My God

A Burning Fire Needs A Breeze

 

Junhyung's POV:
 
 
"I can't believe how much it's raining right now." Gikwang said as he flopped onto his bed, staring up at the ceiling. I looked over at him and listened to Doojoon speak up next. 
"I can't either. It hasn't rained like this in a while, we need it though. Everything has been so dry lately," he said. I nod in agreement before going back to staring out the window. 
"Something wrong, Junhyung?" I hear Gikwang ask. 
"No, nothing is wrong. This weather just makes me feel awful." I said. Whenever it rained, I lose my fire elemental power until it stops, and that makes me feel weak and vulnerable. It didn't happen to anyone else in the Fire Tribe; just me. Our tribe leader said that it was a unique gift from God but I didn't really believe that it was a gift. Why would losing your prized and special ability during rain storms be a gift?
"Oh yeah, I forgot." Gikwang 'oooh'ed, understanding.
"How could you forget? We've been friends since birth." I look at him, raising an eyebrow. When I in a bored mood I tended to get serious and quiet, almost sullen sometimes. What I say leaves Gikwang speechless and he stops talking.
"Hey Junhyung," Doojoon starts. "Have you seen anything odd lately?
"Yes,
"Really? Like what?
"I saw you two." I was joking of course. "Nahh just playin'.
"Haha, very funny." Doojoon rolls his eyes playfully, chuckling. "But seriously, have you seen anything weird?
"Whataya mean?
"Like.. Shadows?
I stare at Doojoon like he's crazy. "Shadows?"
"Not shadows.. Umm, I meant like, have you seen anything moving lately that you don't normally see?" at this point I was beginning to think Doojoon actually WAS going crazy now.
"Is this about that thing you guys almost killed?" I ask.
"Sorta. I'm just still so curious about that,"
"Me too." Gikwang chimes in before going back to resting on his bed.
"We were so close to catching however that was.. I just need to know.
"Why do you want to know?"
"Wouldn't you wanna know who's been running around in your tribe that doesn't belong there?" Doojoon watched me.
 "Eh, not really. I'm sure whatever it was that you guys saw is long gone by now." I knew it was Hyunseung, I didn't want to get him or his tribe blamed however. "Just a bear or something." I added to make it sound better.
"Yeah maybe, but I know what I saw, right Gikwang?"
"That definitely wasn't a bear, Junhyung. It was a man, about the same height as you or Doojoon, maybe an inch shorter." he said. "From what I could see, he was slender yet muscular and I remember he was a very fast runner and dodger." he frowned. "I could've gotten him in one shot, he knows how to run and dodge fire balls." Gikwang laughed despite him being hard on himself. With a small yawn, I turn my head and glance out the window again, staring at the rain. Me and Hyunseung were supposed to meet up and hang out tonight but what about now?
"I'm going to shower now guys." Doojoon said as he got up, walking to the bathroom. Gikwang and I grunted in acknowledgement, not bothering to say anything else. 
"I'm gonna go out on the porch, wanna come with me?" I ask as I get up, walking to the door. Yeah it was raining but it was an excuse for me to go outside and possibly leave to meet up with Hyunseung. I watched Gikwang shake his head and I simply shrugged. It was his choice. I open the door and walk out onto the porch after giving my pants a small pull up since they were falling down. I was a sagger, I had to admit, but I couldn't help it. They felt more comfortable all saggy.
 
After closing the door, I walk out onto the porch, looking around at the pouring rain. I was really curious to see if Hyunseung would be waiting for me.. I was anxious to find out. I take a few more steps, eyes staring in the direction I would soon be running off to. Was he over there? Oh, I couldn't see that far. With a small squint, I try to look but nothing. There were too many trees and the rain was killing my vision. With a small breath, I walk out from under my shelter, getting into the rain. The first couple of rain drops sizzled faintly when it touched my hot skin and steamed but as I continue to get wet, it eventually stops. The rain stings my arms but feels good. It's a rather refreshing feeling. Fire elementals, like me, weren't really supposed to go out in the rain but every once in a while I liked to. I begin to walk faster, my anxious feelings overcoming me. I wanted to see Hyunseung and now! Before I knew it, I had started trotting through the forest, hoping Hyunseung was there. "Hyunseung?" I call out as I slow, stopping to look around.
 
"Yo' Hyunseung! You here?" I wasn't being too loud but the rain carried my voice off so it wasn't as loud. I start to walk forward but then something catches my eye on the ground near the wall, which I had just gotten to. I move my hands to brush my wet hair out of my face, which didn't help much, squinting my eyes to see what was on the ground. I take a few more steps closer before my eyes widened in fear and worry. Hyunseung was laying motionless, face down in the mud. "Hyunseung!" I run over to the other before instantly dropping to my knees. I quickly grabbed his arm, rolling him over to his back. "What the hell.." my eyes widened at seeing a trail of red liquid flowing down Hyunseung's face.
 
"My god." I move so he is resting on my lap and I reach over, brushing his hair from his face so I could try and see the wound. It was a small but long cut on his forehead which was covered in dirt and mud, like his whole body. "I gotta get you out of here.." I didn't know what to do.. With a small grunt, I pick Hyunseung up, standing, and I walk back in the forest and out of the wall clearing. Hopefully the rain wasn't as bad under the trees.
 
Just as I expected, the thick trees blocked most of the rain so I was dry and not getting rained on, along with Hyunseung who was still unconscious. I sit down, pulling him into my lap again. Oh gosh, what do I do? I move the hair from his wound again before pulling off my shirt, leaving me shirtless and cold. I didn't care though. I quickly press my shirt onto his wound, wanting to at least clean and stop it from bleeding. Hopefully Hyunseung would wake up soon and tell me what hurts so I'd know what to do...
 
Nervous and worried, all I can do is run my fingers gently through the other's hair and hope he wakes up, and soon. "Wake up Hyunseung.. Wake up please." I sounded so pitiful but I was terrified. "Hurry."