Chapter 3

Love and Punishment

 

A week later

 


 

Wind was making herself ready to try going to the HIM building and try to audition even though she wasn’t sure if she really should? She hadn’t seen any posters with auditioning dates on and had been thinking if Aaron just wanted to make fun of her? Still the part of her that wanted to go convinced her to at least try and go.

Wind had got a day off from the fitness centre and the cinema to go to the HIM Company.

But what if she got accepted? What should she do about earning money since trainees wouldn’t get any money… Wind sighed as she continued walking. Her thoughts were a mess and she kept thinking if it was a good or bad idea to go.

20 minutes later, and her thoughts even more confused, she was now standing in front of the him building not knowing if she should wait outside or just go in. After a couple of minutes she decided to go inside. When she came in she walked over to the two ladies behind the front desk.

“Hello miss, can we help you?” One of them asked.

“Ehmm… My name is Wind and-“ Wind didn’t get to say the rest before a male voice was heard.

“Hello! You’re Wind right?” Wind nodded to the stranger. “Please follow me.” He then walked over to an elevator and Wind followed him. “We have waited for you and are looking forward to hear you sing!” Wind got a little embarrassed. Wind then remembered something.

“Oh, but why haven’t I seen anything about auditions anywhere? I thought a lot of people would come…?” The man smiled.

“We actually don’t have auditions today but one of our artists, the one you met, Aaron, recommended you and we thought you sounded interesting so we’re all eager to hear you.” Wind nodded, understanding the context now, feeling a little more nervous as everyone had big expectations to her. Hopefully it would be fine and she wouldn’t mess up.

 


 

“Hello and welcome Wind!” Another man said as Wind and the man came out from the elevator and went into another room. Wind smiled and bowed.

“Hello and thanks.” Wind politely answered.

“I’m the CEO, Lu Yan-qing.” The man said. Wind smiled. “I’ve heard that you have a really great voice.” He said with a smile. He seemed like a very friendly uncle-like man. “Do you care to sing for us?” Wind felt a little more relaxed.

“Of course!”

“Then you can start as soon as you’re ready.” Lu Yan-qing walked over to some chairs together with the man who had shown Wind the way, and they sat down. Wind thought for a second before she took a deep breath, closed her eyes and sang.

“I started a joke,

Which started the whole world crying,

But I didn’t see that the joke was on me, oh no.

 

I started to cry,

Which started the whole world laughing,

Oh, if I’d only seen that the joke was on me.

 

I looked at the skies,

Running my hands over my eyes,

And I fell out of bed,

Hurting my head from things that I’d said.

 

Till I finally died,

Which started the whole world living,

Oh, if I’d only seen that the joke was on me.

 

I looked at the skies,

Running my hands over my eyes,

And I fell out of bed,

Hurting my head from things that I’d said.

 

Till I finally died,

Which started the whole world living,

Oh, if I’d only seen that the joke was on me,

Oh no, that the joke was on me.”

The two men started clapping and went over to Wind as she ended the song.

“Excellent!” Lu Yan-qing said. “You have an amazing voice!” Wind looked down on the floor, as she felt embarrassed again. “How long have you been singing?”

“Since I was little though the last year I haven’t really had the time or paid attention to music… I heard this song yesterday when I thought about which song I should sing today… Other than that I haven’t really listened to music this past year…” The two men looked surprised at each other.

“So you heard this song yesterday and remember it all?” Wind nodded.

“The song isn’t that hard.” Wind reasoned. The two men smiled to each other.

“Please follow us so we can discuss some things.” Wind nodded and followed the two men into another room.

 


 

“We’re very interested in you and if you want we’re ready to offer you a contract?” Lu Yan-qing handed Wind a bundle of papers. She looked through them.

“So you think I’ll be good enough to be a singer?” Wind asked.

“Good enough? If you haven’t had training and haven’t been singing in the last year I would say you’re a genius! Of course you’ll be one of the best female solo singers!” Wind looked in the papers again. Should she sign or not? She took a deep breath before looking at the CEO across from her.

“Okay! I’ll sign.” Lu Yan-qing smiled.

“I’m glad to hear that and welcome to HIM International Music!” Wind took a pen and signed her name on it before handing it back to him. “So Wind isn’t your real name?” Wind shook her head.

“But if it isn’t too much to ask, could you keep my name a secret?”

“Of course! That’ll also add some mysteriousness to you and the public would be even more interested.” Wind mentally sighed in relief that he wouldn’t blow her cover.

 


 

As Wind walked home from HIM she was happy that her dream would come true though it then would take longer to get the loan paid back… But then again, she could work in the evening when her training was finished and in the morning before her training would start! That way she would still earn some money. 

 


 

NOTE: Song -> Angela Zhang/Angela Chang - I Started A Joke (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqlU-d3bAvA&feature=player_embedded)