don't understand what you did that for,” Yesung complained, “better yet, why did I have to run with you guys?”

 

Wiping the sweat off of his forehead, Kibum laughed, “hyung, it's because everyone knows you hang out with Kyu too much.”

 

Collapsing on the ground, they started making fun of each other and enjoying the day as rebels, as usual. They never did anything harmful but they liked to destruct things. They were only glad that they didn't give a try at self-destruction.

 

“You're thinking about the test next class, aren't you?” Yesung asked, turning to Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun grinned slyly, “I'm not worried about it, I always do good without even trying.”

 

Eunhyuk threw something he picked up off the ground at Kyuhyun, “shut up, show off.”

 

They started throwing things at each other, wishing that this moment would never end. They really didn't want to go to class.

 

“Hae, I heard you have to share the desk you've been keeping to yourself,” Eunhyuk teased, shoving Donghae onto the ground.

 

“Yeah, stupid new student. The class is so full, I don't understand why they don't send him to F2,” Donghae complained, scolding the new student as well as the teachers.

 

“You're so small, I don't think you need all that space anyways,” insulted Kibum, sticking his tongue out at Donghae.

 

“Bum, you know better than to joke about Hae's size, he'll seriously get mad at you,” Eunhyuk warned, turning fearfully towards Donghae.

 

“Whatever,” Donghae retorted, “do I look like a girl? I don't care about stuff like that,” he pouted, crossing his arms.

 

“However small he is, he sure can cause damage,” Kyuhyun suddenly stated, standing by the door. He was watching the old building fall slowly to the ground, piece by piece. “That was mainly all Donghae.”

 

The four others all ran to Kyuhyun and watched the building fall as well.

 

“You know, if that building was taken care of it could've been a home to some homeless people,” Yesung added, leaning against the door.

 

“You know, if people were less heartless we could all be nice people,” Kibum impersonated Yesung's tone. Yesung punched Kibum in the arm, causing Kibum to hiss.

 

The school bell started ringing, hesitantly the boys gathered themselves and headed to class. Eunhyuk and Kibum were the only two who were in a separate class from the other three, they were very behind in education, but it was only because they never tried.

 

“See ya later,” they waved to the three as they parted ways.

 

“See you two at the usual after class,” Donghae yelled out as they disappeared into the distance, “I really don't want to go to class.”

 

Kyuhyun threw an arm around Donghae's neck, “you're going to fail the test.”

 

Donghae slammed his elbow towards Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun dodged it, “I studied.”

 

“Did you?” Yesung laughed, “I really doubt it.”

 

“Why?” asked Donghae.

 

Yesung thought to himself for a moment, “you have a lot going on at home, I doubt you have enough peace to actually study.”

 

Yesung and Kyuhyun were practically inseparable, they were always together, which meant Donghae was the isolated one in class. Donghae sat in the front right corner of the room, by the teacher, while Yesung and Kyuhyun sat towards the back left corner of the room. They were exceptionally far away from each other.

 

As they headed towards their seats, Donghae threw his bag onto the chair next to his and hid his face in his arms perched on the desk. He was mentally preparing himself for the test.

 

“He's so cute when he's frustrated,” Yesung shouted to Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun laughed as Donghae, as well as the rest of the class, turned to them, “I heard you, idiot.”

 

Shrugging, Kyuhyun and Yesung started rummaging through their bags for their utensils, the teacher entered the room with a foreign face.

 

“Alright, class. We have a new student today,” she introduced.

 

“Halfway through the semester,” Kyuhyun teased without looking up.

 

Yesung watched as the new student hung his head low, blushing and shaking nervously, “he reminds me of someone.”

 

Kyuhyun looked up at Yesung, who had a perplexed expression on, and turned to the new student. A slim body, thick lips and sly eyes.

 

“I got nothing,” Kyuhyun said, returning to rummaging through his bag, “I swear I put that stupid study guide in here last night.”

 

“Last night?” Yesung questioned, “Ah, didn't you let Hae borrow it last night?”

 

They both turned to Donghae, who held the sheet of paper up and stuck his tongue out at them.

 

The teacher finished up introducing the new student, urging the student to introduce himself.

 

“H-hi, my name is Lee Sungmin, nice to meet you,” he stuttered.

 

Kyuhyun started to lose his patience as he glanced towards the teacher and Sungmin, then back to the teasing Donghae.

 

Finally, the teacher allowed Sungmin to take the seat next to Donghae.

 

“Donghae, move your bag, you idiot,” Yesung shouted, the entire class started laughing. Donghae turned around and found Sungmin waiting for him to remove his bag.

 

“My bad,” Donghae apologized, moving his bag.

 

Suddenly, the paper was snatched from Donghae, “I'll be taking this,” Kyuhyun said, turning back to his seat, “you've got a bad guard, Hae.”

 

Donghae threw his paper at Kyuhyun and was scolded by the teacher, “alright, test time.”

 

Yesung and Kyuhyun took the test lightheartedly, but Donghae was extremely frustrated, he always was during any test but he would always end up doing better than he expected.

 

Sungmin wasn't exempt from the test, he had to take it as well, but one couldn't tell what was running through his mind. Those sly eyes... eyes like that of a fox, eyes that would linger in Yesung's mind for a while longer.

 

Who did he remind Yesung of?