A Yellow City Bunny

City Bunnies

 

 

The first week of summer break was entertaining as the owner did indeed punish them for changing their hair. However it was Himchan who bore the worst of the punishment. He didn’t even change his hair, the amused Youngjae thought. He found even more pleasure in how the owner saw fit to punish Himchan. Noona is an evil genius, I should take notes. Himchan had to stand outside and greet the customers. It wouldn’t have been as horrible if Himchan had been forced to wear pants that cut off his circulation. She didn’t even allow him a baggy shirt, our sales were probably worse that day.

Youngjae had been taking his breaks at a nearby park. When he went there during the first week he noticed that there was a giant rapping to the kids. It wouldn’t have been important if it hadn’t happened everyday. It was Youngjae’s fifth day of see the giant when he finally decided to ask one of the kids.

“Excuse me, who’s the giant?” Youngjae asked a group of little girls who also had been watching the giant.

“Zelo-oppa!” they squealed together.

“Ah, and he just comes here to rap to you kids?”

“Huh, no, he's gonna kill everybody in the battle with his badass rappin’!” one of the girl yelled proudly.

“Yah, where did you learn such bad words? It’s so impolite.”

“Zelo-oppa!” they shouted together, then ran off.

“Tch.” Zelo-oppa is a bad influence. Battle…what were they talking about?

 

Youngjae returned to work and was surprised to see Himchan on the verge of crying.

“Hyung, what’s wrong?” Youngjae asked. Daehyun popped up from one of the aisles.

“Noona is still punishing him. We have to go to a rap battle and hand out flyers for the store.”

“I didn’t even know the store did that.”

“We don’t!” Himchan wailed. Youngjae looked at Daehyun for an answer.

“We have to wear whatever Noona wants.” Daehyun replied.

 

Youngjae was expecting Noona to put Himchan in tight pants, but all of them were forced to wear them. At least we have jackets. Daehyun was digging his backpack. He stood up while messing with something around his neck. He turned toward Youngjae wearing a mask. Youngjae stared at Daehyun for a moment.

“You wouldn’t happen to have-” Youngjae started to ask.

“No comment.”

Youngjae sighed, He probably has another one. Himchan came from the back dragging his feet the whole way. He looks so pathetic.

“You’re not the only one wearing them this time.” Youngjae watched Himchan’s face slightly brighten, then fade. He raised his hands which were filled with the flyers.

“Take some.”

Daehyun and Youngjae took their share of the flyers before leaving the store. They all started walking toward the park. Himchan walked with his head down while shoving flyers at people as he walked.

“Why don’t we just throw them away?” Youngjae asked suddenly. Himchan turned and looked at him.

“Go ahead, try that.”

Try that? Youngjae stopped at a trash can and dropped the papers in. He started to walk away when his phone began to ring. He pulled it out glancing at the number. Who’s this? He pushed the talk button.

“Hello? Who is this?”

Himchan had stopped walking to listen to Youngjae's conversation. He looked back at Youngjae whose face had paled. Daehyun glanced at his boss who was watching Youngjae. They both watched Youngjae as he bowed and hung up, then fished the papers out of the trash. He caught up with other two. Daehyun stared at Youngjae who felt that Daehyun trying to burn a hole into his head.

“Noona called.”

The rest of the night went smoothly minus the comments and jokes. When all the flyers had been passed out, Youngjae and the others actually started enjoying the rap battle. One of the rappers had a surprisingly deep voice which Himchan enjoyed copying. They continued to watch the other performances until someone bumped into Himchan. Looks like the rapper from the stage.

“Yah, do you normally block walkways?!” A deep voice shouted at Himchan. Sounds like him too.

“Yah, do you normally walk without looking?” Himchan yelled back in a similar deep voice. Idiot, you sound like you're making fun of him.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Youngjae walked over hoping to smooth things over. “Sorry, my hyung can be rude.”

The rapper looked at Youngjae for a second, then turned his attention to the stage. Youngjae also looked and became engrossed by current rapper. Youngjae recognized the giant from the park. Guess that practice paid off.