Major Déjà Vu

A Burning Fire Needs A Breeze

 

"Hyunseung, wake up!" I heard as someone began to shake me like crazy. I don't wake up at first and I groan, turning to lay on my stomach instead of getting up. Whoever was shaking me sighed and shook me again, very persistant. This was beginning to get annoying and now I was awake, sadly. I was awake but not my usual happy self. This person got on my last nerve. "What do you want?!?" I shot up, throwing my hand out in the direction I thought the person was in. My eyes were closed so I had no idea who it was and I was too sleepy to know the voice. After I threw my hand out, I blasted the person away with a large gust of wind, knocking him to the other side of the room against the wall. I opened my eyes when I heard a cry of pain, seeing that it was Dongwoon who I launched with my air power. "Sorry.." With a small sigh, I stood up and went over to Dongwoon, holding my hand out for him to take. I helped him up before looking at the other with a sleepy yet irritated face. "Now what did you want?" I asked Dongwoon, watching him closely.
 
Dongwoon wasn't hurt at all from the blast back, just sore and achy really. "I was just waking you up.." he mumbled.
"You woke me up for nothing?" I ask.
"You didn't let me finish.
Glaring softly at Dongwoon, I spoke again, "What else?" I ask.
"There is something me and Yoseob wanted to show you outside. It's so strange.. Our tribe leader doesn't know about it, Yoseob found it when he was walking this morning." Dongwoon said to me, glancing back to see Yoseob enter the cabin.
"Oh good, your up!" Yoseob said cheerfully.
"Dongwoon told me you found something on your walk?" I asked. He nodded, 
"Yup, wanna see? It's so strange, I've never seen it before." Yoseob said. This was making me interested...
"Of course I wanna see it!" I said, mood instantly changing to happiness. I watched as Yoseob grinned and then turned to get his bag which was on his bed. He waved me and Dongwoon over so we go, standing on each side of the blonde. "Ready to see it?" Yoseob asked, looking at me mainly since I haven't seen it yet. I nod. "Uh huh.
 
I wasn't expecting what Yoseob pulled out of his bag at all. When I saw what was in the other's hand, my jaw drops and I quickly grab it. "Coal?" I ask. "Where in the world did you find this?" I was so shocked because in the air tribe there wasn't any coal. We didn't make or use coal in our lives so I had no idea why it would be over here and more importantly, why Yoseob had it. "It was at the forest. I didn't go in the bushes but the coal was right where the trees started." he said, watching me examine the coal. I was so shocked and curious now. This was really odd, so strange. I put the coal back in Yoseob's bag when I noticed it leave black marks on my fingers, making them all dirty. Yoseob's hands were really dirty from handling the coal, so were Dongwoon's. "Hyunseung, you can't tell anyone that I have coal, okay?" Yoseob looked at me with pleading eyes.
"Are you crazy? If I told on you we'd all get in trouble." I said, looking at Dongwoon and back to Yoseob. He nods, understanding and relieved. 
"If our leader finds out he will punish us badly, I don't like getting punished at all.
"Don't worry," I place a hand on Yoseob's shoulder. "I won't tell." I winked. 
"You guys have to promise.
"Okay, I promise." I said. 
"Me too." Dongwoon chimed in quietly.
"No no, not like that." Yoseob said.
I rose my eyebrow. "Then how do we promise?" I ask as I watched Yoseob put his hand out. He looked to it and I instantly caught on, putting my hand onto his, Dongwoon doing the same after me. Yoseob was a strange boy and he did things differently than everyone else but he was my best friend so I didn't care much anymore about his weirdness. Yoseob seemed delighted that we all apologized and he nodded. "Great, now if anyone does find it what should we do?" he asked.
"Deny it.
Yoseob cocked his head to the side in confusion. "What?"
"Deny that it was yours, act like you've never seen it in your life." I explain.
"If you say it's not yours then you won't get in trouble." Dongwoon added. Yoseob nodded and closed his bag before moving to hide it under his pillow. Wow, great hiding spot. I was about to speak until I saw something outside from the corner of my eye.
 
I turned my head and took a few steps closer to the window, looking around. "What's wrong?" Yoseob asked, wondering what I was looking for. 
"Nothing." I reply, turning to look at him. "I'm going outside." before they could answer I hurried and left the cabin.
 
It was morning and barely anyone was up yet besides me, Yoseob and Dongwoon. The sun was just coming out, giving everything a dim shine. It took my eyes a second to adjust before I glance around, listening. It was a really quiet morning. The only noise were birds chirping off in the distance. I continued to look around, my eyes catching something. Smoke. It was in the direction of where I wandered off to last night, near the stone wall. Curiously, I begin to walk in the direction of the wall. I continued walking until I heard a cabin door open. That was when I bolted, taking of running into the forest. Tree branches snap in my face and vines scratched my arms up as I ran but I had to see what the smoke was and where it was coming from. I kept running, slowing down when I saw the clearing at which the stone wall was. I stopped and started to slowly walk closer, not afraid anymore. I finally reach the clearing, brushing myself off for a few moments before looking up into the sky to see where the smoke was coming from. It was behind the wall. "Hmmm.." I looked at the wall as I remembered what happened last night with the other boy, Junhyung, or something close to that. How did he climb up? It was smooth so I couldn't see where the other could put his feet to stand or at least get him off the ground. I continued to think before taking a few steps back. With a focused face, I take a running start towards the wall, jumping at just the right moment. I grab the top of the wall with my hands at full jump, body slamming against it. I make a face and bit my lip, that didn't feel good at all.
 
Well now I was pathetically hanging from the wall, the only thing keeping me up is my strong arms. I grunted quietly as I tried pulling myself up, but no use. I kicked my shoe against the wall as I tried to push myself up but I lost my footing and fell backwards, landing hard on the ground so I was then laying on my back. I had hit my head on the ground and now I was seeing stars and I felt a sharp pain, probably a headache starting. I slowly sat up, rubbing my head. That probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. I glanced up into the sky, seeing that the smoke was still lingering in the air, taunting me of my recent failure to climb up the wall. I was about to get up until I heard leaves crunching as if someone was walking towards the wall from the other side.
 
I was about to get up until I saw hands on the top of the wall. Wow. I stared, shocked. A strong feeling of déjà vu came over me as I watched longer, then hearing the scraping of one's shoes on the wall. "Hello?" I didn't get a chance to stop myself. The scraping on the wall stopped instantly when I spoke but it resumed and a moment later I saw the same boy from last night, Junhyung, peeking over. "It's you again." Junhyung pulled himself up fully, watching as I stood. "What are you doing here?" I heard him ask. 
"Huh?" I stared at him, not knowing how to answer. 
"I asked, what are you doing here?" he repeated.
"Well, this is my tribe's land. What are you doing here is the better question." I said. 
Junhyung seemed surprised that I answered so firmly and he swung his legs over the wall, sitting. "I'm exploring." He jumped down from the wall onto my tribe's land, standing straight to then brush himself off. I took a small step back, having never been so close to the other tribe's kind of people before. "And you can't say that I'm strange for exploring. I saw you try and climb over the wall, it was amusing.." Junhyung smirked. I narrowed my eyes at him to dangerous slits.
"I've never had experience with climbing stone walls before, so sorry!" I frowned. This seemed to catch him off guard. He didn't reply back to what I said, and that was making me more upset by the second and he seemed to notice. I finally lost it when I saw a smirk play his lips again. 
 
Without thinking, I growl with irritation before taking a step forward with my arms straight out infront of me, blasting Junhyung with a gust of wind that knocks him against the stone. He seemed surprised at first but he quickly regained his composure before shooting a circular ball of fire straight for me. I quickly block myself from getting hit, moving my arms infront of my face and bracing for the hot impact. It hit, and damn did it hurt. I bit my lip extra hard as my arms burned. I blew out the flames that had been on my arms before letting out a strained cry of pain. I was too busy being in pain to notice that Junhyung seemed to cringe faintly when I sounded in pain. "What was that for!?" I cried out, a few more pained grunts and whimpers escaping my lips as I rubbed my blackened and burned arms, tears threatening to burst from my eyes.
"You started it!"
"No I didn't!
"Yes you did!" he shot back. This leaves me silent, thinking over the situation quickly. I did start this whole thing. 
"Just-... Whatever, sorry." I look down at my arms, biting my lip so hard that it began to bleed. My arms were burning up! The stinging pain was killing me slowly and I couldn't stand it anymore. 
"I'm sorry for burning you.. I know that did more damage then me being blown back by some wind." he watched me, waiting for a reaction.
I looked up at him and glared. "You should be sorry." I mutter, touching my arm lightly with my finger and letting out a pained noise, "It hurts so much.." I said, mainly to myself. I didn't notice him move to the forest and look around before picking a few leaves from a bush.
"Here." he held them out to me, keeping a good distance away. I guess he was cautious about me as well. I snatch the leaves before looking at them blankly. "Rub them on your arms." Junhyung pointed, sighing. I look at the leaves before doing as he said, starting to rub them on my burned arms. I felt a soothing relief and I was beginning to feel a little better. 
"Thanks." I needed to thank him for at least trying to help a problem he caused.
"Your welcome.." he said, looking at me. "So, your name is Hyunseung?" he asked. 
"Yes, Jang Hyunseung. And you are Junhyung?" I ask.
"Yong Junhyung from the fire tribe.
"Air tribe.." I reply, eying him cautiously. It was quite obvious that he was from the fire tribe. My arms knew that now at least. A few more slightly awkward and silent moments pass before I hear my name being called from my tribe. "You have to get out of here, now Junhyung. I have to go." I said.
"It was great talking to you." I could hear the sarcasm in Junhyung's voice but for some strange reason I could tell he enjoyed butting heads with me. I had to admit, it was enjoyable to argue with someone and I found it quite interesting to talk to a fire tribe boy. Without another word, I take off back into the forest in the direction of my tribe. 
 
"Hyunseung? Where are you?" I could hear Dongwoon call, followed by Yoseob calling for me. Oh crap. I pop out of the forest before running to them from behind the cabin so they wouldn't see me.
"Aish, what's with the yelling?" I stop running, acting like I had been there the whole time. 
"Where were you?" Yoseob asked. 
"I was taking a nap behind our cabin." it wasn't my best lie but I was under pressure!
"Behind the cabin? Thats weird Hyunseung. Why behind the cabin?" Dongwoon asked.
"Oh my god, what happened to your arms!?" Yoseob finally realized, seeing that my arms were charcoal black. 
"I-... Ummm.." I look down at my arms. Had I been discovered already?
"We're you playing with the coal I found?" Yoseob asked, looking at me weirdly. 
"Uh.. Yeah, I was actually! Umm.. I didn't realize how much of a mess it would make.." I laughed awkwardly. Wow, that saved my . I watched as Yoseob and Dongwoon exchanged weird looks before shrugging and going back inside the cabin. I stay outside, my emotions going out of control.
What else would my crazy day have in store?