Don't Hate Me..

A Burning Fire Needs A Breeze

I had just gotten back to my cabin and I was so nervous. My stomach was filling up with butterflies and I didn't know what to do or what I should say to Yoseob and Dongwoon. Would they hate me? My best friends? Hate me? Just imagining that broke my heart. I seriously had no clue on what to do. I was so scared. Yoseob was laying on the floor inside a base he made out of pillows and our bed sheets along with Dongwoon. The two boys were playing 'house' and here I was sitting by myself on the other side of the room on my bed deep in thought and ignoring the childish giggles the two were making. "Hyunseung~ Come play house with us!" Yoseob called, his blonde head poking out of one of the 'windows' which was just a gap in the two pillows for the wall. 
"Yeah Hyunseung!" Dongwoon poked his head out as well, long dark brown hair covering his face for a few temporary moments, hiding his goofy grin. At hearing the two call my name I look up, me and Yoseob's eyes meeting. "Hyunseung, you never play with us." Yoseob pouted faintly. If it wasn't for his adorableness, I would have said something flat out rude and arrogant but I knew better than to hurt the younger's feelings.

"Hyunseung is busy." I said, looking away.

"No you are not! What are you doing then?" Yoseob was getting fiesty. 
"Aissh.

"Hyunseung!
"Come on Hyunseung, if you play with us for a little, he'll leave you alone."

They were getting on my stressed out nerves. "Fine!" I gave in however. I knew Dongwoon was right; if I played for just a few minutes, Yoseob would leave me be. Maybe playing with them would be good too? It would make them both happy and they'd get good moods so then I would be able to break the news of my boyfriend. Hopefully this would work, if not then I'm so screwed. So so screwed. With a small sigh of defeat, I get off my bed and wander over to Yoseob and Dongwoon's pillow and blanket fort, hoping I wasn't about to enter hell by agreeing to play house with them.

 

"Now Hyunseung, what do you say?" Yoseob asked in a childish voice as he handed me a teacup.

This was hell. "Thanks Yoseob." I reply, taking the teacup with a straight face, not enjoying this whatsoever. 
"Thats a good boy." Yoseob winked at me and my eyebrow rose. What the heck? This was torture! "Dongwoonie, can you get our guest a blanket? I think he's cold." Yoseob looked at Dongwoon, who smiled and reached behind him, grabbing one of Yoseob's pink blankets. He set it on my lap.

"There you go." Dongwoon was trying to hold back his laughter. He knew I was hating every second of this, Dongwoon was just lucky because he was very patient and had amazing tolerance with Yoseob's antics. Yoseob was lucky too that I was even playing this stupid little game with them. If it wasn't for the unsettling news I was going to tell them, I wouldn't even be cooperating with this. I would have already gone off to do whatever.

"Yoseob how much longer?" I ask. 
"What?"
"Nevermind." I grumbled. I knew Yoseob wasn't done playing anytime soon. 

 

About ten more minutes of misery had gone by and now I was trying to be cheerful. I knew this would end soon and I would tell them about my beloved Junhyung. "And then a giant monster crushes the fort and we all escape!" Yoseob quickly stood before jumping on the fort, kicking the pillows around. Luckily me and Dongwoon weren't in there. Yoseob would have killed us. "And a blast of air destroys the whole place!" Yoseob grinned before throwing his hands out infront of him, blasting the pillows up with air. Afterwards, he and Dongwoon erupt in laughter before blowing the pillows around more, having fun using their power. I continue to sit there, watching the pillows being blown around. 
"Guys I have something to say-.."

Yoseob accidentally blasts a pillow in my face, cutting me off. "Sorry Hyunseung!" He apologized before lifting himself off the ground with air, flying up to get a pillow which had gotten stuck on the ceiling.

"Guys.." the two weren't listening and my irritation was growing. "GUYS!" I jump from the bed which I had been sitting on, blasting everything around me with a strong gust of air. Yoseob falls and lands on his and Dongwoon as well, both turning their heads to look at me. "What is it?" Dongwoon asked, curious.

"I've been wanting to tell you guys all morning but I was forced to play that stupid house game!" I was fuming mad. 

"It was lame Yoseob.." Dongwoon looked at the blonde, nodding with a apologetic smile. 
Yoseob nodded slowly, "I know.. I just wanted you to be happy Hyunseung. You've been so weird lately." he explained, feeling bad.

At hearing this, my anger begins to melt away. "Yoseob, I know I haven't been myself lately and I'm so sorry." I start, "I feel bad for ditching you two a lot and not being my normal happy self. I know it's weird for you guys and I feel bad but--.."
"But what?" Yoseob was now curious as well. "You have a girlfriend, don't you?"
My smile fades and I shake my head, heart heavy. "No...

".. Boyfriend?
I nod slowly. "Yes and you've never met him.
"We know everyone in our tribe, how could we not have met him before?" Dongwoon asked. 
"It's because he isn't from around here." I closed my eyes. 
"What does that supposed to mean?" Yoseob laughs awkwardly.

"His name is Junhyung and he is from the fire tribe." it rolls so easily from my tongue but after I speak I wish I had just kept my mouth shut. I close my eyes tighter, becoming worried when I don't hear a single word. After a few long and silent moments, I pry my eyes open to see Yoseob and Dongwoon staring at me with disbelief.

"What? That's impossible." Yoseob's voice cracks and he begins to laugh to make it less awkward in the room. 
"Really Hyunseung?" Dongwoon was shocked.

I nod. "Yes. It's true.

"How? What? This is impossible! The fire tribe is just a bunch of idiotic brutes! How could you possibly fall in love with one?! They are heartless so how did one fall in love with you!?" Yoseob finally explodes. 

"Yoseob! They aren't heartless like the old stories say they are! They are just like us, they have feelings and friends too!" I defend the other tribe. "Junhyung is the sweetest guy I've ever met and he is from the fire tribe!" I said. "I know our tribe has been enemies with the other tribes before we were even born but that doesn't mean things can't change!"
"How did you even get over there?" Yoseob asked, crossing his arms infront of his chest. I knew I was winning this battle.

"You know.. There is a wall behind the forest. Every time you guys didn't know where I was, I was trying to climb over it to see Junhyung.
Yoseob gasps. "You've been over there!?
"Yes Yoseob I have. I've also kissed the lips of a fire elemental and it was awesome." I crossed my arms infront of my chest as well, a small smile on my face at seeing Yoseob and Dongwoon's shocked expressions. "Do you guys hate me?" my smile fades. 

Yoseob stays silent. "I don't hate you. I'm glad your happier.." Dongwoon said, shock still in his voice. He clears his throat and turns to Yoseob. "Speak." He gives the blonde a nudge. 
Yoseob looks up at me. "I could never hate you Hyunseung." he hesitates but smiles. "We're brothers whether you like it or not. All three of us, brothers." Yoseob stands and holds his arms out. "I need hugs." he said. Dongwoon grins and stands as well, hugging him.

"Come on Hyun."

"Don't leave us hanging."

I can't help but smile brightly before running to my brothers. I join them in the hug, smiling. I was so happy right now. "I love you guys! You all are the best!" I hug them both tightly, all three of us beginning to laugh. We really were brothers and nothing could seperate us. Ever.