Chapter 6

Love and Punishment

 

”Just stop here.” Wind told the cabdriver when he was only a few blocks away from her apartment. She was feeling like everything was spinning around and she was hoping it would help if she got some air to clear up her head.

”Okay.” The cabdriver stopped and Wind paid him before getting out. The cab then drove off again leaving her alone on the empty street.

“Hopefully nothing will happen before I reach my apartment.” She said to herself. She slowly walked down the street a little unstable. If anyone had seen her they would probably think she was drunk by the way she walked.

As she turned around the corner and walked over to the staircase leading up to her apartment her head felt heavy, she could see black spots before her eyes and her head was spinning even more. She fought to get up the stairs without falling and hurried as fast as she could in her state to get the key out of her pocket and into the keyhole to unlock the door.

“Stupid door! Why do you have to be stupid just today?” Wind cursed the door as she was fidgeting with the key. Suddenly everything went black for her eyes and her mind went empty.

 


 

“Hey, she’s awakening!” Wind heard a voice as she slowly came to herself again. She didn’t know how long she had been out but she knew someone had found her and that she wasn’t outside anymore. Fear ran through her as a thought crossed her mind. The loan sharks!

Wind went from lying down to sitting position so fast that it felt like she got hammered in the head. The body hadn’t expected the sudden movement she made. Her vision slowly cleared and to her relief, or for a second a least, she found out that there were no loan sharks and that she was in her apartment.

“Hey, don’t move so fast!” Another worried voice said. Wind looked around and to her surprise the Fahrenheit boys where all sitting in her little apartment making it seem rather crowded.

“Are you okay?” All Winds senses were now cleared as she looked at a worried Aaron.

“Y-yeah I’m ok…” She slightly blushed seeing Aaron’s worried face. She looked at the rest of them. “But why is it you’re all here and how long was I out?” She was rather confused.

“You were out for about half an hour or so… And the reason why we’re here you can ask Aaron about.” Jiro answered. Wind looked over at Aaron again.

“Well, I noticed that you acted a little different and well…” Aaron went quiet.

“And he wouldn’t go back before he knew you had arrived home safely!” Calvin finished for him sending a teasing smirk towards Aaron.

“And if was a good thing we did as Aaron wanted or else you would have been lying outside and who knows what could have happened to you!” Chun added. “So please don’t be mad about us following you.” Chun pleaded. Wind smiled.

“I’m not. Thanks guys!” Wind assured Chun. “Though I’m a little embarrassed…” She added and looked down at the blanket, which covered her.

“Why?” Jiro questioned. “Because you fainted?” Wind giggled.

“Not really that… That happens regularly… It’s my apartment…” Wind half explained. All the boys looked a little confused.

“Your apartment?” Calvin asked.

“Yeah… You must think I’m some kind of caveman right?... woman… I live in an old run down apartment with very few equipment!” Wind said.

“Cavewoman?” Jiro said as he laughed. “Nice one!”

“We don’t care if your apartment is small or whatever.” Chun said with a smile.

“Do you think we pick our friends because of their apartment or house?” Aaron asked with a raised eyebrow. Wind looked down once again on her blanket feeling a little guilty… She had actually believed they wouldn’t be her friends after seeing her apartment since they were used to a nice place to live…

She could still remember last time she had brought one of her old colleagues from the café here… She had thought the girl was her friend but after seeing this apartment where she lived the colleague didn’t want to talk to her again and eventually stopped working at the café. Wind had felt guilty ever since because it was her fault the café lost a worker…

“…” Wind didn’t know what to say. Aaron softened and smiled.

“We’re your friends no matter if you are rich or if you are homeless!” Both Jiro and Calvin mouthed an Uhh to Aaron, which earned them both a slap in the back of their heads from Chun. Both Jiro and Calvin glared at Chun while robbing their heads.

“Thanks, I really appreciate it!” Wind said with a smile lifting her gaze from the blanket.

“Oh, yeah you said you faint regularly?” Wind nodded. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Chun asked diverting Jiro and Calvin’s attentions from him back to Wind.

“Well…” Wind said, “I used to work a lot before I got signed under HIM not long ago… I would wake up at 5am and go to sleep around 2 or 3am… I worked up to 6 jobs on one day.” Wind paused for a couple of seconds before continuing. “I fainted a lot in the beginning because my body wasn’t used to that small amount of sleep and the big amount of work… But it helped me getting my mind on things like my parents death…” Wind sighed before smiling. “After my body now is pretty much used to me being awake and moving almost 24/7 I don’t faint so much anymore…” The guys where all shocked by the things they had just been told. Suddenly a phone jerked them back to reality. Jiro looked at the caller-id.

“Hello Sarah… We’re… We’re…” Jiro looked at the other guys for help. Calvin simulated him driving. “We’re on our way back home from the restaurant… Chun wanted us to stop at the night market to get a midnight snack first… We’ll be back in half an hour!” Jiro sighed as her hung up and looked at the others.

“Well I guess we have to leave then…?” Chun asked Jiro who nodded. Sarah was their manager and she usually cheeked up on them to see if they got home early so they could get a good nights sleep and not fool around so they wouldn’t be able to do their job or would get sick.

“See you tomorrow then.” Wind said with a cheering smile. The guys nodded as they all stood up from the floor. “And this time it is see you tomorrow!” She laughed as she looked at Aaron who also smiled at her comment.

“Get some more rest then.” He said. Wind nodded. The guys then left and Wind laid down on the mattress again as Aaron had said she should. She was very happy she had found some friends like them and that they weren’t as the girl she once used to think of as her friend. Wind closed her eyes and soon she was fast asleep.