Dancing Green City Bunny: Part II

City Bunnies

 

 

 

 

Daehyun grabbed his lunch from his backpack that he stored in the tiny office. Himchan was facedown in paperwork. He’s probably sleeping…or pretending to be.

“That’s not gonna make it disappear.”

A groan came from the paperwork.

“I’m going to the park for lunch.”

Another groan rose from the pile. Daehyun laughed as he crawled his way out of the office. He nodded to Youngjae when he passed the counter. The doors opened and he started towards the park. When he arrived he listened for the noisy rappers, but it was pretty quiet. No entertainment today… Daehyun walked around the park searching for the best spot. Someone was dancing on one of the paths that ran through the park. Daehyun watched for awhile. Entertainment? He stood drawn in the by the dancer. He hadn’t realized how focused he become until the dancer stopped. The dancer looked around as if checking for someone spying on him. He looked at Daehyun. Wait…tokki… Daehyun squinted at the dancer. Is that the hot, dorky tokki… The dancer continued to look at Daehyun. He started walking toward the dancer.

“Yah, tokki,” Daehyun shouted as he made his way, “Do you always practice here in the park?”

Jongup felt his body tense at the word “tokki.” , another trouble maker from that store, can’t I meet any normal people in the park, or at least ones I don’t have to worry about? Maybe I should stop dancing here. Jongup blew out the air that had been in his lungs.

“You work with Youngjae, right?” Jongup put on a neutral face as Daehyun came within talking distant.

“Yep, so you come here to dance?” Daehyun smiled at Jongup expectantly.

“That’s right, sometimes I hang with Yongguk and Zelo. You?”

“Yea, those idiots are generally my entertainment during lunch.” Daehyun laughed.

Jongup smiled at Daehyun’s laugh, “They are such dweebs, using the kids as a practice audience. Guess they have a some-what-mature audience as well.”

“Yah, I am a mature audience. Where are they today?”

“Yongguk had work and Zelo is sick.”

“Hmm, so I need some new entertainment. Wanna fill in for them?” Daehyun smirked at Jongup. He’s switching gears already. Guess that meat stick comment wasn’t as innocent as I first thought. Images of the night Youngjae slammed him against the wall filled his head. Is this cheating? Grr, either way it will be too complicated.

“Depends on what you define entertainment as?”

“It would just so happen I have a meat stick today, want it?”

Jongup's face heated up. Doesn’t miss a beat does he. Daehyun opened his lunch and shuffled around in it while walking towards a bench.

“We can have lunch together,” Daehyun looked over at Jongup who still hadn’t sat down. When he saw Jongup’s flushed cheeks, Himchan’s voice mocked him. Damn. Daehyun’s face went red as he tried to figure out how to change the mood. “I-I-I tried flirting with you in the store, b-but it wasn’t really as smooth as I thought it would be. I didn’t mean anything by what I just said. I really have a one.”

Daehyun pulled a meat stick of his lunch. Jongup watched the blushing Daehyun try to explain. Do I really feel disappointed right now? Jongup hopped over to the seat trying to lighten the mood. Daehyun stopped talking and watched. He smiled gratefully at Jongup.

“I like meat sticks.” Jongup put his hand out toward Daehyun, he quickly dropped his head into the hand as Daehyun face went red again. “This is gonna be weird no matter what. I gonna called this kind of meat stick, snack, and the other kind…”

Jongup looked away as he trailed off. He eyes got distant.

“Want the snack…?” Daehyun asked shyly. Jongup nodded and took the snack. They began eating in silence.

“So working at the store is full time or part time?”

“I’m still in high school but it’s summer so I have full time shifts for now.”

Jongup nodded, “I also attend high school, but my aunt brought me down here for the summer. She gave me my own apartment. She likes to spoil me.”

“Your own place, bet it’s nice.”

“Sometimes, it can get lonely, especially if I don’t see her for days on end.”

“You also hang with Yongguk and Zelo now too.”

“Yea, and coming here and dancing helps.”

“We could always hang if you get too bored.” Daehyun pulled out his phone. “What your number?”

Jongup smiled, he said he wasn’t smooth. Jongup took the phone punching in his number.

“Send me a text so I can put your number in.” Jongup’s phone buzzed and he quickly checked it. ‘^_^’ He looked over at Daehyun who was mimicking the text. Jongup laughed as he typed Daehyun’s number under ‘Meat Stick.’ He raised it for Daehyun to see earning him a laugh. Jongup took a picture of his half eaten meat stick attaching it to the number. Daehyun held up his phone and Jongup read ‘Tokki’ on the screen. He bust up laughing.

“Ah!” Daehyun cried out while looking at his phone, “my break is over.” Daehyun quickly picked up his lunch and started walking off. He looked back at Jongup who looked as if he was sad to see Daehyun go. He moved faster than Jongup had expected but when he turned back Jongup felt a small spark of happiness.

“Text me if you get bored, otherwise, see you at lunch sometime.” Daehyun smiled with pouty lips.