Confused City Bunnies: Part II

City Bunnies

 

As Himchan locked his car doors he glanced up to see Yongguk walking towards the park. Meeting with Zelo… He smiled as he remembered the first time he saw Zelo on stage. Ah, enough of that, time for work…ugh and…Noona. Himchan paused around the corner from the store. Be strong, he slapped his hands against his cheeks then walked inside.

 

When Himchan didn’t see Noona, he went to the office nodding at Daehyun and Youngjae as he went. They watched him pass by blinking occasionally.

“What the hell?” Himchan’s yell echoed down the hall to the front of the store where the two employees sat with their arms crossed. “What happened to my office?”

Himchan ran down the hall towards his employees. He stopped suddenly when Noona stepped around one of the aisles.

“Ah, I fixed you office.” She smiled at him.

Himchan blinked, Where did she come from…it’s like she appear out of thin air…

“I took care of the mess and refurnished it. I decided you needed a more relaxing office.”

“Ha, ah, of course, Noona…” Himchan’s face drained of color. Relaxing, more like stimulating. Himchan glanced over at the two behind the counter. What kind of looks are those? Did something happen…she didn’t punish them, did she? He bowed remembering that he was late, “I’m sorry for not showing up for work on time.”

“No, no, the half man in your apartment explained it all to me.” Noona laughed knowingly.

There was a scraping sound. Himchan looked over at his employees and saw them staring with interesting. Daehyun had propped himself on the counter leaning over it as if he could hear the conversation better that way. Youngjae blinked expectantly with a smirk tugging the corner of his mouth.  

“Aw, come on. It’s not what you think…” Himchan was talking more to Daehyun and Youngjae than to his boss.

“Hmmm, he said you two drank a lot…so what could two men do after drinking and returning home together?” Noona blink innocently.

“Lots of things,” Himchan shot back defensively.

Youngjae could almost feel the realization hit him and he stood up in shock, “Yongguk-hyung…and you…hahaha.”

Daehyun looked back and forth between Himchan and Youngjae as he processed what he just heard.

“Oooh, you got it on.” Daehyun smirk both teasingly and with pride as he figured out what was being talked about.

 

 

Jongup chuckled at Zelo as he thrashed around on the floor. After he had gotten over the initial shock, Zelo seemed more confused than sad. He had been flopping around on Jongup’s floor screaming, ‘Why!’ Well, I guess that is one way to work through it.

Zelo propped himself up on one elbow, “You know, it came out of no where. It wasn’t like Zelo, you’re a good rapper, here, let me plant one on you, big boy. Not that Yongguk-hyung talks like that.”

Jongup busted up laughing at what Zelo had said.

“One minute he was upset about something, and I thought he was going to, you know, yell and complain, but instead he says he’s still trying to figure it out, which is cool but then BAM, he kisses me.”

Zelo fell back on the floor. He laid still for awhile, then he turned his head toward Jongup.

“You don’t think he was trying to confess to me, do you?”

Jongup looked away brow furrowing. That would explain some of it. “Hmm maybe…”

“Oh…wow. That is just…um, so Jonguppie-hyung,” Zelo cleared his throat, “How do I reject a guy?”

“It’s not you but me.” Jongup smiled weakly.

Zelo groaned rolling over face down into the floor.

 

 

Jongup had no food in his apartment so they got take-out. On their way back they rented a few movies. Zelo passed out after eating dinner. Jongup glanced over at Zelo’s sleeping face the movie still playing. What a busy day for you. His pocket vibrated then made a small sound. Jongup reached in and pulled out his phone. ‘Message from Meat Stick: Can you meet with me?’

Jongup glanced over at Zelo again. Well, he is asleep. I can tape a message to him. He typed a reply to Daehyun agreeing to meet and asking where. ‘Message from Meat Stick: At the park.’ His sent a text saying he be there soon. Jongup found a pen, paper and some tape. He wrote a quick message for Zelo then taped it to his chest. Should I turn off the movie…no, it’ll be good background noise for him.

 

 

Daehyun sat on the bench staring at his phone. His stomach was twisting in anticipation of Jongup’s arrival.

He glared at his stomach, “You, stop that.”

“Stop what?”

Daehyun jerked his head towards the voice and saw Jongup up smiling curiously at him.

“Hi,” He smiled back.

“So, what’s up?” Jongup plopped down next to him.

“Ah, well…there’s a lot. I guess I’ll start with…Youngjae…” Daehyun trailed off as he tried to remember what he had planned to say. “I mean…this current…situation is…complication.”

Jongup nodded for him to continue. Daehyun frown, I guess I should just come out and say it, but really…alright, no more beating around the bush, no matter how awkward. Daehyun had the urge to look Jongup in the face but he knew if he did he probably wouldn’t be able to say it.

“Youngjaejerkedofftobothofusandthenwemadeoutatwork.” Daehyun stared intently at a tree across from them.

“Uh, let’s see, all I got out off that was Youngjae, jerked off, made out and work.”

“Yea, pretty much.”

“So…Youngjae jerked off at work then you two made out…what kind of store do you two work at?” Jongup cocked his head.

“No, no, no.” Daehyun shook his head, “Youngjae somewhere else but he said he did it to both of us, I guess he likes both of us or something. Then, later at work, Noona showed up because Himchan was hung-over. She overheard Youngjae saying…you know, and then she locked us in the office and we wanted out so be put on a show for her and…”

Jongup looked up at the sky, a smirk spread across his face, “You two made out…and I missed it. Damn, I bet it was…hot. Ah, I tried to get you two do said activity at the restaurant but no. Now look at you two.”

Daehyun looked at Jongup sideways, eyes squinting into a glare, “What? What do you mean hot? No, it’s complicated. And it’s your fault for making this complicated. You know, I’m not even sure I even wanted to stop.”

“Heh,” Jongup laughed rubbing his nose. “Job well done, I should pat myself on the back.”

“B-but…it’s not really what I want.” Daehyun sighed.

“Huh?” Jongup turned towards Daehyun. “What do-”

“I-I…” Daehyun started. Jongup watched color fill Daehyun’s cheeks. “I want to do more with you than just…. I want an actual relationship. I want to go out to eat or snuggle and watch a movie or…something like that.”

“You want to go on a date.” Jongup felt his pulse quicken pumping blood into his own cheeks.

“Yea…” Daehyun continued to blush trying to work up the nerve to look at Jongup.

“You’re like a needy girlfriend.”

“What?” He whipped his head around looking at Jongup angrily. Jongup looked at him with a small teasing smile and red cheeks. Daehyun slid a hand over Jongup’s eyes, “No way, you’re the girlfriend.”

Daehyun lightly kissed Jongup then pulled his hand away from Jongup.

“We c-could, uh, meet up on your next day off?”

“Gah, that is so long away. We should hang out tomorrow as well as having an official date on my day off.”

Jongup laughed, “Alright, what do you want to do tomorrow?”

“Eat.” Daehyun threw his arms up. “Let’s go out for dinner.”

“Yeah,” Jongup nodded, “We should eat meat.”

 

Youngjae stood leading against the tree. He let out a quiet sigh as he processed the conversation he overheard. A wicked smile slowly spread across his lips. When the others had left he pushed off from the tree and walked away pulling his head phones over his ears.