Hyunseung The Gumdrop

A Burning Fire Needs A Breeze

 

I had a fairly good night. I slept fine and was woken up by the light patter of rain on our cabin roof. It was a dark and cloudy afternoon; rather depressing if I do say so myself, but this didn't affect Yoseob and Dongwoon's spirits. They were as happy as could be, or at least Yoseob was as usual. It was about noon and it had been a drizzly day. It had rained several times on and off and it looked like it was fixing to rain soon, but unfortunately Yoseob remembered the promise I made to him about playing with Dongwoon and him today. Crap. I really didn't want to go outside now.. It was humid and muggy, everything was wet, there were puddles of mud everywhere and the ground was slippery. I had tried to convince Yoseob to stay inside with me and Dongwoon and just play card games or something. I wasn't going to tell Yoseob this, but Dongwoon wanted to stay inside too. He had even told me it was just a gross day but not wanting to upset Yoseob, he took the blonde's side, so guess what we're doing now when I could be taking a nap? We're going out in the rain to play. Yay.. I can barely hold my excitement. Someone please kill me!
 
"Dongwoonie, where are our raincoats?" Yoseob asked as he fluttered around the cabin to look for our coats. 
Dongwoon shrugged, "I don't know." I looked over at him and we exchanged looks before Yoseob spoke again.
"Hyunseung, do you know where they are?" Yoseob asked me this time. 
"No Yoseob, I have no idea where they are." I replied. "Mine is the dark blue, Dongwoon's is the teal and yours is the faded green, remember?
"Yes I remember but where are they?" I watch as Yoseob jumps onto a bed; my bed, of course, to get to a shelf which was high up. Yoseob already had his yellow, yes yellow, rainboots on along with a dark green hat. He looked like a little boy getting ready to go and play in the rain. Wait.. He is a little boy so.. Yeah. Hmm.. 
"I found them! You guys don't have to worry anymore!" Yoseob exclaims as he hops off my bed with our rain coats in his hands. He tosses me my dark blue rain coat before handing Dongwoon his. Me and Dongwoon exchange looks again before putting our coats on. 
"Do we have to wear these?" Dongwoon asked Yoseob. 
"I look like a giant blue gum drop." I complained, adjusting my large rain coat.
"Come on guys, it'll be fun!" Yoseob, the always cheerful boy said. "Let's go!" Yoseob grabbed Dongwoon and I's hands' before pulling us outside into the muggy and gross weather.
 
The second we step outside and off the porch, I instantly become wet. The rain had gotten stronger when Yoseob had wasted all that time just to find our silly gum drop coats which I despised. They were so ugly and made me look huge..
"Yoseob, can't we go back in-... YAH!" I suddenly yell out when Yoseob hits my arm.
"Tag! Hyunseung's it!" I hear before seeing the little blonde squirrel run off. I blink. What? We were playing tag? In the rain? I watch as Dongwoon seems to get energized as he dashes off behind Yoseob. Were they expecting me to chase them or something? I looked around, seeing no one else really outside. Deciding it was okay since no one was outside that could see me, I smile, laugh and run off after Yoseob. Hey, even though I found Yoseob and his little games to be annoying, they were fun sometimes and I likes having fun.. 
"You run slow, babo Hyunseung!" I hear Yoseob call. What did that boy just call me? I stop in my tracks and instantly lose my smile. This wasn't a game anymore. This was WAR. I was the only one who called people babos and I wasn't a babo. With a determined smirk, I resume and take off running after Yoseob and Dongwoon with a new-found speed and ambition. I had to get Yoseob, I wanted to show him that HE was the babo and NOT me. 
"Your gonna get it Yoseob!" I called as I galloped along Yoseob's tail. I was getting closer and closer. 
"Babo!" he called. 
"Your the babo!" I say as I take a large jump forward, tagging Yoseob's shoulder blade. "Your it!" I smirk before spinning around and taking off in the other direction. Dongwoon was a little ways ahead of me running. "Dongwoon, wait up!" I call. I notice Dongwoon slow and I smirk when we're running alongside eachother. "Let's ditch Yoseob and go back inside." I say. I watch Dongwoon's smile turn to a mischievous smirk and I grin, knowing he wanted to do what I said. 
"Okay! You go that way and I'll go this way, we need to loose him." the two of us continued to run, splitting up now and heading for the cabin. I take a glance back and stop running. Yoseob wasn't even chasing us, he had gotten distracted by someone else in our tribe who needed help. I guess the game was canceled now.. Great! 
--
"Here Hyunseung," Dongwoon tossed me a towel to dry off. The gum drop coat didn't work very well, I was cold and wet and so was Dongwoon. I mainly felt bad for Yoseob though, he had fallen in some mud when he was running and now he was about to shower with Dongwoon. It was still pouring outside and I wasn't sure if I wanted to go and meet Junhyung or not.. I had promised to see him, but I didnt know about the weather. The weather was horrible so I didn't know what I'd do now. I look over to see Dongwoon and Yoseob go in the bathroom to shower and I glance back outside. Now is my chance, but do I really want to? Yes.. I do want to.. With a small sigh, I stand and go over to the window, seeing how bad the rain was. A total down pour. The minute I step outside I bet I'd get soaked. Oh gosh, this'll be fun.
 
With a small excited smile, I opened the door and left the cabin, now on the porch. I wasn't wet yet but I knew that the second I got out from under the porch, I'd be miserable. Deciding to get this thing over with, I take a large leap out into the rain. Just as I expected, I'm completely soaked head to toe from the heavy rain within three seconds. My hair is drenched and even though I'm fully clothed I feel wet and gross everywhere, and I do mean EVERYWHERE. It didn't feel too pleasant but it would be worth it, I enjoyed talking to Junhyung a lot. Deciding to go ahead, I ran off to the forest so me and Junhyung could hang out.
 
I finally get to the wall and it's extremely slippery. I stare at it through my hair, since the rain made it fall infront of my eyes, and I bite my lip. It looks very hard to climb now and the slipperiness.. It was so slippery with no grip at all.
"Aiishhh.."
With a small shrug, I jump and grab the top with my hands. I gasp sharply when my hand slips but I keep a strong grip so I wouldn't fall backwards. I pull myself up (which was extremely hard to do with the wall being so slippery) and I glance around. I can't see Junhyung anywhere but then again it's raining so hard I can barely see anything at that moment. All is fine as I swing my legs over the wall. I adjust myself on the wall, getting ready to jump, but suddenly my hand slips.
 
My eyes widen as I suddenly fall forward off the wall. The wall wa pretty high, higher than me, so it would obviously be pretty painful to fall from. I utter a noise of surprise and fear before landing hard on the ground. The impact hurt. A lot. I didn't fall into nice soft mud or a water puddle, no. I fell onto a slab of rock or really compact/hard sand. I land on my arms, then hitting my stomach, lower front parts, legs and finally, my head slams into the hard ground. The impact makes me dizzy and everything suddenly goes black as I lay there in the hard mud, motionless, in the pouring rain.
 
-------------------------------------------------
 
OH SNAP! What's going to happen next? Stay tuned for part two which shall be up in a few minutes. ^^