Chapter 5

Love and Punishment

 

”Good, it’s spot on!” Chen Dafai, the producer, said as Aaron and Wind finished their duet in the studio. Vincent gave them thumbs up before they walked out of the studio to them.

“Very good!” Vincent praised them. Wind and Aaron both smiled. “Now we just have to prepare for the MV, and it can be your first public appearance Wind.” Vincent said as he looked at Wind who nodded.

 


 

“Hey!” Aaron said as he came into the dance studio where Wind was training alone after her training for the day had ended. Wind smiled as she stopped and turned around to see Aaron walk in.

“Hey!” She greeted. Aaron tossed a bottle of water to her, which she caught. “Thanks!” She said as she giggled. He had been coming to the studio the last three days since they had finished recording their duet.

“I just met Vincent on the way and he said that the MV filming will start next week.” Aaron said.

“I hope I wont screw too much up…” Wind said. “I haven’t tried acting before…” She added.

“Relax, everything has a first time and we’ll all be there to help you.” Aaron said comforting her. “Plus you have to get used to it now that you’re going to be a singer.” Aaron said with a smile. Just then three guys came into the studio.

“So it’s here you’re hiding Aaron!” One of them said smiling. One of the other two snickered while the last one gave the first one an elbow in the side and a glare. “Ouch!” The first one said and glared back at the third one. Aaron sighed and Wind looked questioning from Aaron to the three new arrivals.

“Ehm… Are these your group mates?” Wind asked Aaron who nodded.

“Yeah, this is Jiro,” Aaron pointed the guy who had gotten an elbow in the side. “Calvin,” the guy who had snickered waved while smiling a bright smile. “And this is Chun.” The last guy slightly bowed his head as a greeting.

“Oh, nice to meet you guys, I’m Wind.” She said with a smile.

“You’re the one Aaron is doing a duet with?” Calvin asked and Wind nodded.

“You’re cute, nice choice Aaron!” Jiro said playfully, which earned him another elbow in the side from Chun and a glare from Aaron. “Hey! I was just joking!” Jiro exclaimed rubbing his side. “Though you are cute~” Jiro said to Wind. Wind giggled at the sight of those four guys, which behaved somehow like brothers to each other.

“Since were on our way to get some dinner why don’t you join us since you haven’t eaten dinner yet, right?” Chun asked Wind.

“Haven’t, but I’m still in these dirty clothes so you can just go with out me… Thanks for the invite though.” Wind said.

“Oh, we’ll just wait for you to be ready then.” Calvin said and the others nodded, agreeing.

“But-“ Wind wasn’t so pleased with idea of letting them wait.

“You got to eat too.” Chun added. Wind realised she wasn’t going to win this and just nodded.

“Okay, I’ll hurry then.” She then hurried out of the studio to get showered and changed. Meanwhile the guys sat down on the floor to wait. Jiro, Calvin and Chun looked over at Aaron.

“What?” He asked them after some seconds of them staring at him.

“So she’s the one who have changed you…” Jiro said and the other two nodded. Aaron looked questioning at them.

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“Oh, just that you smile and is a bit more cheerful than normally.” Calvin explained. Aaron looked down on the floor so the others couldn’t see that he was slightly embarrassed.

“So have you confessed?” Jiro asked curiously but also with a teasing glint in his eyes.

“…” Aaron blushed a little. He refused to answer that question.

“Jiro you’re making him blush!” Calvin said as he laughed.

“Hey you two! Don’t tease Aaron!” Chun said to them. Just then they heard a gentle laugh from the entrance. They all looked to the door where Wind was standing fully changed.

“Wh-When did y-you come?” Aaron stuttered afraid if she heard what the others just said.

“I just arrived.” She answered with a smile. Aaron mentally sighed in relief.

“Well, let’s go get something to eat then!” Chun said as he got up from the floor. The other three also got up.

 


 

“Order anything you like! I’m the one paying.” Chun said to Wind as they where looking at the menu. Wind looked down over the list of dishes and was quite taken back by the prices. It was more than she had earned on one day before when she was working.

“I’ll just take number 17 and some water…” Wind said as she picked the cheapest food, a salad. The others looked surprised at her. She was sitting between Aaron and Chun while Jiro and Calvin was across from them.

“Your not hungry?” Chun asked worried.

“Not really…” At least not after seeing the prices.

“Okay, but if you get more hungry just tell us and we’ll order some more.” Jiro said, wanting Chun to pay a lot for the two elbows he had gotten earlier. Chun didn’t seem to notice Jiro’s hidden motive.

5 minutes later everyone had decided on what they wanted and the waiter had left them to themselves. Jiro, Chun and Calvin began chatting with Wind and getting to know her. After some more time three waiters came back with all their food. Chun had ordered a couple of different dishes since he hadn’t been able to decide which one he wanted.

 


 

“Hey, hey, what do you call 50 penguins in the Arctic?” Calvin said on their way out of the restaurant. The other three guys sighed as they where tired of his cold jokes which he had been telling for the last 20 minutes.

“What?” Wind asked curiously.

“Lost!” Calvin laughed. Wind giggled as the three others looked questioning at Calvin. “Penguins live in Antarctica…” Calvin explained with a sigh. “Now the joke isn’t fun anymore…” He added.

“It was never fun…” Jiro said.

“You just have no humour for those kind of jokes…” Calvin answered him back. 

“Wind we’ll drop you off on the way.” Chun said to her. Wind smiled.

“It’s okay, but I’ll take a cab.” She wasn’t very happy with the idea of them seeing her little, very small and almost empty, apartment. She turned around and waved for a cab. “Thanks for the dinner and it was nice to meet you.” She said with a smile as she opened the door. She was starting to feel a little dizzy. “Good night~” She waved to them before getting into the cap and told him the direction of her apartment as the cabdriver drove away.