K.... M.... S.... ?

The New Room Mate

Youngshin's POV

A few weeks have passed since Kyuhyun moved in. I don't know why, but why am I feeling so shy day by day? I'm supposed to be more comfortable with him now that I've got used to him being around. Well you know, we can ask each other for simple favors, chit chat, bring up news about school. But why do I feel like I'm growing more shy everyday? I shook my head as I sat on my bed after waking up. I should stop with these trivial thoughts. I smiled to myself and realized that I'm slowly falling for him more and more. I'm becoming more careful to not look like a fool infront of him. A sigh escaped my lips once again. A knock was heard.

*tok tok tok*

"Youngshin?" My body froze. I glanced at myself on the mirror beside me. I looked horrible ㅠㅠ. I combed my hair with my fingers and rubbed my eyes before standing up to open the door. A sleepy Kyuhyun met my eyes as I opened the door. His hair was messy and he was still in his pajamas and his loose black shirt perfectly hanging on his shoulders. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. Aww cute :3 I stared at his features, his messy dark brown hair, his tired eyes, his nose for a while before the both of us snapped back into reality.

"Oh I was too sleepy I didn't notice you already opened the door. Good morning Youngshin." He smiled/smirked. I beamed sheepishly amd rubbed my left arm nervously.

"Morning Kyu..." I tried to keep cool and fixed my hair a bit.

"Can you help me with something?" He asked my expression brightened.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked, crossing my arms on my chest.

"Well Donghae and I are supposed to be at a seminar today... Well... the thing is, I did everything to wake him up but I just can't seem to wake up that Fish. Since you two have been room mates I bet you know how to wake him up." He explained, smiling at the end. I tilted my head to the side. Hmm... that's odd Donghae's not that much of a heavy sleeper, isn't he? I sighed and looked at Kyuhyun.

"Uhm okay, I'll try to wake him up." I smiled "Aish Donghae..." I muttered as I opened the door. Donghae slept soundly, half of his face buried in his pillow. I tiptoed towards him and shook his shoulder lightly~

"Donghae-ya~" I called out. He didn't move and just continued to snore away. Kyuhyun wasn't aware of anything that was happening inside Donghae's/Kyuhyun's room (since they share the room together), the door behind me was closed and I wasn't doing a good job on waking Donghae up just like what Kyuhyun asked me to do T_T

The clock was ticking....tik tok tik tok...

I raised my voice a bit and tried again.

(check out the .gif's below!) XD

"Mwo???" Donghae rubbed his eyes a bit. Aish, he was like a little kid. So stubborn.

"Wake up."

"Aniyo."

"Please."

"N-O." 

I gave up. All right Lee Donghae, you win. I stared at the sleeping fish infront of me and rolled my eyes at him. I turned around to walk away, thinking of a way to tell Kyuhyun that Donghae won't be out of bed. I stomped my feet and mumbled some words.

"Aigoo..." I didn't even get to walk more than 5 steps away, Donghae held my hand. Slowly, turning around to face him. I felt a hint of electricity shooting throught my heart. Well, that felt pretty odd. Donghae still held on my hand tightly but he was still consistent on his pose of a sleeping fish.

"What now?" I sighed, answering but not looking at him. His hand still held tightly on mine.

"Stay here for a while." He said calmly.

"Wake up." I turned to him, seeing his face still buried in his pillow. I heard no reply but instead Donghae pulled me and I fell right next to him. He then secured me with his arms, hugging me. As if not wanting to let go.

"Dong...hae..." I was too surprised by his sudden action. And there I was, lying down beside him as I was still in his embrace. My body was a bit tensed up, it was utterly awkward.

"Just... Don't go." He said, his voice still hinting he still wanted to rest. I soon relaxed, resting my head on his chest. Sighing quietly. "Donghae, why are you like this? There are times when you really hate, me and there are times when... you know, times like this... when you make my heart somehow flutter." I thought to myself, I looked up to his face. He breathed calmly, I closed my eyes and just tried to relax.

"You do know that Kyuhyun's waiting for you outside, right?"

Everything was quiet.

The only sound that existed was the calm beating of his heart. Though only a couple of minutes have passed, it felt like a century.

 

 

 

 

 

"Youngshin-ah, I--" Kyuhyun stepped in the room, and the expression on his face was inevitable. I quickly sat up and looked at Kyuhyun.

He scratched his head, I was lost for words. Darn it -_-

"Uhm, I'll just lea-" Kyuhyun said awkwardly. Donghae on the other hand, sat up as well and acted as if nothing awkward was happening right now.

"Yeah, seminar. Today, yeah, I know." He rubbed his eyes and looked at Kyuhyun. 

"I just tripped." I suddenly spoke out in the midst of the weird situation. I then went out and clenched my fists and scolded myself.

Kyuhyun's POV

"I just tripped." She spat out. I could sense the uneasiness fill in the room and I nodded.

"Oh, so- uhm," I stuttered out. Now I came to the idea of Youngshin and Donghae secretly having feelings for each other. Could that be so? I'm not sure because from what I know, she despises him. I shrugged as I left the room and massaged my temples. What was that feeling, Kyuhyun?! I asked myself. Jealousy? I shook my head and left the dorm.

Donghae's POV

Youngshin and I decided to head to the campus together since Kyuhyun left earlier than he planned to. I looked at Youngshin who was walking beside me, she looked pretty under the sun. Her lashes brushed on her pink cheeks as she blinked. I smiled to myself, but I wondered why she looked so preoccupied by thinking too much. I was sure that she had something in her mind. I could tell as she bit her lip and slightly furrowed her eyebrows. We were almost close to the main hall and I nudged her arm.

"Ya." I called.

She still didn't pay attention and tilted her head slightly to the right, her mind still filled with thoughts.

"Ya. Youngshin."

"Park Youngshin." I held her shoulder and the both of us stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"Huh?" She looked a bit shocked as I put my hand on her shoulder. Her eyes trailed from my hand to my eyes. She tried to avoid my gaze and just walked once again. But I stopped her and held her hand.

"Ya. If you were thinking about what happened earlier...." I started. I knew she was thinking about the whole skinship thing this morning.

"What made you think that I was thinking about that?" She pouted a bit and looked away.

"Lucky guess. Well, anyway, just to clear things out. It was just a simple hug, okay?"

"So?" She asked.

"It meant nothing... Besides, I'm like that when I'm sleeping." I made an excuse and grinned.

"Okay, okay, okay." she replied.

"Hmm, looks like someone looks a bit... sad?" I teased.

"Sad? For what?" She asked and crossed her arms.

"When I said that hug didn't mean anything..." I recalled.

"Oh... no. Of course not, I'm just thinking about things." She walked and I followed. Later, she walked faster and just like a little kid mehronged me "Goodbye Lee Donghae! I'll race you to the classroom!" She ran. How does this girl easily change her mood? 

"Yah!" I tried to catch up with her. She turned left and I lost sight of her. Darn, this girl is fast. We looked like a couple of kindergarteners as we ran. 

"OUCH!" I heard someone yell. My eyes widened as I realized it was Youngshin's voice! I ran immediately and saw her on the floor, holding her ankle. I was about to approach her but some other guy came their first.

Youngshin's POV

I couldn't stand the pain in my ankle. How babo of me to slip on a newly mopped floor. I almost cried because the pain just wouldn't go away. 

"Miss, are you okay?" Someone asked. I held my ankle before I could look at the guy who approached me.

"Excuse me, miss?" He asked, his voice so low yet so appealing. I slowly turned my head to the handsome voice and discovered that his face was angelic. It was as if he had an aura around him. I was dumbfounded.

Wow. He's... wow.

He smiled as he asked me where I was hurt.

"Ah-- uhmm-- ah, my an-kle." I flinched as the pain stinged.

"Youngshin!" I heard Donghae and tried to help me up.

"Ah ahh Yah!" I yelped in pain as Donghae moved my ankle. He tried to carry me.

"Ah Mianhe~ C'mon let's go to the nurse." Donghae tucked my hair behind my ears. 

"I'll take her to the nurse." The guy offered.

"No, I'll take her." Donghae replied sternly. He tried to pick me up once again but he never fails to make my ankle feel worst!

"Ah Donghae! It hurts!" I hissed in pain. Donghae shook his head and rubbed his nape.

"Trust me on this, I'll take her. I practiced first aid." The guy replied and smiled.

Donghae crossed his arms. He looked at me.

"Does it hurt when I do this?" He carefully removed my sneakers. Yep, it hurt big time. I nodded and Donghae rolled his eyes.

I looked at the guy as he tried to look at my ankle. He looks pretty cute, but nothing beats Kyuhyun's charms though. I smiled.

A few moments later, the guy and Donghae accompanied me to the nurse. Donghae seemed frantic as he sat beside me.
"Youngshin-ah, are you sure you're okay?" He asked and held my hand. I felt butterflies again and smiled.

"Nothing, thank you." I smiled and so did he.

"Aish, I gotta go attend the seminar or else my proffesor's gonna kill me!" He looked at his wrist watch.

"You should go." I said.

"No way."

"Why."

"Then who's gonna stay here?" He asked like a little kid. I chuckled. It's nice when Donghae acts like this.

"Don't worry, I'll promise to send her back to the dorm." The charming guy who helped me earlier walked in and grinned.

Donghae stood up "And how would I trust you huh?"

The guy just grinned.

"By the way, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Kim Myungsoo.Don't worry, I'm a nurse here actually and I'm also a student. I work part-time. Don't worry, trust me on this one." The guy looked at Donghae and smiled at me. Gosh, he looks like a prince.

Donghae scratched his head. 

"Well, okay then. See you later Youngshin." Donghae sighed and looked at me before leaving. I waved and he left.

Myungsoo sat on the chair beside my bed and examined my ankle once again.

"You'll feel better after a few hours. May I know where your dorm is so I could drop you off later?" He asked.

"Huh? Uhm... I can go home alone." I stuttered.

Uh-oh!!! I CAN'T LET HIM KNOW THAT I'VE BEEN LIVING WITH THE GUYS. T_T

BUT. HOW COULD I SAY NO?! I can't go home, I can't walk. I shouted in my mind.

"No, I insist." He replied.

Aish!!! Help me!

Author's note

Hi! I've really missed writing! It's been so long since my last update! And ta-dah! Kim Myungsoo's the new character :D

I'm so sorry that I haven't been active lately, I had to accomplish all of my requirements 'cause I'm gonna graduate soon! Yay! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please show me some love by subscribing/dropping comments! I love you all!

xoxoxoxo.

thegaemgyu