A Pink City Bunny

City Bunnies

Himchan was in the back of the store sitting in the closet-size office. He was often surprised that a desk fit inside. Like the door said, he was the manager of the tiny corner convenience store. He stood up and started to stretch but quickly stopped when his hands felt the air blowing from the fan above him. Himchan crawled out of the tiny office and stretched comfortably. He walked down the narrow hall toward the main part of the store with his arms above his head.

“Yooougjaaae,” Himchan whined at his employee. “The office is so tiny.”

“Mmmm,” was the only reply he got.

“Yah! Don’t been like that, we have to work together all day for the rest of the summer. Right, Daehyun?” Himchan waited for a reply, but none came. He looked around for Daehyun, but only saw Youngjae playing with his phone. “Where is Daehyun?”

Youngjae looked up from his phone, and then looked around the store.

“Not here.” Youngjae made eye contact with Himchan. His boss shot him a look. Looking down at his phone, Youngjae replied, “I text him.”

Himchan grumbled. Damn kid is late for his first eight hour shift. It’s the first day of summer break, he could at least start off strong. The door slid open and someone ran in. The kid was out of breath. He had light brown hair and big full lips.

“Sorry, Boss.” Daehyun panted, “My friend wanted to color my hair, but since I had so much school work we didn’t have time during the school year, but now that it is summer I have to work all day so we can’t do it during the day, so she colored it last night and-”

“Your h-h-hair…” Himchan stuttered, “The owner she’s going to be so mad. She specifically had all of us bleach our hair. Now you’ve gone and changed it without asking her.”

“But it looks better. How can she be mad when she see how good it looks?”

“Since he changed his hair, can I?” Youngjae looked at him boss. Shock spread itself across Himchan’s face. The two employees bust up laughing at the look on their boss' face.

“He still hasn’t noticed your hair,” Daehyun managed between laughs.

“What? What is that supposed to mean?” Himchan grabbed Youngjae’s head and inspected it roughly. “What is-”

Himchan let go of Youngjae’s head, “Y-y-you... half of your hair is gone.”

Himchan’s employees laughed at him again. Himchan slowly stumbled back toward his office. He was gonna need a drink later. Noona is going to punish us.