Chapter 10

Love and Punishment

 

After half an hour Lu Yan-qing arrived at the hospital and got past the reporters, who still waited outside for some juicy news.

”How is she?” He asked as he came into Wind’s room. Vincent stood up from his chair.

”CEO,” He greeted before continuing. ”The doctor said she’s improving and that she hopefully will wake up in a few days.” Lu Yan-qing nodded.

”Do you have some news about the guy who shot her?” Aaron asked impatiently. He wanted to know what was going to happen to that guy.

”The guy who shot her is going to be charged with attempted murder and handling an illegal weapon…” He answered and sat down on one of the chairs. ”I talked to his friend, the other guy who was there, and got the whole story.” Aaron raised an eyebrow.

”Are you sure you can trust that guy? As you just said he’s a friend.” Lu Yan-qing chuckled and chose to ignore what Aaron just said.

”He told me the story of how it all began…” Everyone looked questioning at him as they waited for him to continue. ”Well, the guy told me that it all started even before Wind’s parents died… Her parents was in money trouble and borrowed money from loansharks without telling Wind it because they didn’t want to worry her.” Aaron’s mom gasped.

”Money trouble?” Lu Yan-qing nodded.

”Mr. Feng’s company wasn’t doing too well and they feared it would go down, so they borrowed the money. When they died in the car accident the loansharks wanted to get their money back and they knew Mr. And Mrs. Feng had a daughter so they turned up at their house. Luckily Wind wasn’t at home at that time, but the loansharks came frequently and that’s why Wind made a cover name so she could try and earn the money before the loansharks would find her.” He stopped and looked over at Wind. ”Wind had managed to hide from them for around a year and scraped money together by working a lot of jobs and almost spend nothing on food… When the guy saw her at the café he tried to get his friend away knowing his bad temper, sadly the friend noticed her and it ended as you all know…” Lu Yan-qing finished his story.

”Poor Ai Lin…” Mrs. Yan said. Both Vincent and Lu Yan-qing looked surprised at her.

”You know Wind’s real name?” Vincent asked surprised. Mrs. Yan nodded.

”Her mother and I was best friends…”

”I see… Mrs. Yan, can I make a little request?” Lu Yan-qing asked. She nodded as an answer.

”Please keep Wind’s real name unknown to the public until I get some things done and make sure those loansharks won’t come after Wind again?”

”Of course!”

”Thank you.” Lu Yan-qing then stood up from his chair again. ”I’m sorry to leave so fast again but I will go take care of the things. Do call me if she wakes up or if there is news about her.” He said to Vincent.

”I will.” Lu Yan-qing then left the room again.

”I wonder why they didn’t ask for my help?” Mrs. Yan wondered.

”Mom, I’m sure they didn’t want to burden and worry you like they didn’t with Wind…” Aaron tried to cheer his mother a little up. Vincent nodded agreeingly.

”They probably thought they could pay back the loan before anyone would find out about it… It’s just bad luck they died before…” Vincent then looked out of the window on the reporters. ”Well, I better go down and talk a bit with those vultures down there.” He then also left the room.

 


 

In the evening Calvin, Chun and Jiro came back to the hospital to pay Wind another visit.

”Hey, any news?” Chun asked as they came into the room.

”Not other than she’s improving and hopefully is going to wake up in some days…” Aaron answered.

”Oh, hey Mrs. Yan!” Jiro said surprised as he looked over at the couch. Mrs. Yan smiled.

”Hello guys, you look tired?” She said as she chuckled. They all sat down.

”We are…” Calvin said as he yawned. ”Those reporters… You can’t say one thing before they ask a new question and then a new one come and it goes on and on…”

”Yeah… I don’t know if they came for our promotion or for news about Wind…” Jiro sighed. ”They looked really disappointed when Aaron didn’t come with us.”

”It was hard answering the questions so they wouldn’t misunderstand or assume things… Hopefully it won’t be some ridiculous news they publish tomorrow…” Calvin said as he sunk more down in his chair.

”You must be hungry, right?” Mrs. Yan asked with a smile. The guys all lit up.

”Here, mom brought me a lot of food, feel free to eat what you want.” Aaron said as he handed the bag to them. They quickly found some sandwiches and started to eat, happy to finally get something to fill their stomachs with after their long day.   

“So is there any news about the guy?” Chun asked as he took another bite of his sandwich.

“The CEO came earlier and told us about him… He’s going to be charged for attempted murder and handling an illegal weapon.” Aaron answered.

“But weren’t there two guys?” Jiro asked looking a little confused.

“Yeah, but apparently he tried to get his friend away before he would have seen Wind…”

“I see…” Jiro still didn’t look like he had understood it.

“I’ll tell you the story tomorrow…” Aaron said as he sighed. Jiro smiled.

“Well, I better get back home and cook some food for your sister,” Mrs. Yan said to Aaron. “Goodbye guys,” She said to the other three. “I’ll come back again tomorrow.” She then left the boys alone with Wind.