A White City Bunny

City Bunnies

 

 

About two weeks had passed since the rap battle. It had been pretty calm, if Daehyun didn’t include the two dorks at the park. They were always practicing their rapping on the kids. He started eating his lunch at the park so he ended up hanging out with them. He had heard both of them perform on stage and was impressed. The one with a deep voice had been announced as Jepp Blackman but his name was Yongguk, and the other one went by Zelo. They entertained Daehyun during the past two weeks. After having lunch at the park, Daehyun returned to the store to find Youngjae listening to his music. Daehyun nodded to him, then took his stuff to the back. When he came to the front, Youngjae took his headphones off.

“You won’t believe what kind of customer hopped in while you were gone.”

“Eh?” Daehyun encouraged Youngjae to continue.

“This guy came in and literally hopped around the store.” Youngjae looked at Daehyun, “Then he asked me if I saw any dogs or hawks.”

“Tokki…?” Daehyun cocked his head as he replied.

“He just needed ears,” Youngjae laughed.

 

Daehyun hadn’t completely believed that someone had come into the store hopping around like a rabbit. At least not until it happened to him. A tall guy hopped by the store windows, then paused as the doors opened. Ah, no way. Youngjae was telling the truth. Daehyun watched the tall guy hop through the store until he found what he wanted then hop towards the counter. Daehyun couldn’t help but smile when he saw it was Zelo. I should have known. Zelo bounced forward until he reached the counter. He set down some food then bound away. Zelo went to refrigerators and began looking at the drinks. Youngjae came back from visiting the tiny office. He didn’t look up until he was behind the counters. Zelo had picked a drink and came bouncing back. Zelo sent his drink on the counter and looked at Daehyun.

“Oh, Hyung.” Zelo smiled at Daehyun.

“Tokki?” Daehyun asked pointing his thumb over his shoulder while looking at Youngjae for conformation. Youngjae shook his head. Daehyun turned back to Zelo, “You wouldn’t happen to know any other rabbits, would you?”

Zelo let out a laugh, then turned towards the windows and waved. Another guy came hopping towards the doors. This one had brown hair. He wore baggy pants and a wife beater. Tough guy hopping…dork. Daehyun had to clear his throat to keep from laughing. He pouted his lips off to the side as the other guy reached the counter. Daehyun got a better look at the guy’s face. Hot dork.

“Jongup-hyung,” Zelo threw his arms up, “They were asking for another rabbit and the only one I know is you.”

“Tokki…” Daehyun looked over at Youngjae. Please be him. Youngjae nodded. Daehyun looked back at Zelo and the tokki named Jongup. “So you’re the rabbit who came in during Youngjae’s shift, Jongup was it?”

“Youngjae…?”

Daehyun pointed in his co-worker’s direction.

“Oh, yes.” Jongup nodded and then turning to Youngjae, “You’ve been well?”

“Well, I haven’t run into any dogs or hawks.” Youngjae responded with a smirk. Jongup laughed but managed to mask it with a cough. “But, you know, rabbits are vegetarians.”

“Huh?” Jongup looked confused.

“Beef soup and meat sticks aren’t quite the staple food of rabbits.”

“A rabbit that likes meat sticks?” Daehyun grinned leaning towards Jongup slightly, “You like meat sticks…”

Jongup responded by smiling and nodding. Jongup suddenly stopped and stared at Daehyun. Oh, did he get that?

“Zelo, I just remember I forgot something at home, we should hurry and get it before Yongguk-hyung shows up.” Jongup hadn’t taken his eyes off Daehyun.

“Mmmm,” Zelo responded while Daehyun scanned his items. Daehyun could feel Jongup still watching him. Daehyun wasn’t sure if was a good thing or not. Did I scare him… When Daehyun finished ringing up the items, Zelo handed him the money. Zelo grabbed his bag and the two hopped out. Sticking to it ‘til the end, huh?

“You like meat sticks…? Do you attempt hit on every rabbit that hops in here?”

Daehyun looked over at Youngjae but he was looking past Daehyun. He turned towards the back of the store and saw Himchan standing in the tiny hall with smirk. Daehyun cleared his throat while looking away.

“No, just the hot dorky ones.”