Chapter 8

Love and Punishment

 

It all happened like in slow motion and it only made the episode more horrific. As Wei Xiong fired the gun across the area with tables and people sitting, Aaron and Wind had just made themselves ready to head back to the park since their break was about to end when the gunshot was heard and to Aaron’s horror he saw Wind fall to the ground.

“Wind!” He yelped as he just managed to catch her before she hid the ground. Screams could be heard around at the café as most of the guests tried to flee in the fear of also getting shot. Jin had hoped he had knocked Wei Xiong to the ground before he could have fired the gun but he wasn’t as fortunate and the bullet still penetrated Wind’s body. Jin got Wei Xiong to the ground and held him while removing the run from his hand.

“Call an ambulance and the police! Hurry!” Jin yelled to some of the shocked bystanders. Soon after the sirens could be heard in the distance getting clearer and clearer. More and more people gathered at the scene and the director and some of the other workers also arrived. As the ambulance arrived Wind got hurried to the nearest hospital with Aaron accompanying her. Jin accompanied Wei Xiong to the police station.

 


 

“…” Aaron was walking from one side to the other and back again continuously in his own thoughts as running footsteps could be heard down the corridor.

“Aaron!” He heard Jiro’s voice and looked up and found the three guys standing in front of him trying to catch their breath.

“How’s Wind?” Chun asked worried. Aaron began his pace again.

“Nothing new… She’s still in the ER…” Aaron hoped the doctor would soon come out and end his agony by telling him Wind was okay now.

“There’s a lot of journalists out there… We had to take the fire escape to even get in without being buried in questions!” Calvin said as he finally had caught his breath. Aaron didn’t seem to listen as he just continued as before. Jiro sighed.

“Do you mind stop pacing around?” He asked. No response. “Aaron!” Aaron jerked out from his thoughts and looked questioning at Jiro. “Stop pacing around! You’re making us even more anxious! Sit down.” Aaron shook his head.

“I can’t… I’m to worried… What if they can’t save her?” He said with fear painted all over his face. Chun placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Wind is strong. Just believe that she’s going to make it and I’m sure she will.” Aaron hesitated before he sighed and sunk down on one of the chairs.

“You’re right” He sighed once again. “But I’m still worried.” Chun smiled.

“It’s okay-“ Chun got interrupted by the doctor as he came through the doors. Aaron jumped up from his seat and stormed over to him.

“How is she?” He almost yelled at the doctor. The doctor looked shocked at him for a second but saw the anxiety in Aaron’s face.

“She’s stabilized right now but we still need to attend her very often to be sure she keeps that way.” Aaron mentally sighed in relief. “She’s lucky that the bullet didn’t hit any organs. If it had hit only a centimetre more to the left it would have bursted her stomach.”

“Can we see her?” Aaron asked.

“She’s not awake right now but if you’re quiet you can go see her.” Aaron lit up. “She’s in room 404 down that corridor.”

“Thanks!” Aaron was almost gone with the wind as he hurried to her room. Even though the doctor had said she was stabilized right now he wanted to see it with his own eyes before he would be at peace. Aaron slowly opened the door into the white hospital room and walked in. Wind was lying on the bed with a peaceful expression on her face. Aaron couldn’t help but smile when seeing her face. He sat down on the chair beside her bed and took her hand. Soon after the three other guys arrived.

“Hey Aaron, you know you aren’t allowed to run in a hospital right?” Calvin asked in a low voice so he wouldn’t disturb Wind.

“I never knew you could run so fast… And even after those knee surgeries…” Jiro sighed. They also sat down and looked at the peaceful Wind.

 


 

“We have to go now… We have a fan meeting to promote the new album tomorrow.” Chun said as he stood up from his seat hours after they had arrived. Jiro and Calvin nodded as they also stood up. They all looked over at Aaron.

“I’m going to stay here…”

“What about the fan meeting?” Calvin asked.

“He’s allowed to stay here and then you three go to the fan meeting. I’m sure Aaron got quite the shock today.” Everyone looked over to the door where CEO Lu Yan-qing was standing.

“Thanks.” Aaron said with a smile.

“Well, then we’ll come back after the fan meeting…” Calvin said.

“But what should we tell them if they ask about Aaron and Wind?” Jiro questioned the CEO.

“Just say Aaron’s shocked about the episode and avoid the questions about Wind since I still don’t know the reason why the guy shot her… But I will find out tomorrow.” The guys nodded.

“See you Aaron.” Chun said as Aaron nodded and the guys walked past Lu Yan-qing and out of the room.

“Oh yeah, the reporters are still at the front gate so you have to go out from another entrance.” Lu Yan-qing called to them before they where gone. He then turned to Aaron. “Care to tell me what happened today? I haven’t got the whole story yet.” Aaron sighed as he nodded.

“The director told us to take half an hour break to get something to eat and drink and me and Wind walked over to the café and got a table outdoors…” Aaron told him the whole story of what happened.

“I see…” Lu Yan-qing said thoughtful. He then stood up from his seat. “I’ll go to the police station now and see if they can tell me something.” He walked over to the door before he stopped and turned to face Aaron again. “Call me if Wind wakes up and you should also get some rest.” Aaron nodded. “I’ll come back tomorrow, and hopefully a bit more informed about the gunman.” He then opened the door and walked out of the room.

“I really hope that guy ends up in jail for a very long time.” Aaron whispered hatefully as he remembered the guy. He looked at Winds face. He could feel the sleepiness fall over him. Soon he fell asleep still holding onto Winds hand.