Chapter 11

Love and Punishment

 

Vincent stormed into the room the next morning, waking the four sleeping guys up.

”What’s happening?” Jiro asked. Vincent turned don the TV.

”This!” They turned their attention to the TV.

”It is now a few days since the singer Wind, who was set to debut in a couple days, was shot. She’s still unconscious in the hospital and Aaron Yan, the youngest member of Fahrenheit, hasn’t been seen leaving the hospital since.  Wind was shot at a café while taking a break from filming the MV for her and Aaron’s duet. Some witnesses tell us that it looked like Wind and the shooter knew each other. Is Wind a former gang member or what relation does she have to him? We haven’t been able to get a comment from Wind’s manager or the CEO but we’re working on getting a statement from them and will update you all once we know more about it. Now let’s go…” Vincent turned of the TV again.

”Where did they get that idea?” Calvin said in surprise.

”It’s not the only thing!” Vincent threw some newspapers over to them. The guys looked at them.

”This is absurd.” Chun said.

”Exactly! They haven’t even listened to what we have said to them and just made up their own stories!” Vincent said fuming with anger.

“Vincent, I think you have to go clear it all up now before they think of more things to write.” Aaron said. Vincent sighed and nodded.

“Yeah, even though I had hoped they had listened yesterday… I’ll go now and make sure they get the truth. It will damage Winds reputation if they continue their story of her being a gang member.” He then left the room.

Suddenly Calvin chuckled which made the other three a little startled.

“What’s so funny?” Chun asked walking over and looking at the newspaper Calvin had in his hands. Chun also began laughing. Jiro and Aaron looked at each other before they looked questioning at Chun and Calvin. Calvin snickered before he read aloud.

“Many fans of the group Fahrenheit, especially Aaron Yan’s, is supporting the newcomer Wind, who is set to debut in a few days. Many of the fans have already made support sites for her and many of them has taken a liking to pair up their idol Aaron with Wind.

Maybe their wished pairing is already formed or going to be formed? Since Aaron hasn’t left the hospital since the episode and his mother has been visiting the hospital too…” Calvin stopped reading and looked amused at the blushing Aaron.

“Uhhh, then you don’t have to think about what the fans think if you really go out with Wind!” Jiro said just as amused as Calvin.

“…” Aaron didn’t know what to say.

“So how are you going to confess when Wind wakes up?” Chun asked. Aaron looked at him wide eyed.

“…I…I… don’t… know…” Aaron slowly stuttered. “Haven’t thought about it…” He added a little after.

“What!” Calvin exclaimed. “You haven’t thought about it!?” He said surprised. Aaron shook his head. Calvin sighed. “How can you not have thought about something like that?” Aaron shrugged.

“Had other things on my mind like what happened just some days ago!” He said matter-of-factly. Someone then knocked on the door. The guys looked over at the woman who entered.

“Sarah…” She smiled.

“Hey guys, I’m sorry if I interrupted your conversation but you three,” She pointed at Calvin, Jiro and Chun. “I need you to come with me.”

“What’s going to happen?” Jiro asked curiously.

“I’ll tell you on the way, just hurry up and get ready to go.”

“Wait! Does Aaron get to stay here again while we have to work?!” Jiro asked jealously. Sarah sighed as she took Jiro by the ear and started to drag him out. Calvin and Chun hurried to follow so they wouldn’t get same treatment.

“Ouch-ouch-ouch” Jiro wined the whole way out of the room and out in the hospital corridor. His wining slowly faded away as they walked further and further away. Aaron chuckled. He went over to the window and looked out on the sunny weather. The room suddenly went very quiet. He turned around and let the sun warm his back while looking at Winds sleeping face. Maybe the guys were right, and he should think about how he should confess to her when she woke up? But what if she didn’t like him back? Aaron sunk into his own little world.

“Ouch…” A weak voice got Aaron out of his thoughts in a second, as he looked surprised over at the awakening Wind. He went over to her and sat down on the bedside.

“You’re finally awakening!” He said as a big smile of relief formed on his face. Wind blushed, as she looked straight into his mesmerizing eyes. “How do you feel?”

“A little stiff… How long have I lied here?” Wind tried to sit up but her left side painfully protested against it.

“Hey, not so fast!” Aaron said and hurried to help Wind sit in a more comfortable way and so the wound wouldn’t reopen. “You’ve been unconscious for a couple of days since you got shot.”

“I see…” Wind looked around in the little white room. Aaron smiled.

“Jiro, Calvin and Chun almost just left… Our manager picked them up since they had something to do.”

“Oh… Then shouldn’t you have been with them?” She asked confused. Aaron scratched his neck a little nervously while laughing.

“Well… I got permission to stay here and wait for you to wake up…” He answered. “Oh, which remind me, I better tell the others that you’re awake!” Aaron stood up and got his phone before walking towards the door. “I’ll be back in a moment.” Wind nodded and smiled.