Chapter 4

Love and Punishment

 

The next day Wind woke up at the usual time, 5am, and delivered milk before going to the HIM building for her first day of training. She was really looking forward to it and also very curious about what would happen.

She had already quit her jobs at the café, the cinema and the fitness centre. Now she just had to put some extra effort into her training so she could debut sooner and earn some money from that.

 


 

“Hello Wind!” The man from yesterday came over to her as Wind walked into the building. Wind smiled to him.

“Morning!” She said cheerfully.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t get to tell you my name yesterday, I’m Vincent.” They shook each other’s hands. “Follow me, the CEO wants to speak to you.” Wind nodded and they took the elevator to the highest floor where Lu Yan-qing’s office were. Vincent knocked on the door.

“Come in.” A voice answered and Wind recognized it from yesterday. Vincent opened the door and let Wind walk into the room first. The CEO turned around in his big chair and smiled as he saw Wind.

“Good morning Wind!” Wind smiled at his friendly greeting.

“Morning!” She answered just as friendly. She had heard lots of stories about people who had high positions always were some mean people who only cared about money and reputation and then everything else didn’t matter but this man seemed different. Of course she didn’t quite know since she had only met him two times, but he seemed really friendly and down to earth.

“I’ve already got the first call from a reporter asking about you.” Wind looked surprised at the CEO who chuckled seeing her expression. “I guess he must have seen you when you left yesterday.” He smiled. “Now sit down since we have a lot to discuss!” Wind sat down in one of the two chairs across from Lu Yan-qing while Vincent took the other seat beside her. “Well, you have already met Vincent,” Wind nodded and smiled. “He will be your manager from now on so I hope you’ll get along well.” Wind nodded again. The phone then rang and Lu Yan-qing pushed a button. “Yes?”

“Mr. Chow and Mr. Lai are here now.” One of the ladies from the front desk said through the load speaker. Lu Yan-qing sighed.

“Okay, I’ll be down in a moment.” He then turned off the phone and looked at Vincent.

“I guess you can take over now?” Vincent nodded and looked over at Wind.

“Come, I’ll show you around the company while I tell you some more about your training and debut.” Wind nodded and followed him out of the office while Lu Yan-qing went to the elevator and hurried down to greet the two men from Hong Kong.

 


 

“There is two dance studios here so sometimes you might have to train together with some of the other artists,” Vincent said as he showed her one of them. “Which is also a good thing since then you can learn from them.” Vincent added with a smile. 

“What kind of dance training is there?” Wind asked.

“All kinds, depending on what match the songs and such. It can be from ballet to break dance.”

“I see…” Wind hadn’t tried dancing before and she was sure she would take a lot of training to look graceful and coordinated and to even remember the steps properly.

“Don’t worry, you’re going to be great.” Vincent said as he saw Winds facial expression. “Now let’s go to one of the singing studios and talk about the songs for your debut.” Wind nodded and followed Vincent to the studio.

“Me and the CEO discussed songs yesterday after you left and we both agreed, you of course have to also, that it should be slow love ballads which should be on the album since your voice would match it really well.” Vincent said as they sat down in the studio. “What do you think?”

“Sounds okay… But I have a request… Can I pick one song?”

“Of course!” Vincent said with a laugh.

“My mother used to sing a song called Sleepsong for me whenever I was going to sleep and I really love that song… Do you think it would be possible to put on the CD?” Wind asked hoping it could.

“We’ll have to hear it first but I think it may be possible.” Wind smiled happily.

 


 

“Now that I’ve told you everything for now I think we should stop for the day!” Vincent said after an hour more of information.

“Okay… Then what time should I be here tomorrow and what am I going to do?” Wind asked curiously.

“Come here at 8am then we will start you in some dance training so we can get you in a good shape so you have stamina to sing in a longer period of time.” Wind nodded and waved goodbye to Vincent.

“Then see you tomorrow!” Vincent smiled and waved back as Wind walked out of the building and towards her apartment to finish some of the stuffed animals she needed to sew.

 


 

“We’ll stop the training here since we’ve already trained for some hours and you’re not used to it. We’ll train again tomorrow at the same time!” The dance instructor said to the three girls in the dance studio. Wind and two other girls, which Wind didn’t recognize or hadn’t met before, but they were probably also going to debut soon. The two girls left with the coach leaving Wind alone in the studio. Wind slumped down on the floor and took a deep breath.

“Here.” Wind was a bit startled when she heard the voice behind her and felt the cold bottle on her cheek. She looked up and saw Aaron smiling to her as he sat down beside her giving her the bottle. Wind smiled.

“Thanks!” She opened it and drank some of it.

“So how’s the training?” He asked.

“So far so good.” Wind said with a laugh. “This dance training is actually pretty fun!” She added. “Oh yeah, but why are you here?” She looked around in the room to see if there were other people in the studio too but only her and Aaron was present. “Wasn’t you in a group?”

“I am but they all had something else to do today so I’m all alone here. I just came from the singing studio.”

“I see…”

“Oh yeah I met Vincent in the studio and he wanted me to give you this.” Aaron handed her some papers, which Wind looked through. She then looked questioning at Aaron.

“But isn’t this a duet?” Aaron nodded. “How am I going to sing a duet alone?” Aaron chuckled.

“You aren’t.”

“Then who am I going to sing with? Did he tell you anything else?” Wind asked a little confused.

“Not other than he hoped the two of us would agree to sing it together.” Aaron said with a smile on his face. Wind eyed him. “You don’t believe me? Go find Vincent then.” Aaron said amused.

“N-No it’s okay I believe you!”

“Good, now will you agree?” Wind thought about it for a couple of seconds while looking down on the lyrics Aaron had just given her and then smiled.

“Okay.” Aaron then stood up from the floor and smiled.

“Good, then I’ll go tell Vincent.” He then left Wind alone in the studio again. After some minutes of thinking she decided to go shower and change clothes since she still had those sweaty clothes on from the dance training.