Chapter 9

Love and Punishment

 

Aaron woke up as he heard someone enter the room. Vincent smiled to him.

”Did I wake you?” He asked. Aaron shook his head. Vincent sighed as he looked at Wind and then at the clock. “I’m sorry I couldn’t come earlier…” Vincent felt like he had to apologize since he had been so busy and hadn’t been able to come earlier and it made him feel guilty. Especially since he usually would be around but today he had been assigned to help one of the other artists and had made Wind go to the filming alone.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize.” Aaron said as he could see Vincent’s regret and guilt in his expressions. Vincent sighed again.

“I just feel really guilty for not being there… Maybe I could have prevented the episode today from have happened…” Aaron didn’t know how to respond and a silence feel over the room. The only thing that could be heard was the ticking noise the clock on the wall made as it indicated how the seconds, minutes and hours went by, slowly. “I have to go now…” Vincent said.

“Okay.”

“I’ll come back early in the morning again… Call me if anything happens, okay?” Aaron nodded. Vincent took a last glance at Wind before walking out of the room. It was already 1am in the morning. He stayed awake for a little while longer before drifting away in sleep again.

 


 

As it got brighter and brighter as the sun ‘woke up’ and started to rise in the horizon the reporters came back in the hope to get more of the story. After an hour or two of waiting one of them spotted a somewhat familiar person.

“Mrs. Yan!” One of the reporters yelled as she stormed over to the lady who seemed a little surprised. The other reporters quickly followed suit. “Are you going to see Wind and Aaron?” Mrs. Yan nodded.

“Then are they together?” Another asked.

“Do you know if Wind is awake now and how she is?” A third asked.

“I’m sorry but I don’t know.” Mrs. Yan answered.

“Then-“ Another started but was cut off by Vincent who was on his way to visit Wind and saw the poor Mrs. Yan being attacked with questions by the reporters.

“Please let Mrs. Yan through.” Vincent said as he made his way into the crowd and shielded Mrs. Yan from some of the reporters and their cameras. “I will tell you when we have some news about Wind’s situation, as of right now she’s still unconscious.” Vincent then made way for him and Mrs. Yan through the crowd and safely into the hospital where the reporters where stopped by the guards.

“Thank you for the rescue Vincent.” Mrs. Yan said. Vincent smiled.

“No problem, come I’ll lead you to the room.” Mrs. Yan nodded and followed Vincent to room 404. “I just go talk with the doctor to hear if he has any news, you can just go in.” Vincent then walked over to one of the nurses and asked after Wind’s doctor. Mrs. Yan knocked on the door before she opened.

“Mom?!” Aaron said surprised as he saw who came in. His mom smiled to him and then looked at the girl on the bed and her eyes widened as she recognized the girl. Aaron got worried seeing his mother’s expression and hurried over to her. “Mom, are you alright?” His mother then smiled.

“I’m alright… I’m just surprised.” Aaron looked a little confused. “I recognize the girl.” She explained, as she knew what his expression meant.

“Yeah, she’s the newcomer in the company and the one I’ve sung the duet with.” Mrs. Yan laughed lightly as her son had misunderstood her.

“I know but that wasn’t what I meant.”

“You know her from before?” Mrs. Yan nodded. She motioned Aaron to sit down with her at the couch so she could explain.

“Can you remember that I went to a funeral a year ago?” Aaron thought for a moment. “We’ll it doesn’t really matter if you don’t…” Mrs. Yan added. She paused before continuing. “It was the funeral for my best friend in high school, and the years after, and her husband who died in a car crash…” Mrs. Yan felt a little sad as she recalled the past. “We used to write letters to each others since we were too busy to see each other regularly. We used to write a lot about our children to each other after both of us gave birth… She was so happy when she got a daughter since she had had a miscarriage before and they had almost given up trying to get a child… She would always put a picture of their girl, Feng Ai Lin, in the letter so I could see her.” Finally Aaron realised who the girl was and he looked over at Wind.

“So Wind’s real name is Feng Ai Lin?” He asked. His mother nodded.

“She was heartbroken after her parents died, like any normal kid would be, and soon after she disappeared… I tried go to their house after the funeral to see how she was but the house was empty and the girl gone…” His mother then smiled.

“I’m glad to find her again.” She then looked at Aaron. “You have good taste. She’s a very good girl.” Aaron blushed by this.

“Mom!” Mrs. Yan laughed seeing him so embarrassed and red in the face.

“Hey, I’m just glad you’ve found a girl you like!” Even though Aaron was still embarrassed he still smiled. He was glad his mother approved of Wind, or should it be Ai Lin? “Oh by the way, here are some clothes so you can change and some food.” She handed him the bag she had brought with her. Aaron took it and looked through all the stuff. His mom had packed two sets of clothes and food, which was enough to feed an entire army!

“Thanks mom.”

“Just remember to call me next time.” She said with a serious expression. “Me and your sister got very worried when you didn’t come home and then we heard of the episode in the news!”

“I’m sorry mom, I just forgot with all the chaos…” Mrs. Yan’s serious expression got exchanged by her warm and kind smile. Vincent then came into the room.

“Did I interrupt anything?”

“No, no.” Mrs. Yan said. Vincent then smiled.

“The doctor said she’s improving and that she’s hopefully going to wake up in a few days if she keep improving like this.” Aaron got relieved after hearing this. “The CEO will be here soon too and tell us about the situation with the guy who shot her and what’s going to happen to him.” Vincent added.