Memories

Star Academy: School for the Gifted.

"No no no, please no," you went, quickly dragging yourself to the box, carefully putting the box the right side up. You ripped open the box, you looked inside it. Your eyes widened seeing all your stuff broken, you carefully tipped out everything out. 

Broken glass toppled out, "Woah," Zelo went, avoiding the broken glass. Photos flew out, broken photo frames dropped out, random pieces of paper with writing and drawings slid out. "What's all this?" Zelo asked.

"Broken stuff," you said stubbornly, Zelo raised his eyebrow. "Well it's, you know...Stuff...Like personal...Stuff." you said, crossing your legs. 

"Can I see the stuff?" Zelo asked.

You thought for a moment, "Should I let him? Can I trust him?" you thought, "I've only known him for a day, not even that. But it feels like I've knew him since the day I could walk." You scoffed at your own thought, Zelo stood there paitently for an answer. "Ur, I guess.." you said to him, giving him half a smile. "Zelo's a good friend to me, I should trust him." you thought. 

"Thank you~" Zelo said picking up a photo, he looked closely at the photo, "Awww, this is you isn't it?" he said, you looked over to check. 

"Yeah, " you nodded. Zelo asked you who were the other people in the picture, "That's my umma gardening in the background," you smiled, "That's my appa's finger covering the corner of the photo, he was bad at taking pictures." you laughed.

"Was?" Zelo asked.

 

"Yeah, they passed away when I was little," you replied.

"Oh..Sorry." Zelo apologized. "Ur, so who's this boy next to you? Your brother?" he asked.

You shook your head, "No, that's my best friend," you said, "Onew..." you went quiet. 

"Huh? Onew?" Zelo thought, "That name seems familiar." Zelo shrugged. He picked up all of the photos, scanning through them, his smile grew bigger and bigger as he looked at one picture to the other.

You just sat thinking what you should do, but you ended up drifting away with your memories. 

"Onew! Onew! Catch me if you can!" you shouted over to Onew, starting to run around the garden.
Onew started to run after you, he started to catch up so you ran faster, "Hehe~" you giggled, "You can't catch me~" 
"Yes I can!" Onew shouted, he was right behind you, he streched his arm out to tag you then he fell over. "Didn't hurt~"  he said as he dusted himself off. "I nearly got you! It was only because I tripped over! If I didn't then I would've catched you," 
"Onew Sangtae!" you shouted, throwing your arms in the air. You and Onew laughed together. Your umma came out of the house with her watering can, "Aunty, it's okay! I will carry the watering can for you!"  Onew insisted. 
Your umma smiled, "Are you sure? It's quite heavy," she said. 
"It's okay! I'm 7 years old now!" Onew exclaimed. 
"You are now, aren't you?"  your umma said, Onew nodded with a big smile, " Well, of course then!" your umma passed the watering can to Onew, Onew using great force to hold the watering can up, "See! I am Super man!" Onew said, grinning. 
"Can you take it over there, to that rose bush?" your umma asked Onew, he nodded and staggered slowly with the watering can to the rose bush. Puddles of water splashed out from the watering can, you umma laughed. "You can do it Onew!" you shouted, when Onew came to the bush, he let the watering can drop onto the grass. "Easy!" he shouted, running back to you. 
"Wow, you're such a strong boy now!"  your umma said, Onew grinned. Your umma walked over to the rose bush and started to water the plants. 
"It's too hot!" you said sitting on the dry grass.
"Sit next to me!" Onew said, patting the grass next to him, he was sitting in the shade. "It's cooler over here!" You ran over there and sat down next to Onew. "It 'is' cooler here!" you smiled.
You both lied down, looking up at the cloudless sky, a deep blue. "Oh, I just remembered!" Onew said, sitting up, he dug into his pocket, you sat up to see what he was doing. He took out a pearlescent blue bracelet, it glowed in the sun, "For you," he smiled. 
Your smile grew bigger, "It's so pretty!" Onew wore it round your hand for you, you thanked him gratefully, "It's so shiny~"  you said, "I love it, thank you!"
"Soo Yun, promise me you will never take this bracelet off?" Onew said.
"Promise." 

"Soo Yun? Hello, Soo Yun?" you were interrupted by Zelo.

You snapped out of you daydream, "Huh, yeah?" you went.  

"Nothing, I just wanted you to come back to Earth," Zelo replied, he gathered up all the other random pieces of papers that were lying around and looked through them.

You looked up to see what Zelo was doing, "What's this?" Zelo asked, "Hey, I am Onew and I love chicken," Zelo read out. When you realised what he was reading, you shot up and tried to snatch the papers off him. Zelo stretched his arm higher, way away from your reach. 

"Soo Yun, why is there random math sums on here?" Zelo asked, "There's like 1093 minus 920 and 15x94, then there's random doodles like a demented cat with stars and rainbows around it."

"Huh?" you went, "Lemme see," grabbing the papers off him. "Ohh, this is my attempted maths homework. Also, thank you for giving me my papers back," you said, putting them back into the box. "Eh?" he went, he put the pile of pictures into the box as well.

You sighed, "Ur, you can leave now if you want, I can do the rest by myself..." you said.

"You sure?" Zelo said, you nodded. "Hmm, well it is getting late. My roommates will probably lock me out..." You both stood awkwardly, "Yeah, okay... Bye now," Zelo said. 

"Okay," you replied, shooing him out, "I'll see you tomorrow then," you said. Zelo walked out, you could hear the foot steps go down the stairs, then the slam of the door out of the building. 

You yawned and sighed again, "Urgh, I don't want to unpack the boxes," you said to yourself, you sat down on the floor. "All my picture frames are broken, I have no more to put my pictures in and I have like a million photos." you started to lie down on the floor. 

You looked up at the clean white ceiling, you put your hand in front of your face, showing your shining pearlescent blue bracelet. "I guess now since I'm in the school, I won't be able to see Onew..." you said. You scoffed and curled yourself into a ball on the floor, "Yeah right, even if I wasn't in this school I wouldn't be able to find him in a thousand years."

Hot tears started to run down your face, "Yeah..." your voice started to tremble, "Never in a thousand years time..." you said to yourself, your eyes stinging red from tears as they drooped of tiredness.  With your eyes barely open and your mind switching off, the sound of rain could be heard as it hit off the window."I guess I'm upset," you said as your cried yourself to sleep.