What A Night

A Burning Fire Needs A Breeze

I quietly tiptoed out of my house as I looked around. It was really dark outside, almost pitch black. Great. I smiled to myself as I began to creep around the side of my cabin, slowly going down to all fours so I wouldn't be spotted by any tribe members, or my friends. The last thing I wanted was to have to explain why I was sneaking out or where I was even going at this time, which was just five minutes passed midnight. I continue to crawl silently along the side of the cabin, being as quiet as I possibly could. I crawl another inch and when my knee hits the ground there is a loud crunch. My eyes widened and I cringe back, knowing I would be caught. This wasn't good. I could feel my heart beating in my chest as a light from another cabin . I closed my eyes and got into a turtle like position so I just looked like a boulder and I stayed completely still, not daring to move an inch. My breathing was beginning to become shaky as I grew more nervous and scared. What would happen if they caught me? Would I be killed? Would they ban me from the tribe so I'd have to fend for myself in the wilderness? Me? In the wilderness by myself? The thought made me want to laugh with disgust. I continue to sit there, frozen in my place. The light was still on and I was growing even more uncomfortable and nervous by the second. I slowly turn to look at the cabin, not seeing anyone looking outside. Okay, good. I take a deep breath before slowly standing, beginning to walk again quietly without being seen. I turn the corner around my cabin and begin to sneak along when suddenly I'm tackled to the ground.

 
"Hyunseung!" It was Yoseob. "Why are you out so late? I thought you went to sleep, but when I woke up, you weren't there so I got scared and went out looking for you." the other explained. Me and Yoseob shared a cabin together along with another one of my friends named Dongwoon. 
"Yah! Get off of me!" I hissed before pushing Yoseob off and sitting up, brushing myself off. I looked up at Yoseob, his face only being lit up by the full moon and making his blonde hair shine lightly. Yoseob sat up and looked at me, pouting ever so slightly. "You never answered my question." he said.
I frown, "What question? Aiiiishhh, go to bed." I sigh.
"Tell me!
"Tell you what?" I looked at him strangely. 
"What I asked..." Yoseob stared at me with large, child-like eyes. 
"I forgot what you asked, now go to bed."  
"Hyunseung!" Yoseob whined, looking at me. "What are you doing out so late?
"Fine, if you must know." I sigh.
Yoseob urged me on, "Yes I do!
"I couldn't sleep.
"Wait.. Huh? That's all?" Yoseob sounded surprised.
I nod. "Yes, I couldn't sleep so I decided to take a walk." It was sorta true at least. I watch Yoseob to see his reaction and I'm very pleased. He was so gullible, just like a little child. "Now go back to bed, if our tribe leader catches us both out here we'll get in trouble!" I try to make him leave. 
"What about you? Wouldn't you get into trouble too?
"Aish, you ask too many questions." I was beginning to get annoyed. Yoseob asked so many questions sometimes! "I take walks every night, I never get caught. Go, go." I wave my hands at him, wanting him to leave. Yoseob hesitantly smiled before getting up without a word, quietly running back to the cabin like I ordered him too. Excellent. I watched him go inside before I got up, taking off before he changed his mind and came back to bother me more. 
 
I continued to run along the side of the cabin before stopping at the other edge. I turn and press myself flat against the wall before I slowly peeked around the corner to see if anyone was out that could see me. Nope. No one was outside. I smile before darting forward into the forest, where I am soon fully hidden by the bushes, trees and shadows of the night. 
 
I know where I'm going, but no one else does.. I'm not a secretive person.. Well, I might be, but being secretive is good and in this case it could save my . Yoseob and Dongwoon are my best friends but I still can't tell them anything.. I don't want to risk anything and I'm just to afraid to. I'm highly aware that running through the forest is extremely noisy and my tribe can probably hear me, but who cares? No one would even suspect that it was me making all the noise. Me, a very adventurous, rebellious, and curious boy just looking for some fun. The first thing that would cross their minds would be that it is some kind of wild animal crashing through, nothing else really and certainly not me. 
 
I continue to run, knowing that I was almost to my destination. I was so close! When it comes into view, I freeze and hide behind a tree. I wait for a few seconds before poking my head around, looking to see if anyone was there. I cautiously take two steps forward, trying my best not to step on any crunchy leaves. I didn't make a sound as I stepped forward again. I waited for a moment before jumping into the clearing where no leaves were or any noise makers. Yes, I'm finally there.
 
I take a glance around before reaching out. My hand is shaky and I'm still nervous. My heart continued to pound in my chest and it felt like it suddenly stopped as I placed my hand against the cool and smooth surface of the stone wall. Wow. I thought this moment would be so amazing.. For the past three nights I've been sneaking out from my tribe to go to this stone wall. This is the first time I've ever touched it. I was expecting there to be a giant explosion or at least something.. No traps? Alarms? I was surprised. No one from my tribe were allowed to go near this stone wall and I've just touched it, and nothing happens? That was lame. I the wall lightly, expecting it closely with my big brown eyes. I was just about to turn around and walk back to my tribe until I heard a noise which came from the other side. My eyes widened. 
 
Ever since I was little, I've been told about the people who live on the other side of this exact stone wall. From what has been said, they don't seem like good people at all. I've been warned countless times to stay away from the wall at all costs but I'm too curious and stubborn to listen. I freeze, watching the wall. I heard another noise and I glanced up to see someone's hand grasping the top of the wall. Without thinking, I suddenly gasp and fall back, shocked. The hand disappears and I hear a voice, "Who's there?" I know whoever spoke is talking to me but I don't know what to say so I stay completely silent, hoping and praying for the stranger to get confused and leave. My eyes are glued to the wall, seeing the hand grasp the top again. A moment later, two hands and the sound of scraping on the other side. I was about to get up and run when I saw a head poke up. I continue to watch, too shocked to even speak as a boy about my age pulls himself up, looking around before spotting me. "Who are you?" He asked again, eyeing me suspiciously. 
"Who are you?" I stammer. 
"I asked you first." the other replied, narrowing his eyes dangerously at me. 
My heart begins to race and my head starts spinning. What do I say? What do I say!?
"Hyunseung." slipped out, answering the other's question. I watch him nod, not once taking his eyes off of me. "Now answer me.." I stammer. 
"Junhyung." he replied. I continue to stare, nodding faintly to let him know I heard. What now? Well, this is awkward. I quickly scramble to my feet, not daring to lose eye contact with him with the fear of him turning on me and attacking. Junhyung turned his head to look behind him, seeming to be cautious about something like I am. I take a small step back and his head darts back at me, watching me like a hawk. He narrows his eyes at me before speaking, "Nice to meet you.
"Y-you too." I whispered as I watched Junhyung jump down. I could hear his running footsteps becoming quieter and quieter and then I knew that I was alone. What just happened? I gasp. I had forgotten to breath all that time and now I felt dizzy! Taking quick breaths, I grasp at my chest, feeling my heart racing like I was going to have a heart attack. That was terrifying! I shake my head before turning, dashing back to the safety of my beloved tribe.
I had enough action for one night.