A Green City Bunny

City Bunnies

Jongup had the urge to mess with someone. Since he was going into the convenience store, it might as well be the clerk. He started to walk in but back pedal past the glass windows. He smiled to himself as he planned his gag. He cracked his knuckles then started hopping. He paused as the door slid open. He hopped past the counter where the clerk was playing with his phone. The clerk didn’t seem to notice. Jongup continued hopping around the store until he found an item, then he took it to the counter. The clerk finally looked up when Jongup placed a three meat sticks on the counter. The clerk then watched Jongup hop away like a rabbit arms bent with emphasize. He hopped back with a bowl of instant beef noodles. Then he hopped away towards the refrigerators with the clerk watching all the while. Jongup returned with a drink and stood staring at the clerk for several moments.

The clerk raised an eyebrow, “Will that be all, sir?”

“Yep,” Jongup replied to the clerk with a smile. The clerk started scanning the items. “You haven’t seen any dogs today, have you?”

The clerk furrowed his brow. “No.”

“What about hawks? I hate hawks, they swoop down…” Jongup stopped as he notice the clerk staring frozen in the middle of scanning an item. Jongup had to close his mouth and tighten his jaw to keep from laugh. He forced out through clenched teeth, “Never been carried off by a hawk, huh?”

“7654 won,” the clerk said eyeing him with tight knit eyebrows as he bagged Jongup’s items. Jongup up pulled out his wallet and gave the clerk 8000 won and the odd change. The clerk handed the receipt and change to Jongup, then handed over the bag.

“Thank you, sir, come again.”

Jongup hopped his way out the store and turned towards the park. He continued to hop until he was past all the glass windows a smile building on his lips. Jongup roared with laughter supporting himself on the wall of the next building over.

“I have to tell Zelo.” Jongup sighed when his laughter finally subsided. He laughed randomly as he continued to make his way to the park.

 

“What the hell was that?” the store clerk asked himself. The clerk quickly dismissed it. He glanced around the store looking for customers and found it empty. Nice. He sat on the chair behind the counter and pulled the headphones that had been around his neck over his ears.