A Red City Bunny

City Bunnies

 

Yongguk had been preparing for several weeks for this rap battle. It wasn’t a big event or anything but he still wanted to slaughter his competition. He had been sizing up the competition while waiting for his turn. Yongguk learned from the other participants that school had let out a week before which meant a lot of students had came to the event. One tall participant was only a middle school graduate. So young, probably not any good, but I guess you got to start somewhere. The kid was several people behind him. They finally were finally nearing the tiny stage. It was in a small neighborhood park so nothing to fancy. Just a summer community activity, Yongguk nodded to himself.

“Jepp Blackman will now take the stage with his unique and deep voice.” The host announced into the microphone. Yongguk steady his breath, then stepped up.

 

Yongguk could feel the adrenaline in his hands as he got off the stage. The host was already announcing the next person. The adrenaline made it hard for him to focus on the rap of the current stage occupant, if fact he didn’t pay attention to the one that followed either. Yongguk walked around trying to work the adrenaline out of his system. He watched the stage while he made his way around. Yongguk smack into someone and he heard a grunt. He turned toward the person and saw bleached hair. Ah, I ran into a punk. The bleached hair looked up at Yongguk with a mousy face. Yongguk looked at the body sporting the bleached hair. His pants…aren’t they too tight.

“Yah, do you normally block walkways?!” Yongguk boomed at the bleached hair.

“Yah, do you normally walk without looking?” An equally deep voice replied. Guess they’re not that tight. Yongguk couldn’t tell if he was being mocked or it was the guy’s real voice. Another bleached head approached from behind the first. Is this gonna turn into a fight? Is there a new gang? The second bleach head had spikes protruding from it.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” The spiked blonde said to the first, then he turn to Yongguk and bowed, “Sorry, my hyung can be rude.”

Yongguk stared unsure of how to respond to the current situation. The host announced another performer and Yongguk wouldn’t have paid much attention except that the performer was good. Who is that? Yongguk and the blondes looked towards the performer. The tall kid who was several people behind Yongguk had finally taken the stage. Everyone was drawn into his rap. I don’t know who that kid is but I have to work with him.